Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-10-2008   #1
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ahman Green: I call him Mr. Glass

ONE FRIGGIN PLAY and he goes out of the game. Cut this guy for the love of God please. He is more fragile than 1,000 year old pottery. Its INSANE to pin any hopes on this guy. The Texans have done this WAY too much in their history. The list is endless: Boselli, Spencer, Domanick Davis, etc.

I don't care if he is doing yoga or whatever crap to loosen up. He has too much tread on his tires and he is stealing a paycheck. Cut this loser now.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #2
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ahman Green: I call him Mr. Glass

I wouldn't go so far as to call Ahman a loser.

It is really frustrating to have him not go one play and get injured one way or another again. It hurt twice as bad that Chris Brown is out too.

I get the feeling of Deja Vu seeing it this year except this year it's pre-season instead of the first game of the season. I'm not sure I want to wait and see if he's ready to go by the season starter just to see him go down again.Personally I think it might be in best interests of both sides we cut him sooner then later. Perhaps he could catch on to another team.

I think Smith could do better on the waiver wire then a guy that is possibly poised for more extended time on the bench. Specially after cuts.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #3
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if the loser tag is harsh. They couldn't find anything wrong with him last year in tests yet he only played in only 3 games. Friggin Phillip Rivers played on ONE leg in a playoff game. Then he takes himself out after ONE play. Why should the team, coaches, or fans have any faith in him. I don't get the feeling he is giving his all to play.
Old 08-10-2008   #4
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 84240 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy says Ahman Green is soft .......

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263877 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Green is a great running back when he's healthy. But, that's the trick isn't it, him being healthy?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post

ONE FRIGGIN PLAY and he goes out of the game. Cut this guy for the love of God please. He is more fragile than 1,000 year old pottery. Its INSANE to pin any hopes on this guy. The Texans have done this WAY too much in their history. The list is endless: Boselli, Spencer, Domanick Davis, etc.

I don't care if he is doing yoga or whatever crap to loosen up. He has too much tread on his tires and he is stealing a paycheck. Cut this loser now.
Elijah Price (Jackson) is born with Type I osteogenesis imperfecta, a rare disease in which the bones break easily. As a child he is taunted by other children, who nickname him "Mr. Glass". Drawing on what he has read in comic books during his many hospital stays, Price theorizes that if he is frail at one extreme, then perhaps there is someone strong at the opposite
extreme.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unbreakable_(film)
Very clever T-F.
Did you ever see the flic ? I didn't but always wanted to since it was an intriguing story with an excellent cast, especially with Samuel L. as Mr. Glass.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #7
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

This is too funny
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-10-2008   #8
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Green is a great running back when he's healthy. But, that's the trick isn't it, him being healthy?
Last year I posted his injury stats.. It looks like he is good for a knee, groin, hamstring injury/ problem every year since 2002.

While injuries are part of the game, we shouldn't have to hitch our wagon to a long term injury just waiting to happen.

Ahman Green's complete injury profile from 2002

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo.../injuries.html

Last edited by Koolaid Time; 08-10-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #9
TexansFight
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Elijah Price (Jackson) is born with Type I osteogenesis imperfecta, a rare disease in which the bones break easily. As a child he is taunted by other children, who nickname him "Mr. Glass". Drawing on what he has read in comic books during his many hospital stays, Price theorizes that if he is frail at one extreme, then perhaps there is someone strong at the opposite
extreme.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unbreakable_(film)
Very clever T-F.
Did you ever see the flic ? I didn't but always wanted to since it was an intriguing story with an excellent cast, especially with Samuel L. as Mr. Glass.
I did see the movie. I liked and thought it was M Night Shyamalan's 2nd best film after the 6th Sense.
Old 08-10-2008   #10
texanfreak
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 texanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post

This guy says Ahman Green is soft .......
roflmao "PRICELESS"
texanfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Dude!
I loved Signs AND The Village.
He's got some pretty good flicks.
oh no...

