Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-11-2008   #61
Ckw

Default Re: Ahman Green: I call him Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
I am sure your husband could last longer than ONE FRIGGIN PLAY
Old 08-11-2008   #62
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe im looking through rose tinted glasses but i think y'all are way overreacting over this and where is the talk that he has little to nothing left/ just cashing checks coming from?

everyone agrees hes looked great in camp.. works really hard in the offseason. so wheres it coming from please.. he strained/pulled his groin. it happens- he'll be back and will hopefully have a productive 2008 and im quite confident he will

ahman green has plenty of money- its not like its zgonina/salaam etc who have scraped through their entire careers without ever really getting 'paid'

sounds to me like people are stirring which is understandable since things are looking pretty decent.. last year it was mario and the 'slug' travis johnson, this year its ahmans turn i guess
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #63
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
maybe im looking through rose tinted glasses but i think y'all are way overreacting over this and where is the talk that he has little to nothing left/ just cashing checks coming from?

everyone agrees hes looked great in camp.. works really hard in the offseason. so wheres it coming from please.. he strained/pulled his groin. it happens- he'll be back and will hopefully have a productive 2008 and im quite confident he will

ahman green has plenty of money- its not like its zgonina/salaam etc who have scraped through their entire careers without ever really getting 'paid'

sounds to me like people are stirring which is understandable since things are looking pretty decent.. last year it was mario and the 'slug' travis johnson, this year its ahmans turn i guess
I think you're wrong. I don't think it's just Ahman's day in the barrell. I think it's a case of Texans fans being understandably nervous because Ahman Green has yet to be successful as a Texan and the thought of a replay of last season with Chris Brown playing the part of Ron Dayne is not something we want to see.

Sure some of it is a little over the top and that's hard to deny but it's perfectly understandable. All that needs to happen to make it all stop is for Ahman Green to have the kind of season he's been saying he's going to have since we signed him. Just one will be fine.
Old 08-11-2008   #64
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

AAAAAHHHHHHHman Green fell down before he got hit. He self injured himself.
Seems like we have had this type of thing before, only we called it self sacking or the fetal position.
Old 08-11-2008   #65
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think you're wrong. I don't think it's just Ahman's day in the barrell. I think it's a case of Texans fans being understandably nervous because Ahman Green has yet to be successful as a Texan and the thought of a replay of last season with Chris Brown playing the part of Ron Dayne is not something we want to see.

Sure some of it is a little over the top and that's hard to deny but it's perfectly understandable. All that needs to happen to make it all stop is for Ahman Green to have the kind of season he's been saying he's going to have since we signed him. Just one will be fine.
he started off well then took a freak hit to his knee that kinda fecked up last season... this year he strained his groin. (sh) it happens. luck plays a huge part of success in the nfl. he hasnt been lucky since he joined us but its only been one season.. you make it sound like its DC and we're on year 3/4/5 of this same stuff

he been as unlucky as AJ since he been here but hes the only one getting the mr glass tag (and dont give me any rhetoric about the reason AJ gets a pass is that hes had success with the texans... bottom line is that AG has had just as much success in the nfl if not with us)

im not saying we should be getting on AJ's case.. im just saying we should be so hard on ahman. both are great pros, 12 month players and shouldnt get trashed over a MINOR injury
Old 08-11-2008   #66
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
AAAAAHHHHHHHman Green fell down before he got hit. He self injured himself.
Seems like we have had this type of thing before, only we called it self sacking or the fetal position.
so did AJ.. your point?
Old 08-11-2008   #67
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
he started off well then took a freak hit to his knee that kinda fecked up last season... this year he strained his groin. (sh) it happens. luck plays a huge part of success in the nfl. he hasnt been lucky since he joined us but its only been one season.. you make it sound like its DC and we're on year 3/4/5 of this same stuff

he been as unlucky as AJ since he been here but hes the only one getting the mr glass tag (and dont give me any rhetoric about the reason AJ gets a pass is that hes had success with the texans... bottom line is that AG has had just as much success in the nfl if not with us)

im not saying we should be getting on AJ's case.. im just saying we should be so hard on ahman. both are great pros, 12 month players and shouldnt get trashed over a MINOR injury
And I'm talking about why he's getting this treatment from the fans and saying that it's perfectly understandable. We're a fanbase with a short fuse right now. If the LT leaves the field with a limp we're all sitting there with this sinking feeling in the pit of our stomach. If the QB starts to look like he's holding the ball too long then we're all rolling our eyes and thinking of David Carr. If Ahman Green starts 2008 with an injury on his first play from scrimmage in preseason we all look at each other and nod our heads because THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING TO SEE.

Fair, not fair. most of us don't give a crap. It's the baggage this team has and the kind of stuff you have to go through if you play here. Until a LT succeeds we're going to have our hearts in our throat every time he looks like he's hurt. Until a QB has success here we're going to have David Carr just a little bit on the brain. Our history or "pattern" at RB is one of failure, injury, and frustration with small "blips" of success here and there but mostly years of disappointment. Free agent backs haven't worked out here so far and Ahman Green is just a more heralded Stacy Mack until he succeeds. Chris Brown is just another "hurt all the time" Ahman Green until he gets out there and proves otherwise.

