Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-11-2008   #1
forcefollow
Rookie

Rep Power: 229 forcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Running Back Avalability Thread.

I am making my first post on this board a public service tool for all Texan fans and hopefully Texan management. Anytime a decent running back is released or becomes available please post his name here for discussion. The only decent running back that Houston has ever drafted was Dominick Davis. I was crushed this year when they did not take a running back with the first pick. Please save all the comments about the Gibbs cut block system. Bottom line is you have to have a back that can execute the plays. Fat out of shape has beens and never will bes are not going to get the Texans to the superbowl.

This thread is not a criticism of Duane Brown, Steve Slaton or Barber.

Last edited by forcefollow; 08-11-2008 at 01:13 PM.
forcefollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #2
Polo

Default Re: Running Back Avalability Thread.

Maroney ?
Old 08-11-2008   #3
forcefollow
Rookie

Rep Power: 229 forcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respectedforcefollow is a quality contributor and well respected

If the titans cut Quinton Ganther he would do.

Mewelbe Moore from Pittsburg if he gets cut is a possibility.
Old 08-11-2008   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I was not crushed or upset when we didn't take Mendenhall because I felt it was more important to draft for our o-line. And I'd prefer to have multiple picks than Mendenhall or Felix Jones at this point.

The running backs that I know of that I think are available:

Shaun Alexander - Broken down and possibly heartless since he got his payday
Cedric Benson - Character issues and performance issues
Mike Anderson - Not sure he still has it but had some good years in this system and can play FB
Marcell Shipp
Najeh Davenport - Not a good option in my opinion

I'm not sure who else is available.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #5
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Were the raiders looking at doing something with Justin Fargas?
Old 08-11-2008   #6
forcefollow
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I was not crushed or upset when we didn't take Mendenhall because I felt it was more important to draft for our o-line. And I'd prefer to have multiple picks than Mendenhall or Felix Jones at this point.

Mike Anderson - Not sure he still has it but had some good years in this system and can play FB
Marcell Shipp

Did Tiki Barber go anywhere. His attitude is similar to Alexander.
Old 08-11-2008   #7
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

What about the other guys we brought in 2 weeks ago?

Denzel's son John Washington, undrafted rookies Calvin Dawson and Darnell Terrell. If they haven't been signed maybe they will go that direction.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-11-2008   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Chief's have a couple of no names on the bubble that might fit.
Old 08-11-2008   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Maroney ?
I think he meant Vernon Morencey. But, he was on a roll.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 08-11-2008 at 01:09 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #10
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

Marcell Shipp

In no particular order...

Tyson Thompson
Anthony Thomas
Verron Haynes
Sam Gado
Ron Dayne
Kenny Irons
Reno Mahe
Eric Shelton
Josh Scobey
Shaud Williams
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Too list. to big, to slow, to small. To wounded.

We got small by the boat loads.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 08-11-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-11-2008   #12
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't knew Kenny Irons was waived from the Bengals.

He a fast guy, ran 4.45 at combine, and was a 2nd round pick last year. But he has been frequently injured since coming into the NFL. On one hand, he's still young and might overcome those problems, and on the other hand, we have two injury prone RB already so we don't need another one.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Sam Gado maybe?
Old 08-11-2008   #14
bollocks
Veteran

In all honesty, I think we should just resign the ole' Dayne-train. As I said in the gameday thread, (aside from Dominick Davis/Williams) Dayne has been our best and most reliable RB. I would feel comfortable ridding our selves of Taylor and possibly even Green to make room for him.
Old 08-11-2008   #15
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Were the raiders looking at doing something with Justin Fargas?
He signed a decent deal to stay with them. I have heard from a good Raiders fan friend of mine Michael Bush has looked good and McFadden is McFadden. I have a feeling if we wanted a shot at either we'd be looking at a draft pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefollow View Post
Did Tiki Barber go anywhere. His attitude is similar to Alexander.
Tiki retired and is now focusing on writing children's books and his Radio talk show.

Kenny Irons is a guy whom I wouldn't mind bringing in Camp. I had no idea The Bengals cut him either.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Ron does know how to push the pile along.
Old 08-11-2008   #17
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

No one is going to like this...I'd give up next years two for Micheal Bush. Course I'm the same guy who had Criss Williams and Clady ahead of Duane Brown. Last time we got into a deal with Weird Al we got taken to the wood shed. Anyone wanna defend the Buchanon deal ? Er, Phillip Buchanon. still looks wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/players/phillipbu...e?id=BUC267107

Last edited by threetoedpete; 08-11-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-11-2008   #18
Polo

I really liked Kenny Irons coming out of school....
Old 08-11-2008   #19
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Kenny Irons is a guy whom I wouldn't mind bringing in Camp. I had no idea The Bengals cut him either.
They cut him for a reason. He's coming off ACL surgery and was placed on the PUP before they dumped him.

ETA: He failed his physical in late July.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #20
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
No one is going to like this...I'd give up next years two for Micheal Bush. Course I'm the same guy who had Criss Williams and Clady ahead of Duane Brown. Last time we got into a deal with Weird Al we got taken to the wood shed. Anyone wanna defend the Buchanon deal ? Er, Phillip Buchanon. still looks wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/players/phillipbu...e?id=BUC267107
Bush is a beast. Raiders snagged him with the 1st pick in the 4th. He was out the entire season before because of a broken leg (i think 1st game?) otherwise he was a Heisman frontrunner and most likely a 1st rounder.

Havn't thought much about a trade though- sounds like he's fully recovered ? If so, would we find a better RB than him in the 2nd round this coming draft- maybe but probably not. Interesting thought 3toes.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read