Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-10-2008   #21
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dead Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Ahman will be fine, imo. He felt a tweak in his groin, same as AJ. Both of them have a history of knee problems. Lets give them a chance. Its not like we have a better RB
Green has never gotten through one game as a Texan. This is year two and he went down before contact on his first carry...I wouldn't equate that to AJ.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #22
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
thats really stupid..
he works really hard in the off-season but doesnt feel like playing 15 snaps? and the last thing he'd want to do after last season was 'fake' an injury.. this isnt robaore smith we're talking about here

do these 'experts' ever think something through before opening their traps?
Andre Ware and expert should never be used in the same sentence, breath, or thought.
Old 08-10-2008   #23
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steroids View Post
Are you really going to sit here and post on the internet that a heisman winning qb doesn't know what they are talking about with football?

Pony up your heisman, or college football national championship, all pro season, or super bowl ring. Until then, shut your mouth and find some respect.
its like saying that you cannot have an opinion if your food isn't any good since you aren't a Chef, or you can't give an opinion about a car if you are not a mechanic. Everyone can bring an opinion, but to discredit Andre simply because he wasn't a great NFL QB is weak...hell, most coaches were below average players.

Old 08-10-2008   #24
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

ahman green is officially a joke to me now.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #25
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are you really going to sit here and post on the internet that a heisman winning qb doesn't know what they are talking about with football?

Pony up your heisman, or college football national championship, all pro season, or super bowl ring. Until then, shut your mouth and find some respect.
Danny Wuerffel won a Heisman in '96 should we consider him an expert too?
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #26
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I hit send too early if you read my adjusted post...we agree really.

Old 08-10-2008   #27
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Danny Wuerffel won a Heisman in '96 should we consider him an expert too?
The best coaches aren't always the best players. On that same token the best players aren't always all that great at coaching.

It goes the same in every sport i've ever followed.
Old 08-10-2008   #28
pittbull3
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 pittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden cover

This thread is hilarious, with hilarious takes...Taylor did as much as he can do behind horrible run blocking by unit #1. Greenwood, just like many other players in he eague, and game one, took a horrible angle. Like many of you haven't made the wrong decision at your respective jobs....No one has fired you yet, or should they. Faggins played adequate and did make some nice open field tackles. It's game one folks.....Get it together.
pittbull3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #29
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would tend to think he has a better grasp of the real ins and outs of football than every single person on this board (maybe minus 1 or 2 people who have qualifications that I know nothing about)...
I guess my point is this: you can respect a person's accomplishments and game knowledge but if they don't verbally translate it well... they can be a great expert but a not so good broadcaster. See Emmitt.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #30
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
its like saying that you cannot have an opinion if your food isn't any good since you aren't a Chef, or you can't give an opinion about a car if you are not a mechanic. Everyone can bring an opinion, but to discredit Andre simply because he wasn't a great NFL QB is weak...hell, most coaches were below average players.
Quote:
Not at all actually Vinny. Your sentiment would be true if I said he couldn't have an opinion in general. I'm saying that his post had no opinion other than a slam to Andre Ware. And simply put, its uncalled for and shows a complete lack of respect for people who have earned the right to have a microphone put infront of them regarding a sport where they have been dominant.
I guess you have never listened to Andre on the radio. I went to UofH and liked what he did there, but to hear him on the radio he goes off and says some really silly stuff that no coach or hell, most educated fans would. It is not discrediting anyone cause they could not play the pros very well it is the fact I have heard him, there were several threads about it last year. Including one incidint where he was talking about different sacks and said a zone blitz or satey blitzes were not really blitzes, or to something to that effect. He got mad because no one would agree with him, his partner and every caller called in said he did not know what he was talking about. Just because he won a heisman in a run and shoot offense does not mean anything, cause he proved in the NFL he could read a defense as well as David carr.

Emmitt Smith earned the right to have a microphone infront of him and if you heard him last year you would be scratching your head as to wondering what the hell he ment. Playing the game and able to make the transition from playing to talking about it are two different things.

One should not assume why I made a comment, if you do not know why not just ask for clarification. It would be far wiser than assuming.