I was saying that the Ahman Green deal was a bad move the day it was made and I was not alone. I wanted to see it work out but I always expected it to turn out like it has and I expect the same thing in 2008. I want better but I don't expect it.
Old 08-11-2008   #68
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
And I'm talking about why he's getting this treatment from the fans and saying that it's perfectly understandable. We're a fanbase with a short fuse right now. If the LT leaves the field with a limp we're all sitting there with this sinking feeling in the pit of our stomach. If the QB starts to look like he's holding the ball too long then we're all rolling our eyes and thinking of David Carr. If Ahman Green starts 2008 with an injury on his first play from scrimmage in preseason we all look at each other and nod our heads because THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING TO SEE.

Fair, not fair. most of us don't give a crap. It's the baggage this team has and the kind of stuff you have to go through if you play here. Until a LT succeeds we're going to have our hearts in our throat every time he looks like he's hurt. Until a QB has success here we're going to have David Carr just a little bit on the brain. Our history or "pattern" at RB is one of failure, injury, and frustration with small "blips" of success here and there but mostly years of disappointment. Free agent backs haven't worked out here so far and Ahman Green is just a more heralded Stacy Mack until he succeeds. Chris Brown is just another "hurt all the time" Ahman Green until he gets out there and proves otherwise.

I was saying that the Ahman Green deal was a bad move the day it was made and I was not alone. I wanted to see it work out but I always expected it to turn out like it has and I expect the same thing in 2008. I want better but I don't expect it.
thats fine but i dont overreact irrationally just because we had a crappy team..

saying all our rb's/lt's are cursed just because its happened to a couple guys in our short (crappy) history is stupid.. doesnt mean its always going to happen forever. like i said, with injuries its mostly blind luck.

if we had taken 'cant miss' reggie bush and he had been crap, these same people wouldve said its proof our rb's are cursed which is crap.. we were lucky our braintrust can make good decisions. AG wasnt a bad decision imo.. hes shown he can still play very well when healthy (in TC and some of his few games).. he had that unlucky injury last year and just nicked himself a small bit there on saturday..

sorry but that isnt proof of anything in my book especially as it was a pre-season game so precautionary measures are top of the list
Old 08-11-2008   #69
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

what's the difference between ahman going down in a preseason game to avoid contact when he didn't feel right and AJ pulling up on a deep route in practice? hell, profootballtalk.com is already questioning AJ's durability and i can't wait to see that thread if AJ isn't ready for the opener a month from now. isn't preseason mainly about your starters avoiding injury?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #70
El cabezon
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 El cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post

ONE FRIGGIN PLAY and he goes out of the game. Cut this guy for the love of God please. He is more fragile than 1,000 year old pottery. Its INSANE to pin any hopes on this guy. The Texans have done this WAY too much in their history. The list is endless: Boselli, Spencer, Domanick Davis, etc.

I don't care if he is doing yoga or whatever crap to loosen up. He has too much tread on his tires and he is stealing a paycheck. Cut this loser now.
Since you are in the business of cutting players, why don't you cut Andre Johnson, he missed 7 games last year due to an injury and had a pulled groin last week
El cabezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #71
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by El cabezon View Post
Since you are in the business of cutting players, why don't you cut Andre Johnson, he missed 7 games last year due to an injury and had a pulled groin last week
Simple, WRs have much longer careers than RBs on average. AG is at an age where RBs careers usually end. A very good RB will usually give a team 4-6 years of solid productivity as a starter. The Packers already took those years, very rarely does a RB AG's age and injury history produce after 30.

AJ however is only 27 and judging by past WRs hasn't even seen his prime years yet and could conceivably give us 10 more years of great WR play if he takes care of his body.
Old 08-11-2008   #72
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
so wheres it coming from please..
It's coming from the fact that Ahman Green has been able to play in only 25 of his last 48 games, missing 23 totally, and in at least two of those 25 he appeared in, he had to leave the game early due to injury.

Quote:
he'll be back and will hopefully have a productive 2008 and im quite confident he will
And this confidence is coming from where, please?

I hope more than anything that I'm proven wrong and that I have to eat doo. I'm not nervous about anything - I've just never been optimistic about Green or Brown this year or any year looking forward. Frustrated is a better word - and I've felt that way for a while - not just since Saturday night.

Last edited by aj.; 08-12-2008 at 06:18 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #73
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Simple, WRs have much longer careers than RBs on average. AG is at an age where RBs careers usually end. A very good RB will usually give a team 4-6 years of solid productivity as a starter. The Packers already took those years, very rarely does a RB AG's age and injury history produce after 30.

AJ however is only 27 and judging by past WRs hasn't even seen his prime years yet and could conceivably give us 10 more years of great WR play if he takes care of his body.

I remember when people were questioning AJ's eyesight
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #74
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually I'm surprised that "Mr. Glass" survived the first day of cuts this past spring.

I agree.. he is just looking for a easy paycheck.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #75
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

My point is that he needs the knife, the saw or whatever cuts his ties with this team
Old 08-11-2008   #76
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I remember when people were questioning AJ's eyesight
He musta got contacts.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #77
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58841 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

An RB that won't take a hit and a QB that can't take a hit...

At least our backups look good
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #78
RED_ROOSTER
Veteran

Ahman will be fine, it was one of those fluke things... it kinda caught me off guard too, like what was that, but , he'll be alright, give the vet a chance.
RED_ROOSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #79
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Quote:
Ahman will be fine, it was one of those fluke things... it kinda caught me off guard too, like what was that, but , he'll be alright, give the vet a chance.

don't you mean give the aging injured guy a paycheck
Old 08-12-2008   #80
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 123 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

He got a chance last year, and this year..........?
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read