Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-11-2008   #61
Lucky

Rep Power: 161176 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I miss Ron Dayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Is the situation desparate enough to use the Travis Henry card?
Henry popped positive on a urine test last month. He's looking at a one year suspension whenever Goodell rules on his case.
Old 08-11-2008   #62
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I suppose you also miss Stacy Mack, Allen, Wells, Matt Stevens, Corey Bradford, Ryan Young, Demingo Grahm, Victor Riley, David Carr, Seth Wand, Todd Wade, Tony Banks, Dave Ragone, ect.

And yes I do lump Dayne in will all of these stellar players.
Dayne was the only back we had last year that could get the job done, even if it wasn't always a good job, he was the best we had. Of course we all want a better back than Dayne, but if he's the best ya got, then you play him. And he did provide us with some excitement, the Dayne Train did make a few TDs for us.

Right now, other than Slayton, I don't see a lot in our backfield to get excited about. And Slayton isn't gonna be a full time back so we still aren't that much better off.

I think that Gibbs will make us a better running team even with the left overs we got for running backs. Maybe next year they'll draft us a real running back and the Oline will be able to block for him with a year in the trenches and two training camps using ZBS.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #63
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

wow, this thread made it 4 pages. dayne sucks, unfortunately so does ahman, taylor, and brown. we'll deal with what we got. there is a reason why dayne is on the couch. unfortunately, there's a reason why ahman and brown were let go. don't see it in taylor, hopefully he finds his way after missing all of last year. i think walker and slaton can carry us through the year. they aren't a long term solution but they can get the job done. nobody misses dayne though.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #64
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I say it every year so this year should not be different, you want class, go watch golf. This sport is only for gladiators and warriors and not for the faint of heart.
I hope you realize how dumb this sounds? The sport is for gladiators and warriors... go cuddle up with your Conan the Barbarian tapes if it makes you feel better.

We are FANS, not 'gladiators and warriors', and neither are the players for that matter. Blaming Dayne for a freak accident is as silly as calling AJ injury-prone and wanting to get rid of him.

If you want gladiators and warriors I suggest you go watch pro wresling and pretend its all real, too many sissy rules in football because of the faint of heart.
Old 08-11-2008   #65
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I suppose you also miss Stacy Mack, Allen, Wells, Matt Stevens, Corey Bradford, Ryan Young, Demingo Grahm, Victor Riley, David Carr, Seth Wand, Todd Wade, Tony Banks, Dave Ragone, ect.

And yes I do lump Dayne in will all of these stellar players.
Dayne did more for the Texans than any player on that list, other than David Carr. Once again, there is no way the Texan's would have gone 8-8 last year without the contribution made by Ron Dayne.

Tony Banks made a few noteworthy contributions as well, although I think that Ron Dayne did more for the Texan's franchise by far than Banks. The rest of those guys got paid for their time with the team, and were largely just short-timers passing though as the Texan's tried to build themselves into a contender.

David Carr's career was broken over the bow of the Texans franchise like a bottle of champagne used to christen a ship. Once again, I do not see why we have to disrespect David Carr around here. He spent his NFL career trying to get the Texan's expansion franchise off of the ground. He is now a shell of the player he might of been had he been given the chance to play from the start of his career for an established franchise. David Carr was not inherently a bad quarterback. He just had the misfortune to play his first five years as the starting quarterback of the expansion franchise Houston Texans.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #66
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
David Carr's career was broken over the bow of the Texans franchise like a bottle of champagne used to christen a ship. Once again, I do not see why we have to disrespect David Carr around here. He spent his NFL career trying to get the Texan's expansion franchise off of the ground. He is now a shell of the player he might of been had he been given the chance to play from the start of his career for an established franchise. David Carr was not inherently a bad quarterback. He just had the misfortune to play his first five years as the starting quarterback of the expansion franchise Houston Texans.
I have to agree with you and I feel we are in the minority. The problem was that David Carr was the symbol of all that was wrong with the franchise. He stood for the blunders of Charlie C., he stood for a 23-52 record, and he stood for 27 fumbles and 65 picks. He stood for everything negative while he was here, and it's completely unfair to him. He never once complained, was durable even though he got hit about 30 times a game, and he tried his best to take this franchise as far as he could. It just wasn't good enough. I think the quarterback he is today is a product of 2 offensive coordinators and a patchwork offensive line with no answer at the left tackle position in his entire stay in Houston. Now, I admit, I occasionally take part in poking fun at David Carr, but I don't think he should take 33% of the blame from 2002-2006.
Old 08-11-2008   #67
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 124145 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Is the situation desparate enough to use the Travis Henry card?
Depends on how all the fertile women in Houston feel about that one?

Go to a game and get a baby - Not sure how that promotion would fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-11-2008   #68
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95426 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade a 3rd for LeDale White?

Kids a beast and the Titans seem to love their new guy
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #69
bollocks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
I have to agree with you and I feel we are in the minority. The problem was that David Carr was the symbol of all that was wrong with the franchise. He stood for the blunders of Charlie C., he stood for a 23-52 record, and he stood for 27 fumbles and 65 picks. He stood for everything negative while he was here, and it's completely unfair to him. He never once complained, was durable even though he got hit about 30 times a game, and he tried his best to take this franchise as far as he could. It just wasn't good enough. I think the quarterback he is today is a product of 2 offensive coordinators and a patchwork offensive line with no answer at the left tackle position in his entire stay in Houston. Now, I admit, I occasionally take part in poking fun at David Carr, but I don't think he should take 33% of the blame from 2002-2006.
Well said. Considering the circumstances, David Carr was an okay player. He was never a great player, in fact he was at times a sub-par player but, for the most part, David Carr was an all right player. He was the kind of quarterback that could dink and dunk, move on his feet, and (remarkably) could continue to get up from the endless beatings he took in the back field. Granted, I don't pin 100% of the sacks on the offensive line. Carr had (and still has) a problem with holding onto the ball longer than he should have. The core issue, in the end, was simply the fact that Carr lacked the ability to carry a team that was as sub-par as the 2002-2006 Houston Texans. He simply was not good enough. None-the-less, he tried valiantly to be a decent QB for our team and for that he should be commended.
Old 08-12-2008   #70
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 124145 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Trade a 3rd for LeDale White?

Kid has breast and the Titans seem to love their new guy
Why that be of any importance? =D

Seriously, Lendale is not my idea of Texan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read