Last edited by Specnatz; 08-10-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #31
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I guess my point is this: you can respect a person's accomplishments and game knowledge but if they don't verbally translate it well... they can be a great expert but a not so good broadcaster. See Emmitt.
You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a former pro athlete who's now doing analysis somewhere. Some are fantastic, some are just awful, and most (Andre being among them IMO) are somewhere in the middle. None of them are above comment or criticism.

In this case, the comment that Green took a dive in order to get out of playing anymore in the 1st preseason game (if that is in fact what Andre was insinuating) should be highly questioned. I don't think that anyone on this board (particularly those validly questioning Ahman's durability) had the thought run through their mind "He's probably faking it" as Green lay on the ground clutching his leg/groin. First hand experience or not, it wasn't a responsible comment for Andre to make (again - if it is in fact what he said).
Old 08-10-2008   #32
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Speaking of dead cats, did anyone else catch Casserly as the color analyst during the Steelers - Eagles the other night? It's like listening to a cross between a 1930's gangster and Ted Kennedy call a game.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #33
Chicagotexan1
Hall of Fame

Location: In a van down by the river next to another van down by the river
Rep Power: 52 Chicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Green is done. I'd keep him for the league minimum since that's all he can give. I didn't notive Weaver last night, but I haven't noticed him in 2 years. Faggins is a 4th corner, that's all he'll ever be.

On Andre Ware - He's tough to listen to. I love what he did at UofH, but he stinks on the radio as a personality and as an analyst for the Texans. He simply repeats what the previous comments were, but in diffrent order. It's like his whole schtick is to use the Jedi mind trick. I don't know how he has a job, but then again I don't know how Jim Rome can be so popular.
Old 08-11-2008   #34
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Faggins didn't seem like dead weight tonight. He got beat sometimes but he also made his share of plays. It wasn't like Greenwood getting beaten around the corner by a qb.
Ouch !...They got five weeks to get Adibi on line. If you get a chance to watch the Titans-Rams....we got no one who can cover Johnson. No one. And they got a three man rotation now at DE. Jacob Ford is going to be a monster. He crushed Barron on one bull rush. The guy has arms like telephone poles.

http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0025591

Last edited by threetoedpete; 08-11-2008 at 11:31 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #35
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull3 View Post
This thread is hilarious, with hilarious takes...Taylor did as much as he can do behind horrible run blocking by unit #1. Greenwood, just like many other players in he league, and game one, took a horrible angle. Like many of you haven't made the wrong decision at your respective jobs....No one has fired you yet, or should they. Faggins played adequate and did make some nice open field tackles. It's game one folks.....Get it together.
Greenwood is a marginal athlete. If they go to war with him at the "Will" September 21 vs the tacks...we will get smoked and smoked badly. Greenwood will be the match up Hiemindinger will be looking for.
Old 08-11-2008   #36
SouthSideTexan
HATER!!!!!

Section: 319 Row L
Rep Power: 400 SouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
AhMonI'm-Injured-Again Green is a waste of a roster spot. Screw it, let him go and do the best with what we have left.
I totally agree ..... If he's getting hurt without even getting hit..I believe it's time to bite the bullet and kick him to the curb. We could open another roster spot for someone who can contribute. I wonder if Cedric Benson is still available????
Old 08-11-2008   #37
Polo

I'm really thinking the Texans should get rid of Weaver...

If not he's gonna take a roster spot away from a young d-lineman prospect...
Old 08-11-2008   #38
Toro59
Rookie

It's a little early to predict, but I see Weaver gone. I'm not giving up on Green just yet. Unless, of course, someone better becomes available.
Toro59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #39
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

I think, but I'm not in the room and you all could well be right, everything they've done this off season points to protecting Weaver...not cutting him. Isn't he in the last year of his contract ? He's a 3-4 end stuck on a 4-3 defense. Unless someone ,a 3-4 team in dire straights, calls up Smith for a trade, Weaver's not going any where.
Old 08-11-2008   #40
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

*cough* CC sucks *cough*

Please get Earl or Barber in there.

Barber actually looked pretty good last night, beside getting burned by the tight end on that one play. I gave him alot of heat when we drafted him, but the pick is looking pretty decent so far.

Last edited by J-Russ; 08-11-2008 at 02:58 PM.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read