Signs? That was horrible. It was a stupid concept.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

He did the same thing AJ did. Pull up with a groin tweak. Are we going to cut everyone who gets injured? Sheesh
Old 08-10-2008   #13
TexansFight
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
He did the same thing AJ did. Pull up with a groin tweak. Are we going to cut everyone who gets injured? Sheesh
Ummm, AJ is a Pro Bowl level player who suffered a LEGITIMATE injury last year and STILL played in 7 games more than twice as many as our own Mr. Glass. AJ is a warrior and has earned the benefit of the doubt from us.
Old 08-10-2008   #14
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ummm, AJ is a Pro Bowl level player who suffered a LEGITIMATE injury last year and STILL played in 7 games more than twice as many as our own Mr. Glass.
Excuse me, but my husband resents this nickname.
Old 08-10-2008   #15
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33363 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Dude!
I loved Signs AND The Village.
He's got some pretty good flicks.

Two of my favorites as well.
Old 08-10-2008   #16
TexansFight
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Excuse me, but my husband resents this nickname.
No disrespect intended I am sure your husband could last longer than ONE FRIGGIN PLAY in a game.

This guy is just another Boselli, Joppru, Spencer, etc. situation we all know to well. Rinse and repeat.
Old 08-11-2008   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ummm, AJ is a Pro Bowl level player who suffered a LEGITIMATE injury last year and STILL played in 7 games more than twice as many as our own Mr. Glass. AJ is a warrior and has earned the benefit of the doubt from us.
You know that Ahman Green has been to more Pro Bowls than AJ, right?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #18
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
You know that Ahman Green has been to more Pro Bowls than AJ, right?
you do realize that andre johnson made the probowl with david carr at quarterback right?
Old 08-11-2008   #19
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Green has seriously lost his edge, and what fire existed in Green Bay has been long since extinguished. At 31, he appears to be more concerned with cashing these last few paychecks than helping a team win football games. I think he's become shy of game contact and he knows inside that this is his last year, and since the Texans aren't going to get him another SB ring, why risk further injury right? He already has it all. So where is his motivation? Just make the 53.

There's no room to play tinker bell with Green and his roster spot any longer. Give me a hungry RB that wants to bust heads and make a name for himself. If Green's not able to appear in more than 5 games again this year (what evidence is there that he can?) cut him before final roster cutdown and save McNair a few million - because AG sure as hell hasn't earned it.

I was never big on this signing but now I'm seriously getting tired of his inability to stay on the field. Falling down untouched on your first touch of the preseason isn't a good sign. What happens when he starts getting hit by LBs? Rhetorical question. Most of us know what will happen.

Last edited by aj.; 08-11-2008 at 07:30 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think all of this is speculation at best from a bunch of people who don't understand what happened. You are calling out a guy for one preseason injury?

Kubiak has said multiple times that Green has looked the best in practice, that Green has worked the hardest in the offseason, that Green is ready to make up for lost time last year.

He's the head coach, and if he says Green has fire, then I believe him. Kubiak has shown throughout his entire tenure that he doesn't put up with guys who aren't trying. Sherman is long gone, so if Kubiak didn't believe Green could help the football team, he'd be gone.

Green pulled up and went down early because he felt a tweak in his groin. Andre Johnson did the same thing. You want our best running back risking season ending injury in the first preseason game? Its preseason football people. Who cares if he plays 1 snap or all of them. The goal is to learn the scheme and come out healthy.

Groin tweaks happen. They aren't a big deal. But if you feel it tighten up, and you keep on playing, you risk a big injury. It was all well and good that AJ pulled up with a groin injury. We want him to preserve his health for games that matter. But if Green does it, we crucify him?

Everyone keeps posting "He went down without any contact!"
Well, what did you want him to do? He felt his groin tighten up, he prevented the injury from being worse. Its preseason football. None of this counts.

We have a very young football team here right now. We have a slew of below-average running backs. Green is a veteran who plays smart, has good wheels, and has good field vision. He is by far the best runnign back on this team when he is healthy. Anyone with eyes can see it during practice. So excuse me for not immediately cutting him based on his attempt at preventing an injury during a meaningless preseason game.

If all he was after was his paycheck, do you really think a guy with his injury past would fake an injury to sit out a few snaps in preseason ball? No way. He knows as well as anyone he's going to get cut if he's hurt. He wouldn't have gone through all of training camp if all he was after was the guaranteed money.

So many of you are calling him out and spouting off speculation like its fact. "He doesn't play hard" "He can't handle any contact" "He is faking"
The guy is a 5 time probowler who has been in the NFL for 11 years.
Lets give him a little more respect than this

Last edited by gtexan02; 08-11-2008 at 07:43 AM.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read