Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2004   #1
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125
Default Carr's Outburst!

It was a good thing to see. The O-line play has been ridiculously bad for the past few weeks. They really need to step it up and get our record to 8-8.
Old 12-19-2004   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTim5125
It was a good thing to see. The O-line play has been ridiculously bad for the past few weeks. They really need to step it up and get our record to 8-8.
I agree with you totally on the outburst. I don't know about 8-8, though. Winning in Jax is gonna be tough right now, but they could do it. I'm not gonna be too upset if they lose that game, though.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

It took a little time, and a few sacks - but maybe we have signs of our on the field team leader emerging that was so sought for earlier...
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #4
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I missed the 2nd half of the game, what was this outburst???
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I remember right, he got sacked AGAIN and got up and spiked the ball and then yelled something in the direction of the linemen. Actually, it was sort of while he was spiking the ball. They did better after that, lol.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #6
AndreJ
All Pro

I think i said this in another thread, but i like how they got their act together after his outburst. You didn't see anyone busting through the line after that.
Old 12-19-2004   #7
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
The Texans were pushed up against their goal line, hiked the ball and then ran for his life in the end zone from the rush up the middle. Ended up a safety. He was on the sideline, spiking the ball and yelling at his line "COME ON"!!! Was pretty much all that could be lip-read.

Not sure if more was said on the bench.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2004   #8
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
I think i said this in another thread, but i like how they got their act together after his outburst. You didn't see anyone busting through the line after that.
Note also that later in the game he was going to each of his line-up, shaking their hands and congradulating them on the game. The "make-up" at the end of the game was as important as the chewing tail in the middle of the third quarter.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
The Texans were pushed up against their goal line, hiked the ball and then ran for his life in the end zone from the rush up the middle. Ended up a safety. He was on the sideline, spiking the ball and yelling at his line "COME ON"!!! Was pretty much all that could be lip-read.

Not sure if more was said on the bench.
Carr was quite animated in the huddle when they got the ball back, I thought also.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #10
big sarge
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 big sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbig sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

You see that is the same thing I said on another thread. Sometimes you have to chew some *** inorder to get the max potential out of your guys. Carr has to be a field General and an emotional leader for the line to step it up. I chew *** on a daily basis, but my guys know that it is only for motivational purposes, and thats what it does to them and they don't have thin skin. GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!
God!
Family!
Country!
Texans!
big sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #11
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

After the ten o clock news in the channel 13 show with Bob Allen.. Casserley said Carr was upset because it was a busted play. Not sure what that meant, that the line was busted or that another player did not do what Carr expected of him.

cac
Old 12-19-2004   #12
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

hes had the same kind of outbursts before. maybe johnson should have a little outburst as well???????
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #13
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

that outburst was kinda more to himself. he should get in palmers face and give him the keyshawn catch-phrase
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #14
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Missed the game today, but caught the highlights. Impressive win in the COLD weather up there. It seemd slow though. And I hate that they were so deep in their territory twice that one of the possessions cost them 2 points. Good to see that fire from Carr, though. O-line has gotta protect him better to give him the time to get throw that ball. Speaking of throwing it seemed like there was more of that going on today. MORE PASS PLAYS, MORE PASS PLAYS, MORE PASS PLAYS!!!!!
HoustonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #15
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
carr hiked the ball and had to roll out to his right because he had no protection. he ran about seven yards back and instead of throwing the ball out of bounds, he decided to just run out of bounds. he spiked the ball and starting yelling "come on" at the line men. the safty came on the drive before that, maybe the worst drive in the history of the nfl: 1) illegal touching 2)delay of game 3)timeout 4)dropped pass 5)intentional grounding in the endzone for a safty, that was terrible.
Old 12-20-2004   #16
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I am glad to see we won the game though. The OL better be ready for the Jags though. They are as tough as the Bears DL and in the hunt for a playoff spot. I knew this would be a tough game when I saw it on the schedule.
Old 12-20-2004   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't get to see the game, but I am SOOOOOO glad this happened. Too many times we would see Carr get hammered and he would get up and nonchalantly go to the huddle and call the next play.. If a lineman was next to him, I wouldn't see them help him off of the ground.. Yet I see our defense help the opposing offensive player off the ground

Maybe a leader emerged out of this.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #18
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I clearly heard him yell, "Come On!"

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #19
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Domanick Davis should show some emotion too....emotion is much needed on this team. It does them good.

Another example of a guy that shows emotion and goes in like the Incredible Haulk is Antowain Peek.....love the passion he puts in his game!!

Last edited by SBTexans08; 12-20-2004 at 11:33 AM.
SBTexans08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #20
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember Earl Campbell? He never showed emotion. But damn he was good.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read