Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-12-2008   #1
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Aints Fans Talkn Trash

Ok last week i told y'all how some of the pony fans were bringin the smack.. well now the NOLA Aints are bringing their weak mess.. I thought i would share this quote from one exceptionally delusional fan.

Quote:
the saints would have to lose the whole starting line and drew brees for the texans to be anywhere close to the saints!
i love how a team that took 29 years to make it to the playoffs thinks they can talk trash.. seein as how we schooled them last time we met.
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Aints Fans Talkn Trash

Quote:
the saints would have to lose the whole starting line and drew brees for the texans to be anywhere close to the saints!
Can you say, "23-10"?

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=3919
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Funny how a year removed they forget.

Anyways, to talk trash for a preseason game is ridiculous anyways.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLoveTexans View Post
Ok last week i told y'all how some of the pony fans were bringin the smack.. well now the NOLA Aints are bringing their weak mess.. I thought i would share this quote from one exceptionally delusional fan.

i love how a team that took 29 years to make it to the playoffs thinks they can talk trash.. seein as how we schooled them last time we met.
Could you provide a link to which message board you are getting these from??
Old 08-12-2008   #5
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post

I agree.. but the nfl fan facebook application sets it up to where fans from opposing teams can discuss football.. sadly it turns into a smack off.. i simply provide quotes from the opposition to show everyone else how delusional some of these fans are... for example

Quote:
the texans sucked 60 years ago and they still suck now. well march down and sub just like last week.

Last edited by MeLoveTexans; 08-12-2008 at 03:53 PM.
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Have they mentioned how much better their 1st round pick from 06 is than our's?

Just wanted to make sure they're 100% delusional before I form an educated opinion on this matter.
Old 08-12-2008   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLoveTexans View Post

Shoot, it took them 20 years just to have a winning season!

One of the most obnoxious fans that I have ever seen at Reliant was a Saints fan last year. Dude made Titans trolls and Cowboys bandwaggoners look like amateurs. Dude was really lucky that he got out of our section alive. There were a couple of hombres that were very close to opening a can of whoopass on him. He didn't stay for the end, though, and his tail-between-his-legs exit was best for him. He had some of our fans in a rage.
Old 08-12-2008   #8
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32854 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pre -season smack = LAME!
Old 08-12-2008   #9
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

One of the most obnoxious fans that I have ever seen at Reliant was a Saints fan last year. Dude made Titans trolls and Cowboys bandwaggoners look like amateurs. Dude was really lucky that he got out of our section alive. There were a couple of hombres that were very close to opening a can of whoopass on him. He didn't stay for the end, though, and his tail-between-his-legs exit was best for him. He had some of our fans in a rage.
He didn't happen to be ****-faced and had a buddy with long hair? Aints fans are something else...

Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I really don't want to offend anyone and I mean this in the nicest and most kind way... But the entire state of Louisiana is just awful.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I just found this gem on WhoDatZone:

Quote:
I hope Super Mario gets punked by Mr Bush
Ahhh hope. It's a beautiful thing. Often wished for, rarely fulfilled.

Link: Texans vs Saints
Old 08-13-2008   #12
newbetterbucs07
noob

Saints fans always talk trash. The media loves them too so they always back up all there smack with ESPN rankings. EPSN and Saints fans seem to forget that there defense sucks.
newbetterbucs07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #13
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post

So what are we supposed to do for the Cowboys game?
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

^
exactly. Talking trash about the Cowgirls is like having a cold beer. One trashy insult or one beer just ain't gonna cut it. Must have more.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008   #15
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thats takes something to do that right there. I believe the Texans have some of the friendliest fans in the league from what I've seen. We might give a little good natured teasing but nothing insulting or vulgar. You go to some other cities now, WAY too much testosterone and alchohol fueled hatred for oppossing fans.
Old 08-14-2008   #16
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
Pre -season smack = LAME!
Yep.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #17
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 31311 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
But the entire state of Louisiana is just awful.
awesome

As for most of the Saints fans I know, including myself, we are optimistic for this season. But the consensus I've found - and I'd wager I come across more Saints fans daily than most anyone on this board - include the following:

1. Bush has been a disappointment to this point. Mario had an exceptional year last year. Right now, Mario has had a better career. But we Saints fans aren't ready to toss Bush out just yet. It's far too early to label Bush a bust. Would you think it fair to label Williams a "fluke"? No. Bush will probably never be the back he was touted to be coming out of USC. But he can still be very, very good in our system. And the publicity doesn't hurt a small market team - especially when whispers of "relocation" are so rampant. Any time that the talking heads at ESPN discuss a team moving to LA, the Saints are mentioned. That thought sickens me.

2. The Saints still have major question marks on defense. Losing Hollis Thomas for 4-6 games hurts. Our secondary still sucks - see the first game when every single QB who took a snap from under center for the Cardinals looked good. Hopefully Sed Ellis works out. Hopefully Vilma stays healthy and returns to form. Hopefully we can get more pocket pressure. But the reality is that our defense was abysmal last season and Randall Gay doesn't make us an automatic playoff team. Sure, we are hopeful. And I think we *should* finish the season above 500. But most Saints fans are aware of our shortcomings and not predicting Super Bowl win.

