Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-11-2008   #21
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Running Back Avalability Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Didn't knew Kenny Irons was waived from the Bengals.

He a fast guy, ran 4.45 at combine, and was a 2nd round pick last year. But he has been frequently injured since coming into the NFL. On one hand, he's still young and might overcome those problems, and on the other hand, we have two injury prone RB already so we don't need another one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Kenny Irons is a guy whom I wouldn't mind bringing in Camp. I had no idea The Bengals cut him either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I really liked Kenny Irons coming out of school....
Irons scored lower on the wunderlic than VY if I recall correctly, something like a 5. Got injured I thought pretty earlier on his rookie year, training camp.
Old 08-11-2008   #22
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Bush is a beast. Raiders snagged him with the 1st pick in the 4th. He was out the entire season before because of a broken leg (i think 1st game?) otherwise he was a Heisman frontrunner and most likely a 1st rounder.

Haven't thought much about a trade though- sounds like he's fully recovered ? If so, would we find a better RB than him in the 2nd round this coming draft- maybe but probably not. Interesting thought 3toes.
Well, they just gave Fargis a nice big contract. They've got McFaddin, kinda makes sense. Are they going to pay three of them ?

If Al can turn a forth into a second, he would strut around for a week or two that's for sure. If the leg passes inspection, might be just enough to get us over the hump. At what point do you give up on Green ? If they had Bush on board wouldn't matter would it ?
Old 08-11-2008   #23
forcefollow
Rookie

Rep Power: 230 forcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respected

Irons was a beast at Auburn. Sad to hear that an injury has sidelined him. I don't think damaged goods is the way to go. A broken leg can be recovered from but a bad acl tear is dicey. Why did denver cut Bell? Is he healthy? At this point the Texans should help Cedric Benson get cleaned up and sign him.

Someone mentioned anthony thomas? Is any gas left in his tank?
forcefollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #24
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefollow View Post
Irons was a beast at Auburn. Sad to hear that an injury has sidelined him. I don't think damaged goods is the way to go. A broken leg can be recovered from but a bad acl tear is dicey. Why did denver cut Bell? Is he healthy? At this point the Texans should help Cedric Benson get cleaned up and sign him.

I've always thought he was less of a "one cut and go" back and more of a "just go" guy. I'm not saying he couldn't do this system, only that I have trouble getting a mental picture of him doing it.
Old 08-11-2008   #25
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

based on the names being thrown around in this thread, I'll just go with what we have and hope for the best.

too early to push the panic button IMO. there will be some teams cutting some better names than these guys, unfortunately there will be teams like the Texans with injuries as well (ex. Ryan Grant) looking to pick up throwaways.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #26
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Were the raiders looking at doing something with Justin Fargas?

I would like to see Fargas in this offense.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #27
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefollow View Post

Somehow I think the Texans would take Dayne back before they ever took Benson. There's just too much "baggage" now with Benson. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-13-2008   #28
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Somehow I think the Texans would take Dayne back before they ever took Benson. There's just too much "baggage" now with Benson. JMHO!
While former UT Football players seem to have the ability to make criminal cases in Travis County "Go Away"... I think Benson would still be looking at a suspension from the NFL even if the cases were dismissed.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #29
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

M.Bush broke his leg in his final season in college. He was not healthy his rookie year as a result was IR'd all last year. He is now damn near 2 years removed from that broken leg, which was pretty bad if I remember correctly. The guy had stooopid game. If he's healthy he would be pretty good. There is obviously ZERO chance he will start in OAK and a minute chance he can contribute at RB.

I like Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #30
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
M.Bush broke his leg in his final season in college. He was not healthy his rookie year as a result was IR'd all last year. He is now damn near 2 years removed from that broken leg, which was pretty bad if I remember correctly. The guy had stooopid game. If he's healthy he would be pretty good. There is obviously ZERO chance he will start in OAK and a minute chance he can contribute at RB.

I like Bush!
OK. What would we have to give up to get him?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #31
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

They may as well bring back Ron.
Old 08-13-2008   #32
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL.

Gonna' have to just wait until next year's draft for a chance at a RB.

And even then...I doubt Kubiak would blow up a first rounder on one.

Mendenhall, Felix Jones, and Chris Johnson were all available. Saw highlights of Felix Jones from the Cowboys/Chargers game...not too shabby, especially catching the ball and doing something with it afterwards.

We had TWO big needs--OL and RB--and could only get one of them this year. Kubiak chose to go with Duane Brown, and so the LT position seems to be settled, barring any injury (please help us, Lord).

We've always griped about getting a better Oline.

Isn't there a Dorsett running around somewhere? Tony's kid?

Oh well, in three years we can get Sam McGuffie.
Old 08-13-2008   #33
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Now the Texans are just down to one problem
Old 08-13-2008   #34
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Now the Texans are just down to one problem
Execution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #35
gary
Hall of Fame

Two things that and the running game.
Old 08-13-2008   #36
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the Bush idea. I had forgotten all about him. I am thinking that we might be able to get him for a 3rd, considering they have McFadden and Fargas.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #37
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I like the Bush idea. I had forgotten all about him. I am thinking that we might be able to get him for a 3rd, considering they have McFadden and Fargas.
If he passes a physical and Kubiak/Gibbs think he runs fine and fits the team, I'd spend a 3rd on him. But I'm not sure what the asking price would be from Oakland, I'm thinking they'd want a 2nd- but who knows. Even though they have Fargas and McFadden, I think they'd be smart to keep Bush in there.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #38
gary
Hall of Fame

Are you all talking about Reggie?
Old 08-13-2008   #39
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391219 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Are you all talking about Reggie?
Michael Bush--Oakland Raiders
Old 08-13-2008   #40
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be all for taking Michael Bush if he is fully healthy. The Raiders don't exactly need him with Fargas and Mcfadden. If healthy Bush has a lot of upside.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read