Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2004   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Capers vague, evasive re injury to Carr

If you're listening to 610 right now, Capers has been asked a couple of times
if Carr has an injury to his throwing arm, and Capers has not point blank said: "no, Dave's arm is fine". Instead, he says stuff like "Dave looks OK in practice". What does that mean ? Coach, you should know if you're QB is injured or not. Maybe its me. Or maybe Capers parses his words too much.
Or maybe Carr has a problem with his arm.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Keep us posted on the rest nunu....for us at work still.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If he's hurt, he needs to ride the bench. We're not exactly going to the SB this year, anyway. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to have better draft picks.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #4
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

His arm is obviously not the same. Look at some of the passes he lobbed up against NY. Against Indy he didn't even attempt a pass downfield. That boy ain't right.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #5
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
If you're listening to 610 right now, Capers has been asked a couple of times if Carr has an injury to his throwing arm, and Capers has not point blank said: "no, Dave's arm is fine". Instead, he says stuff like "Dave looks OK in practice". What does that mean ? Coach, you should know if you're QB is injured or not. Maybe its me. Or maybe Capers parses his words too much.
Or maybe Carr has a problem with his arm.
I was listening also. He definitely did not answer the question head on.
He almost started to say something, stopped, and rethought his reply. He talked in circles, gave a long elaborate answer as usual, but chose to evade the question. Not too surprising, as pc answers are all we will ever get.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard the Capers show. Dom didn't sound evasive to me in regard to Carr. He was his usual polite self.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

You must have missed the 40 yard bazooka that Carr threw incomplete to AJ in the endzone on the first drive at 9:37 of the 1st qtr.

As far as the other two floaters, they appeared to be "run under" balls to AJ. On the one that Carr appeared to severely underthrow, Carr said he actually thought he overthrew AJ on the ball but the wind was swirling from several different directions and knocked it down.

I heard Coach say that "I don't see that there's anything wrong with David's arm" so that works for me until he appears on the injury report. Speaking of which -- there's some kind of rule where you can be penalized for withholding injury so it wouldn't be in any team's best interest to do that. I'm foggy on the details of that rule but I will try to find out more.

At this point I believe we aren't seeing deep balls as much because of the game planning and not a sore armed QB. That's another issue that I won't get into here.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2004   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Capers said on the radio that he's been watching David throw in practice, and he doesn't see anything wrong. Maybe it's just us wanting to see something wrong?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

This is so halarious.

You guys/gals can't even agree as to whether Capers is being vague, evasive or not.
Old 12-13-2004   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Capers said on the radio that he's been watching David throw in practice, and he doesn't see anything wrong.
That's sounds like something that you or I would say if we were admitted
to practice on a visitors pass and observed Carr working out from a distance.
Capers is the head coach, you know, like one heart beat away from the QB.
The most important arm or leg on the team is the right arm of his starting
QB. Capers has a strange way of comforting concerned fans.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #11
pek281
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 pek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden cover

I heard Capers as well on my commute home from the office.

The question asked was about all the talk about Carr's beginning to start throwing with a side-arm motion. Capers responded that his throwing motion has been unchanged in practice.

My take on it is that there is no intense defensive pressure in practice, while in real game-time situations, he must get the pass off before he even has time to taker his three-step dropback.
pek281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #12
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally I am thrilled that they are reporting no injury, but in truth, his throwing has NOT looked very good for several weeks. Lots of things can cause that and I hope they get to the bottom of it.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
This is so halarious.

You guys/gals can't even agree as to whether Capers is being vague, evasive or not.
He's being vaguely evasive, and he's doing it in a very misleading fashion if you ask me!
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

I think some of you conspiracy theorists should remember that Capers is a football coach, not some politician who's running for mayor.

Like someone said earlier, why would Capers hide it if Carr was injured?
Old 12-15-2004   #15
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Well, on SportsRadio610 this morning Lance said that he got a call from a person (it wasnt a caller, an acutual source close to the NFL) he knows who asked him "What's up with Carr shoulder?" Lance said he was surprised to hear that Carr was injured but the guy said that word around the NFL is that Carr injured his shoulder a couple of weeks ago...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #16
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Like Lance is an authority about "whispers around the NFL" (his words). Yeahhhrrright.
Old 12-15-2004   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe the NFL has a rule about reporting injuries...in other words you can be fined for not reporting them.

I don't think the Texans would risk that.

My guess is David is maybe trying too hard and making mistakes that way.

I know last week in the first part of the game the Colts were right on top of him when he got the snap. The O line had a bad game.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I believe the NFL has a rule about reporting injuries...in other words you can be fined for not reporting them.
I believe, but have a hard source yet, that the mandatory reporting only kicks in once a player starts missing practice time--possibly even specific parts of practice like 11 on 11 drills.

This
article touches on the subject.
Old 12-19-2004   #19
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Like Lance is an authority about "whispers around the NFL" (his words). Yeahhhrrright.
Well, saying his name is Lance Zierlein and the offensive line coach for the Browns is Larry Zierlein, Lance may have connections. But then again, there must be a lot of Zierlein's running around the place...

Quote:
Larry Zierlein - offensive line; born July 12, 1945, Lenora, Kan. Attended Fort Hays (Kan.) State College. No college or pro playing experience. College coach: Fort Hays (Kan.) State College 1970-71, Houston 1978-1986, Tulane 1988-1990, 1995-96, Louisiana State 1993-94, Cincinnati 1997-2000. Pro coach: Washington Commandos (Arena League) 1987, New York/New Jersey Knights (WLAF) 1991-92, joined Browns in 2001.
http://www.nfl.com/teams/coaching/CLE

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #20
aj.
Hall of Fame

Like most SportsRadio610 listeners, I'm painfully aware of who his dad is.

So let me get this straight. Capers says nothing is wrong with David's arm, Casserly says nothing is wrong with David's arm, and David says nothing is wrong with David's arm. But the conspiracy/cover up theorists are still believing there is because of some unsubstantiated insider whispers suggested by a morning drive time guy? Knock your lights out. Lance is a nice guy but in all my years of listening to him, I haven't heard any Berman or even McClain-like scoops out of him yet, even with his "connection." Believe it or not, and as odd as it seems, I think Granato has better insight into what's going on with the Texans because he's traveling with them every week and working the sidelines.

Last edited by aj.; 12-20-2004 at 06:20 AM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read