Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-09-2008   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default No Tailgating Without a Ticket?

Rut roh.

I don't know if this applies to Texans games....

NFL Wants to Tell You to Have a Ticket If You Wanna Tailgate

I've don't tailgate without a ticket, but I know a lot of people do. You'd think they would give more notice of this sort of thing.
Old 08-09-2008   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Re: No Tailgating Without a Ticket?

Eh - it notes certain parking lots.... or it may be the end of seeing RV's come in. I'd like to see that enforced anyway. The attendants have enough fun trying to direct traffic.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I was gonna meet some people and distribute some tickets at one of the tailgates or at least up by the stadium entrances. I wonder if I need to scrap that plan now? Thanks for the short notice NFL...that was sweet.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #4
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Why don't they boot the freaking troublemakers????????????????????????

I'm getting a little tired of Nancy Goodell

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

What are they gonna do? Check everyone in every car that comes in? I know a lot of people who have tickets to the game, but, haul in friends who don't. They hang out at the tailgate during the game. They intend to run these good fans off?? I have a few choice words for Nancy Goodall and his insane BS!!! Of course, this applys to HONEST, good fans who just don't have a ticket to get in. NOT the A-Hs who want to vandalize cars, steal stuff, and just cause trouble. Seems to me that it would be better having some good fans out there protecting the tailgating area's. Not so sure the jerks would be as daring if fans were hanging around. JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this idea sucks, police the parking lots for a-holes all you want, but don't kick out fans that don't have tickest that are there to have fun and support their team. Un-freaking-believable.
Old 08-09-2008   #7
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I would go from the assumption that this doesn't currently apply.

It is in none of the Texans rules:

http://www.houstontexans.com/fanzone...Procedures.asp
Old 08-09-2008   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully it will not apply to Reliant Park at all if this ends up getting pushed through.
Old 08-09-2008   #9
KEYE SUX
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 KEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVPKEYE SUX was voted MVP

Does this mean a ticket to the game or a "ticket" such as a parking pass? Most newer stadiums plan parking to handle the tailgating experience. Although the team may not be making $$$ on the ticket sales and $10 beer, the folks that watch the game in the lots are usually loaded with team merchandise and gear. It seems to me that this is just an easy way of having an excuse to kick out "unwanted" people. It is now written as policy so that if someone gets out of hand security can enforce them to leave.
KEYE SUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #10
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

It is a non issue...don't worry about it. No enforcement today.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #11
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
It is a non issue...don't worry about it. No enforcement today.
That isn't true.

Just because there was no enforcement yesterday doesn't mean there won't be enforcement in the future.

It will always be an issue as long as it is part of the policy, because then there may be selecive enforcement, and that is never good.
Old 09-09-2009   #12
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Eh - it notes certain parking lots.... or it may be the end of seeing RV's come in. I'd like to see that enforced anyway. The attendants have enough fun trying to direct traffic.

The RV is a little showy anyway, but hey, some folks gotta show what they got any at expense.
Old 09-09-2009   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Rut roh.

I don't know if this applies to Texans games....

NFL Wants to Tell You to Have a Ticket If You Wanna Tailgate

I've don't tailgate without a ticket, but I know a lot of people do. You'd think they would give more notice of this sort of thing.
Rut roh is right!! From your link:

Quote:
What is the next step in this ... Breathalyzers at the gate? A blood test to check your blood-alcohol level?

*eats altoids*

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 09-09-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #14
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Here comes the ole' sneak into the drive through/hidden people in trunk!
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #15
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

What if the person at the game and a ticket has the keys to the vehicle? They're going to walk everyone out? or If my ride has doesn't have at ticket?
Old 09-09-2009   #16
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I would guess that they will use this as a tool to eject problem people. Mind your own bitness and be nice and I doubt you'll get hit up.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
I would guess that they will use this as a tool to eject problem people. Mind your own bitness and be nice and I doubt you'll get hit up.
Are we talking about the same "yellow coats" here?? Like the lady who tried to tear all 10 parking stubbs, at the same time, out of my booklet for just game "A"??? Yeah, she was well trained.
Old 09-09-2009   #18
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Are we talking about the same "yellow coats" here?? Like the lady who tried to tear all 10 parking stubbs, at the same time, out of my booklet for just game "A"??? Yeah, she was well trained.
No, she just didn't want you coming back....
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
No, she just didn't want you coming back....
Don't you have a Westheimer street festival to attend?? P:
Old 09-09-2009   #20
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lotsa luck on enforcing this policy at Reliant. Tickets and Parking are handled separately (and dif. lines on the bill) - they are legally two different entities.

Until / unless the NFL mandates that tickets and parking MUST be bundled together, I can't see how this passes legal muster. As THIS seasons tickets and parking passes have already been distributed, I don't see this as enforceable.

ex. - The NFL pushes Stub Hub, which, (as of this moment) allows you to buy parking as a standalone purchase..is the NFL prepared to offer cash refunds (including fees) to these buyers?

Unless that lot is already inside a "secured zone" (a la airports) w/ field access, I just can't see it as remotely feasible.

Last edited by disaacks3; 09-09-2009 at 12:56 PM.
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read