Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carr's Outburst!

TheTim5125

Waterboy
It was a good thing to see. The O-line play has been ridiculously bad for the past few weeks. They really need to step it up and get our record to 8-8.

TheTim5125 said:
It was a good thing to see. The O-line play has been ridiculously bad for the past few weeks. They really need to step it up and get our record to 8-8.

I agree with you totally on the outburst. I don't know about 8-8, though. Winning in Jax is gonna be tough right now, but they could do it. I'm not gonna be too upset if they lose that game, though.

It took a little time, and a few sacks - but maybe we have signs of our on the field team leader emerging that was so sought for earlier...

If I remember right, he got sacked AGAIN and got up and spiked the ball and then yelled something in the direction of the linemen. Actually, it was sort of while he was spiking the ball. They did better after that, lol.

I think i said this in another thread, but i like how they got their act together after his outburst. You didn't see anyone busting through the line after that.

RTP2110 said:
I missed the 2nd half of the game, what was this outburst???

The Texans were pushed up against their goal line, hiked the ball and then ran for his life in the end zone from the rush up the middle. Ended up a safety. He was on the sideline, spiking the ball and yelling at his line "COME ON"!!! Was pretty much all that could be lip-read.

Not sure if more was said on the bench.

AndreJ said:
I think i said this in another thread, but i like how they got their act together after his outburst. You didn't see anyone busting through the line after that.

Note also that later in the game he was going to each of his line-up, shaking their hands and congradulating them on the game. The "make-up" at the end of the game was as important as the chewing tail in the middle of the third quarter.

A4toZ said:
The Texans were pushed up against their goal line, hiked the ball and then ran for his life in the end zone from the rush up the middle. Ended up a safety. He was on the sideline, spiking the ball and yelling at his line "COME ON"!!! Was pretty much all that could be lip-read.

Not sure if more was said on the bench.

Carr was quite animated in the huddle when they got the ball back, I thought also.

You see that is the same thing I said on another thread. Sometimes you have to chew some *** inorder to get the max potential out of your guys. Carr has to be a field General and an emotional leader for the line to step it up. I chew *** on a daily basis, but my guys know that it is only for motivational purposes, and thats what it does to them and they don't have thin skin. GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!
God!
Family!
Country!
Texans!

After the ten o clock news in the channel 13 show with Bob Allen.. Casserley said Carr was upset because it was a busted play. Not sure what that meant, that the line was busted or that another player did not do what Carr expected of him.

cac :coffee:

Missed the game today, but caught the highlights. Impressive win in the COLD weather up there. It seemd slow though. And I hate that they were so deep in their territory twice that one of the possessions cost them 2 points. Good to see that fire from Carr, though. O-line has gotta protect him better to give him the time to get throw that ball. Speaking of throwing it seemed like there was more of that going on today. MORE PASS PLAYS, MORE PASS PLAYS, MORE PASS PLAYS!!!!!

RTP2110 said:
I missed the 2nd half of the game, what was this outburst???

carr hiked the ball and had to roll out to his right because he had no protection. he ran about seven yards back and instead of throwing the ball out of bounds, he decided to just run out of bounds. he spiked the ball and starting yelling "come on" at the line men. the safty came on the drive before that, maybe the worst drive in the history of the nfl: 1) illegal touching 2)delay of game 3)timeout 4)dropped pass 5)intentional grounding in the endzone for a safty, that was terrible.

I am glad to see we won the game though. The OL better be ready for the Jags though. They are as tough as the Bears DL and in the hunt for a playoff spot. I knew this would be a tough game when I saw it on the schedule.

I didn't get to see the game, but I am SOOOOOO glad this happened. Too many times we would see Carr get hammered and he would get up and nonchalantly go to the huddle and call the next play.. If a lineman was next to him, I wouldn't see them help him off of the ground.. Yet I see our defense help the opposing offensive player off the ground

Maybe a leader emerged out of this.

Domanick Davis should show some emotion too....emotion is much needed on this team. It does them good.

Another example of a guy that shows emotion and goes in like the Incredible Haulk is Antowain Peek.....love the passion he puts in his game!! :thumbup

SBTexans08 said:
Another example of a guy that shows emotion and goes in like the Incredible Haulk is Antowain Peek.....love the passion he puts in his game!! :thumbup

I like Peek's emotion, but he has to tone it down and focus it between the whistles. He is going to get flagged for multiple personal fouls as he keeps on getting in fights on almost every special teams play, etc.

Loved seeing Carr bone up on the OL. I have never been one to give Carr much credit for getting sacked 76 times his first year, but that is his currency with the OL--it is time for him to tell them I put up with you guys trying to pull things together, it is time to stop trying and start performing. The OL played decidedly better after his outburst.

TexansCanes said:
...maybe the worst drive in the history of the nfl: 1) illegal touching 2)delay of game 3)timeout 4)dropped pass 5)intentional grounding in the endzone for a safty, that was terrible.

Nahhh. I think that 2nd half drive, Texans @ Jets, where we went backwards like 40 yards in three plays qualifies for Worst Drive in NFL History

Just my opinion. :)

Peek is the personification of passion. I see that guy get on everybody's case. It wouldn't suprise me if he got into it with a ball boy from an opposing team.

TexansCanes said:
......... maybe the worst drive in the history of the nfl: 1) illegal touching 2)delay of game 3)timeout 4)dropped pass 5)intentional grounding in the endzone for a safty, that was terrible.

Stop stealing lines! I believe Bill Walton has the patent on that saying. *lol*

Nahhh. I think that 2nd half drive, Texans @ Jets, where we went backwards like 40 yards in three plays qualifies for Worst Drive in NFL History

i didn't get to see that game so maybe you're right

TexansCanes said:
i didn't get to see that game so maybe you're right

Shame, you missed an all time classic. I swear they were moving back so "efficiently" that it almost looked intentional. If they could go forward that fast on a regular basis we'd be playing for a first round bye right now.

Back