Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-01-2008   #21
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post Your Fantasy Football Team

Here's mine from my first money league:

QB's:
McNabb
P. Rivers

RB's:
A. Peterson
W. Parker
L. Maroney
S. Slaton

WR's:
Burress
Bowe
Driver
Galloway

TE's:
Heap
Crumpler

Def:
Titans

K:
Rackers

Thoughts?
Old 09-01-2008   #22
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

QB - Derek Anderson
RB - Adrian Peterson (Keeper)
RB - Maurice Jones-Drew
RB/WR - Andre Davis
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - Marvin Harrison
TE - Dallas Clark
Seahawks D/ST
K - Nick Folk

Bench:

Steve Smith
Matt Schaub
Ahman Green
Chris Johnson
Ben Utecht
Jaguars D/ST
Trent Edwards
Bryant Johnson

ESPN 12 Team League

I doubt I will leave Andre Davis at RB/WR but for now I am undecided. Also unsure whether or not to start Schaub or Anderson.
Old 09-02-2008   #23
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 120 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey fellows,

20 team league. We just had our live draft in Vegas. Talk about a brutal time.

Sometimes you have 14 picks before you get to pick again. Here are my picks.

QB - Tony Romo
WR - Andre Johnson
WR - Nate Burleson
WR - Devin Hester
TE - Kellen Winslow
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Felix Jones
K - Nate Kaeding
DST - San Diego

Bench
WR - Devin Thomas
WR - Andre Johnson
RB - Jamaal Charles
RB - Pierre Thomas
TE - Benjamin Watson

I'm entertaining a trade offer right now. TO/Santonio Holmes for A. Johnson/Winslow. Would you do it?
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #24
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad I was able to get Brady and so many running backs who don't do RBBC I skimped on WR's. I hope that doesn't do me wrong.

Not Pictured:

(K) Rob Bironas TEN
(DST) Seattle
Old 09-03-2008   #25
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post

I'm glad I was able to get Brady and so many running backs who don't do RBBC I skimped on WR's. I hope that doesn't do me wrong.

Not Pictured:

(K) Rob Bironas TEN
(DST) Seattle
I think Rice could have a big year, as he's the deep threat on the team, and he's the one that's going to be drawing the #2CB. If there's a Viking QB that can get him the ball, he could make some things interesting up there.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008   #26
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, that's why I picked him up. Unfortunately he's widely unproven, and the Vikings might not really use him as much as they should due to Jacksons inability to properly QB a football team.

I'm thinking I'll end up moving one of either Fred Taylor or Brandon Jacobs, and I'm hoping I can get at least a decent wideout for either one of them. I'm not quite familiar who would be worth either one of those players.
Old 09-04-2008   #27
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN is going ultra-conservative (AKA covering their ***) when it comes to the week 1 predictions.

Also, they seem to think that Andre Davis is a backup WR.
Old 09-04-2008   #28
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 711 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I was trying to do Arabic homework during my live draft at my girlfriends apt so a few of my picks were a little erratic...then I left around midnight and a few picks had to be auto picked. It's a 10 team league. I don't really know why I'm grabbing all these extra running backs, but they all seem like the best investment for the guys that kind of seem like dead weight right now.

I wasn't around for the Clark, Houston D, Ginn, Dunn or Pitt D picks.

QB is a little weak but I think I can make it...I feel pretty good about my RBs and WRs.

QB
Eli Manning(NYG - QB)

WR
Larry Fitzgerald(Ari - WR)

WR
Roy Williams(Det - WR)

WR
Santana Moss(Was - WR)

RB
Adrian Peterson(Min - RB)

RB
Maurice Jones-Drew(Jac - RB)

TE
Vernon Davis(SF - TE)

BN
Matt Schaub(Hou - QB)

BN
Kevin Walter(Hou - WR)

BN
Ted Ginn Jr.(Mia - WR)

BN
Desmond Clark - Waiving him for Chester Taylor
(Chi - TE)

BN
Warrick Dunn(TB - RB) - Waiving him for Steve Slaton

DEF
Pittsburgh(Pit - DEF)

Had Houston's D but I waived it for DeAngelo Williams

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #29
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 21874 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, the drubbing we recieved at the hands of the Steelers today is softened for me by the performance of my fantasy team. Take a gander:
QB Drew Brees
RB Brandon Jacobs
RB Willie Parker
WR Hines Ward
WR Andre Johnson
TE Jeremy Shockey
Def Philly
K Matt Prater
Can you say high scorer for the week?
Old 09-10-2008   #30
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Line_Producer View Post
Hey fellows,

QB - Tony Romo
WR - Andre Johnson
WR - Nate Burleson
WR - Devin Hester
TE - Kellen Winslow
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Felix Jones
K - Nate Kaeding
DST - San Diego

Bench
WR - Devin Thomas
WR - Andre Johnson
RB - Jamaal Charles
RB - Pierre Thomas
TE - Benjamin Watson

I'm entertaining a trade offer right now. TO/Santonio Holmes for A. Johnson/Winslow. Would you do it?
Yes. In a heartbeat.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #31
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