3. The Texans are a good football team in the league's toughest division. There is not a huge gap between the two teams that some internet idiots have posted. I think the Saints offense is quite a bit better than the Texans offense and has fewer questions. I think the Texans D is quite a bit better than the Saints defense and has fewer questions. Anyone who thinks the Texans are so much worse than the Saints is delusional.

I just don't think that Saints fans should be defined by a single encounter or handful of encounters with Texans fans.

I also think that if you go to a Saints game, on the road, you'll find a much better atmosphere with a New Orleans crowd who would tease you during the game but have a drink with you in the Quarter after the game. By and large, the Saints have a pretty good reputation on being fans in the Dome. Of course, everyone has their stories - but who judges an entire team's fanbase on the few jerks?

I don't judge Texan fans by the one who - at last year's game after our score - said "It's about time those Katrina retards scored"

I doubt you'd want that guy as your poster boy for Texan fandom.

A little perspective, in all fairness, I think.

Good luck on Saturday.

I hope for a healthy game for both teams.

Goodness knows we can't afford many more injuries.
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorOye View Post
awesome

As for most of the Saints fans I know, including myself, we are optimistic for this season. But the consensus I've found - and I'd wager I come across more Saints fans daily than most anyone on this board - include the following:

1. Bush has been a disappointment to this point. Mario had an exceptional year last year. Right now, Mario has had a better career. But we Saints fans aren't ready to toss Bush out just yet. It's far too early to label Bush a bust. Would you think it fair to label Williams a "fluke"? No. Bush will probably never be the back he was touted to be coming out of USC. But he can still be very, very good in our system. And the publicity doesn't hurt a small market team - especially when whispers of "relocation" are so rampant. Any time that the talking heads at ESPN discuss a team moving to LA, the Saints are mentioned. That thought sickens me.

2. The Saints still have major question marks on defense. Losing Hollis Thomas for 4-6 games hurts. Our secondary still sucks - see the first game when every single QB who took a snap from under center for the Cardinals looked good. Hopefully Sed Ellis works out. Hopefully Vilma stays healthy and returns to form. Hopefully we can get more pocket pressure. But the reality is that our defense was abysmal last season and Randall Gay doesn't make us an automatic playoff team. Sure, we are hopeful. And I think we *should* finish the season above 500. But most Saints fans are aware of our shortcomings and not predicting Super Bowl win.

3. The Texans are a good football team in the league's toughest division. There is not a huge gap between the two teams that some internet idiots have posted. I think the Saints offense is quite a bit better than the Texans offense and has fewer questions. I think the Texans D is quite a bit better than the Saints defense and has fewer questions. Anyone who thinks the Texans are so much worse than the Saints is delusional.

I just don't think that Saints fans should be defined by a single encounter or handful of encounters with Texans fans.

I also think that if you go to a Saints game, on the road, you'll find a much better atmosphere with a New Orleans crowd who would tease you during the game but have a drink with you in the Quarter after the game. By and large, the Saints have a pretty good reputation on being fans in the Dome. Of course, everyone has their stories - but who judges an entire team's fanbase on the few jerks?

I don't judge Texan fans by the one who - at last year's game after our score - said "It's about time those Katrina retards scored"

I doubt you'd want that guy as your poster boy for Texan fandom.

A little perspective, in all fairness, I think.

Good luck on Saturday.

I hope for a healthy game for both teams.

Goodness knows we can't afford many more injuries.
SI had a article online a day or so ago about the Saints having the most improved defense in the league this year. I just glanced at it but it was rather lengthy. You might be interested.

They should be better anyway!

Last edited by WWJD; 08-16-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-16-2008   #19
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 31311 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
SI had a article online a day or so ago about the Saints having the most improved defense in the league this year. I just glanced at it but it was rather lengthy. You might be interested.

They should have be better anyway!
They can't have worse (I hope) lol

I caught the article.

They could improve 100000% and still be bad. That's how terrible they were last year.

They *could* be a much improved defense. But that's dependent on questions at every level of the defense.

Will Hollis Thomas come back as scheduled? Will Young be healthy and play at a high level? Will Ellis contribute in his rookie year? Will Grant and Smith deliver the kind of play to deserve the kind of money they are making?

Will Vilma be healthy and stay healthy? Will Shanle approach adequacy? Fujita has been a stalwart for us, but that's 1/3 of our corps. I long for the days of the Dome Patrol.

And the secondary. Woah secondary. So many questions. Will Gay be an asset? Will McKenzie come back healthy and play at the level he played at last year (I really think he had a Pro Bowl year last year until he got hurt)? Will it be Kaesviharn or Bullocks? Will Jason David suck abysmally AGAIN? Will either Porter or Young be a factor despite their youth/inexperience?

If *all* of those questions come back with positive answers - then yes, they could be the most improved. But that still might not make us "good" lol

I am worried. Too many questions - it's impossible to have them all work out. So I guess I can only hope for as many as possible.
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008   #20
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Well Brees is really good...and a good QB can take a team far.

I think the Saints will be strong this year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read