Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

dwight freeney/ wand

utahmark

markbeth
dwight freeney is making ogden(a pro bowler) look pretty bad. that makes me feel a little better about wand. wand has looked very bad against freeney but the rest of the time he has looked decent. maybe he can become our answer at left tackle.

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
Seth Wand should feel better about Seth Wand, and I hope Seth is watching the game.

That Freeney is a freak!

Yeah, if jon ogden can't handle him 1 on 1, not may can. They left seth all alone with freeney in that game, I actually thought his performance was good. He's just not the kinda guy who can lock down someone like dwight

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
I had the same thought watching Freeny tonight. Overall, though the OL has been inconsistent throughout the year or even within games. the OLs first half and the 4th quarter today were acceptable to good but the 3rd quarter disaster would have cost the texans against a good football team.

AndreJ

Rookie
I watched the 1st half, and Odgen was doing a great job on Freeney with the exception of that one sack and i dont think that was even his fault, i think todd heap was suppose to block him.

Did I miss something in the beginning of the third, i just started watching again right before peyton scored.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
I'm really glad to hear that--and I'm sure that Wand has some feelings about himself, lol.

AndreJ

Rookie
Freeny lines up so far away from the O-Line, no wonder noone can block him O-Lineman can't back up far enough.

AcresHomesTexan

Staff member
AndreJ said:
Freeny lines up so far away from the O-Line, no wonder noone can block him O-Lineman can't back up far enough.
He is not the only one with that wide stance. For lesser rushers the better LTs just push them off their routes, but Freeny is strong enough to keep his balance and stay his course to the QB.

TEXANS84

Staff member
Yeah...Ogden is getting owned by Freeney. Makes you feel just a tad bit better about Wand. Although...Spears had a good game today. And it was nice to see Washington in the mix for a change.

AndreJ

Rookie
It's hot to be because of his speed. With him lining up that far out their is not an O-Lineman in the league fast enough to get out there and block him since they have to stay up on the line.

kbourda

Veteran
Freeney is not "owning" Ogden. It's more like the other way around. What game are you guys watching? Do you guys call one sack a dominating performance?

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
ArlingtonTexan said:
He is not the only one with that wide stance. For lesser rushers the better LTs just push them off their routes, but Freeny is strong enough to keep his balance and stay his course to the QB.
I remember a couple of years ago when everyone was saying the Colts reached when they took him in the 1st round. All the draft gurus had him a 2nd rounder at best.

It makes me ill to even think about what Freeney could do as an outside LB in a 3-4 defense. eek:

AndreJ

Rookie
kbourda said:
Freeney is not "owning" Ogden. It's more like the other way around. What game are you guys watching? Do you guys call one sack a dominating performance?
Yeah i couldn't figure that one out either :hmmm:

Vinny

shiny happy fan
Freeney is causing all kinds of protection problems. You cannot just look at a stat line to see who is affecting a given play.

AndreJ

Rookie
Vinny said:
Freeney is causing all kinds of protection problems. You cannot just look at a stat line to see who is effecting a given play.
I'm not looking at just one stat and saying that he's not affecting the pass protection, but he isn't embarrasing J. Ogden either odgen has had his fair share of punishing Freeney into the ground this game.

football is about more than stats.

this is jon ogden, the man who can pancake defenders in his sleep, and dwight is constantly pushing him all the way back to the QB. If you watch the game, you'll know why it's such a dominating performance

AcresHomesTexan

Staff member
kbourda said:
That's why Ogden was stumping around the sidelines looking for some answers. :taz:

wags

Veteran
TEXANS84 said:
Just curious...but what do you have against Washington?
Personally.... nothing

Washington was terrible today. You can't sugarcoat his performance. Losing Weigert is going to hurt.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
Washington has lead-feet. He is a solid run blocker when his man is in front of him but he is not too good in space, the second level or in pass pass protections.

RTP2110

All Pro
This is getting out of control. Freeney is making Ogden look like a rookie. Ogden is holding on every play.

kbourda said:
no, I call the collective game by freeney a dominating performance!

Fiddy

All Pro
Youngstown Colt said:
no, I call the collective game by freeney a dominating performance!
Thats for sure. Ogden got HELP. The best LT in the game needed HELP. I feel good about Wand all the sudden...

S

SESupergenius

Freeney was all over the QB tonight. Ogden was pushed back, spun on and faked on many plays. Boller had to rush a few of his throws because of Ogden not containing Freeney. I must say after watching this tonight I need to give Wand some more credit. Wand didn't play as bad as this.

nunusguy

Hall of Fame
Ogden was Freeney's Daddy - but only early in the game. As the game progressed the tables were being turned and Freeney was really doing a
number on Ogden - on the field and in the big guys head. They showed the
Ravens O walking off the field after each series and Ogden had a very perplexed, confused expression on his face. Like a little kid who had his Christmas stocking stuffed with coal. Yea I hope Wand sees this and finds out that one of the best can also get embarassed by Freeney.

kbourda

Veteran
What is this Freeney's Fan Base or what? If you guys want to put Wand in Ogden's class ok, whatever makes you people happy. So is it cool for me to say Babin and Wong get a ton of pressure as well enough for me to compare them to Greene and Lloyd? Let's get real. I like the Texans as much as the next guy but I would never compare Wand to Ogden or even draw conclusions to that.

Fiddy

All Pro
kbourda said:
What is this Freeney's Fan Base or what? If you guys want to put Wand in Ogden's class ok, whatever makes you people happy. So is it cool for me to say Babin and Wong get a ton of pressure as well enough for me to compare them to Greene and Lloyd? Let's get real. I like the Texans as much as the next guy but I would never compare Wand to Ogden or even draw conclusions to that.
We arent putting Ogden and Wand in the same class, we are just glad to see that Freeney didnt blow up Wand because Wand was bad but Freeney blew up Wand because Freeney is that good...