Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2008   #81
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP
Default Re: Ahman Green: I call him Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by El cabezon View Post
Since you are in the business of cutting players, why don't you cut Andre Johnson, he missed 7 games last year due to an injury and had a pulled groin last week
Ok...so this argument is getting really old really fast.

Let's take an injury-prone, aging, has-been RB and (in order to make a point) compare his injury to a Pro Bowl, in-the-middle-of-his-prime WR who missed a few games last year with an injury.

Yes, AJ currently has a tweaked groin too, but the difference is in their production...not to mention their age. AJ is young and still has time to prove that his injuries aren't a common occurance. Green....not so much. Even after missing seven game last year, AJ was still one of the best WRs in the game last year when he did play...and obviously was a differnce-maker. Green played "decent" when he wasn't injured (if you can remember back that far), but no where near AJ's play.

Aaaaahman Green hasn't been able to avoid injuries or play up to his potential since Brett Favre first thought about retirement. And yes I realize that Green was once a Pro Bowler as well, but what does that matter? So was Boselli...remember how that worked out? I'm sorry, but anyone that tries to compare AJ's injuries with Green's reoccuring injuries are grasping for excuses IMO. If AJ has the same injury problem for the next 4-5 years....THEN come talk to me and you will have a valid point.
Old 08-12-2008   #82
El cabezon
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 El cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Simple, WRs have much longer careers than RBs on average. AG is at an age where RBs careers usually end. A very good RB will usually give a team 4-6 years of solid productivity as a starter. The Packers already took those years, very rarely does a RB AG's age and injury history produce after 30.

AJ however is only 27 and judging by past WRs hasn't even seen his prime years yet and could conceivably give us 10 more years of great WR play if he takes care of his body.
I have been watching football since the late 70's, I know about the shelf life of a running back ( approx. 4 years), I was just being sarcastic, thanks for your info.
El cabezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #83
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJB View Post
Ok...so this argument is getting really old really fast.

Let's take an injury-prone, aging, has-been RB and (in order to make a point) compare his injury to a Pro Bowl, in-the-middle-of-his-prime WR who missed a few games last year with an injury.

Yes, AJ currently has a tweaked groin too, but the difference is in their production...not to mention their age. AJ is young and still has time to prove that his injuries aren't a common occurance. Green....not so much. Even after missing seven game last year, AJ was still one of the best WRs in the game last year when he did play...and obviously was a differnce-maker. Green played "decent" when he wasn't injured (if you can remember back that far), but no where near AJ's play.

Aaaaahman Green hasn't been able to avoid injuries or play up to his potential since Brett Favrefirst thought about retirement. And yes I realize that Green was once a Pro Bowler as well, but what does that matter? So was Boselli...remember how that worked out? I'm sorry, but anyone that tries to compare AJ's injuries with Green's reoccuring injuries are grasping for excuses IMO. If AJ has the same injury problem for the next 4-5 years....THEN come talk to me and you will have a valid point.
I won't even highlight it. Just don't talk about AJ like that. He won't be injury prone. He won't be injury prone.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #84
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is not even worthy of an AJ quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read