8 Team League

1st Round - LaDanian Tomlinson (#1 Overall)
2nd Round - Willie Parker (#16 Overall)
3rd Round - Larry Johnson (#17 Overall)
4th Round - Lawrence Maroney (#32 Overall)
5th Round - Larry Fitzgerald (#33 Overall)
6th Round - Kellen Winslow (#48 Overall)
7th Round - Roy Williams (#49 Overall)
8th Round - Lee Evans (#64 Overall)
9th Round - Chris Cooley (#65 Overall)
10th Round - Chris Chambers (#80 Overall)
11th Round - Donald Driver (#81 Overall)
12th Round - Robbie Gould K (#96 Overall)
13th Round - Bears Defense (#97 Overall)
14th Round - Jeff Reed K (#112 Overall)
15th Round - Tampa Bay Defense (#113 Overall)
16th Round - Eli Manning (#128 Overall)
17th Round - Matt Schaub (#129 Overall)

I went in with a strategy and I stuck with it. Go after every good running back with my first 4 picks and don't take a QB till the end of the draft. If Larry Johnson can even have a halfway decent season, I should be setup for a playoff run in my league. I just liked getting 3 of the top 6 picks from last year (LT, LJ, and Parker) They were risky but its not like they forgot how to play the game.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 09-10-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #32
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 32564 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Line_Producer View Post
Hey fellows,

QB - Tony Romo
WR - Andre Johnson
WR - Nate Burleson
WR - Devin Hester
TE - Kellen Winslow
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Felix Jones
K - Nate Kaeding
DST - San Diego

Bench
WR - Devin Thomas
WR - Andre Johnson
RB - Jamaal Charles
RB - Pierre Thomas
TE - Benjamin Watson

No. That is a terrible trade. You trade Winslow and that leaves you with Watson who is hurt and has Matt Castle throwing him the ball, Santonio Holmes is a #2 Receiver.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #33
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 32564 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

QB Philip Rivers
(SD - QB)

WR Randy Moss
(NE - WR)

WR Eddie Royal
(Den - WR)

RB Marshawn Lynch
(Buf - RB)

RB Steve Slaton
(Hou - RB)

TE Kellen Winslow
(Cle - TE)

W/T Chris Chambers
(SD - WR)

BN Darren McFadden
(Oak - RB)

BN Torry Holt
(StL - WR)

BN Matt Schaub
(Hou - QB)

BN Rashard Mendenhall
(Pit - RB)

BN Brandon Marshall
(Den - WR)

K Stephen Gostkowski
(NE - K)

DEF Dallas
(Dal - DEF)

D Nick Barnett
(GB - DL)

DB Bob Sanders
(Ind - DB)

DL DeMeco Ryans
(Hou - DL)

I ended up drafting the middle of the pack so its just an average team.

Old 09-10-2008   #34
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
QB Philip Rivers
(SD - QB)

WR Randy Moss
(NE - WR)

WR Eddie Royal
(Den - WR)

RB Marshawn Lynch
(Buf - RB)

RB Steve Slaton
(Hou - RB)

TE Kellen Winslow
(Cle - TE)

W/T Chris Chambers
(SD - WR)

BN Darren McFadden
(Oak - RB)

BN Torry Holt
(StL - WR)

BN Matt Schaub
(Hou - QB)

BN Rashard Mendenhall
(Pit - RB)

BN Brandon Marshall
(Den - WR)

K Stephen Gostkowski
(NE - K)

DEF Dallas
(Dal - DEF)

D Nick Barnett
(GB - DL)

DB Bob Sanders
(Ind - DB)

DL DeMeco Ryans
(Hou - DL)

I ended up drafting the middle of the pack so its just an average team.
The Royal pick sure looks good right about now. To be honest, I didn't have a lot of faith in Denver this year and Royal was not on my radar. Albeit against the Raiders, the Broncos looked GREAT on Monday especially Cutler. That guy just looks in control out there and has the mixture of brains and balls that make a great QB...oh and it doesn't hurt that he has one of the strongest arms in the league.

I also like that you were able to get Chambers late (I am assuming you drafted him later in your draft) to be a possible hookup from Rivers. Chambers looked great late last year and looked good during preseason.
Old 09-11-2008   #35
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
The Royal pick sure looks good right about now. To be honest, I didn't have a lot of faith in Denver this year and Royal was not on my radar. Albeit against the Raiders, the Broncos looked GREAT on Monday especially Cutler. That guy just looks in control out there and has the mixture of brains and balls that make a great QB...oh and it doesn't hurt that he has one of the strongest arms in the league.

I also like that you were able to get Chambers late (I am assuming you drafted him later in your draft) to be a possible hookup from Rivers. Chambers looked great late last year and looked good during preseason.
I didn't pick Royal until after he played that game. He is actually a FA pick up at 530 in the morning.

Yahoo froze my computer at the beginning of the draft and I had to restart so my first three picks were auto drafted. Moss, Lynch, and Holt were not my picks. I would have went AJ, Homo er Romo, and Parker. (all whom were there during my picks.)

I am not excited about Moss, I don't expect him to have that kind of season again, especially now that they don't have Brady.

Lynch is an OK back but not worth my second pick. Here to hoping he has a break out year.

When Holt was drafted I almost cried. The Rams suck, Bulger sucks, and Holt is old and past his prime. Holt got me a scorching 1.9 points last week. To make matters worse he is on the can't cut list.

Chambers was a late pick along with Rivers.

Royal got 42 points last week and I lost by 40.

What could of been seems to be the theme for this team this year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read