Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-11-2008   #41
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I miss Ron Dayne

I can't believe people are saying that Dayne always falls forward and that Dayne always gets 3 yards no matter what.

Think about all the times last year when it was 3rd or 4th and 1 and Dayne got stuffed. THAT'S why Dayne isn't here any more.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #42
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dayne always gets 3 yards on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down; then, he gets none on 4th and 1.

How's that?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #43
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Please give me a break nobody misses fat & sorry Ron Dayne.
PHAROAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #44
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
Please give me a break nobody misses fat & sorry Ron Dayne.
Are you kidding me??? Ron "I never met a buffet I didn't like" Dayne was great fodder.
Old 08-11-2008   #45
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Everybody here should stop dissing Ron Dayne. He did a good job during his tenure here. No way the Texans would have gone 8-8 last year without Ron Dayne.

Why do we have to trash everyone who is no longer on the roster? Let's try and show a little respect for a change.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #46
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

I miss Charles Spencer (pre-injury) more then Ron Dayne. I think drafting a rookie LT in the first round had something to do with his released....
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #47
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
Everybody here should stop dissing Ron Dayne. He did a good job during his tenure here. No way the Texans would have gone 8-8 last year without Ron Dayne.

Why do we have to trash everyone who is no longer on the roster? Let's try and show a little respect for a change.
No need to go netnanny - everyone is entitled to their opinion. Our ineptness at RB made his stats seems good but what did he really do in his time with us and over his career? If he was any good he'd be fighting for a roster spot along with current cast of misfits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.

Last edited by PapaL; 08-11-2008 at 03:06 PM.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-11-2008   #48
stiff
Rookie

Quote:

Yes lets reserve that for those that deserve it like David "the gloves" Carr.
stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #49
texansin08
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I know this thread is about missing Ron Dayne, but just for grins, we should really be missing Domanick Davis. These are Texan records he still holds.

[
I agree, Domanick looked like he was going to be a top 10 running back in the league just a few short years ago. Times sure have changed.
texansin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #50
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Except for the two years Dominick Davis was in shape and running good, the Texans have always sucked at the running game. They still do right now, today. Hopefully Gibbs fixes that, but until he does and we see results on the field, the Texans suck at the running game just like they always have.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #51
bollocks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Not yet. At this point rather have a bunch of crappy RBs then a crappy backup QB. You can always fall into a decent a RB, by always I mean most every other team besides us - though DD did fill that billet for us.
After watching Saturday's game, I wouldn't quite call Shane Boyd a crappy back up. He definitely needs work, but the guy can play ball (hell, he currently leads all of our RBs in rushing yards). I have nothing but love for Sage Rosenfels, but he isn't getting any younger and if we are going to trade him for something worthwhile it needs to be done soon.
Old 08-11-2008   #52
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
Didn't think I'd ever in a million years say that. But after watching our inept running game last night, I had a little voice in my head (not to be confused with the other voices) that whispered........"Dayne Train".
Why, so he can end Duane Browns career by breaking his leg at the knee as well?
Big Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #53
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I'm so tierd of these crappy comments. What about blaming Kubiak for calling the play that got the big guy hurt?

Its called a cheap shot... not very classy...
Old 08-11-2008   #54
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Exactly. As we all know Ron Dayne measures success in the NFL by how many linemen he can cripple in the course of a season. His long history of breaking the legs of every LT that ever played in front of him bears this out right?

Oh wait, no it doesn't.
Old 08-11-2008   #55
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
I would not be surprised if Mike Bell was resigned. And Charles Spencer brought back for the practice squad after we cut Weary.
I was thinking the same thing.. What would be the quickest solution..bring Bell back and run his arse off until he got back in shape..or sign another rb and wait for him to learn the system?

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Old 08-11-2008   #56
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Is the situation desparate enough to use the Travis Henry card?
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #57
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

I certainly hope everyone did not think I was serious about bringing back the "Dayne Train". That being said, he did showup and have some decent games and filled in admirably for two years. He was never a frontline RB but as a 3rd down and goalline guy, he wasn't too bad.

My hat is off to that fat bastard and I'd take him anyday over "Mr. Mittens".
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #58
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I suppose you also miss Stacy Mack, Allen, Wells, Matt Stevens, Corey Bradford, Ryan Young, Demingo Grahm, Victor Riley, David Carr, Seth Wand, Todd Wade, Tony Banks, Dave Ragone, ect.

And yes I do lump Dayne in will all of these stellar players.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #59
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll never dog Ron Dayne. We would be 0-12 against the Colts if it wasn't for his 153 yards rushing and 2 TDs on December 24, 2006.
Old 08-11-2008   #60
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I'm so tierd of these crappy comments. What about blaming Kubiak for calling the play that got the big guy hurt?

Its called a cheap shot... not very classy...
You can tell its football season again when the "Its not classy" comments start to come out.

I say it every year so this year should not be different, you want class, go watch golf. This sport is only for gladiators and warriors and not for the faint of heart.

And for the record not only did he end Spencer's career but he also ran of the back of Salaam the same day. Only Salaam played through his injury all year.

Even the buffet people wanted him gone. They see him and say, "Oh no! You be here four hour, you eat to much! Time for you to go home."

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read