Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-08-2008   #121
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default Re: Mike Bell waived/Torrin Tucker signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Wasn't ES the starter before he got hurt and Brown the back up?
From what I've read, Brown was inserted as the starter from day one to get as many reps as possible and learn the position the NFL way. There have been many to say it is Brown's job to lose.
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #122
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I may be wrong.
Old 08-09-2008   #123
Polo

Ever since he was drafted Kubiak has been saying Brown was the starter...
Old 08-09-2008   #124
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok.
Old 08-09-2008   #125
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

well, to be fair, he's been saying "we're going to play him with the 1's. he's going to need as many reps as possible. we want to get him ready to go."

which doesn't exactly say. "he's the starter." but i think thats certianly the goal.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #126
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Well Brown is pretty much the garunteed starter now, so it's pretty moot. From reading Kubiaks comments about training camp and the OTA's and minicamp, I think they were expecting Brown to start by the time a quarter of the season had passed. I think they were probably still expecting to trot out Mr. Salaam vs Pittsburgh though (Again, this is just what I interpreted from Kubiak, and I could be well off).
Old 08-09-2008   #127
gary
Hall of Fame

They said that ES probably will be back in time for the first game of the season.
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2008   #128
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165649 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Well Brown is pretty much the garunteed starter now, so it's pretty moot. From reading Kubiaks comments about training camp and the OTA's and minicamp, I think they were expecting Brown to start by the time a quarter of the season had passed. I think they were probably still expecting to trot out Mr. Salaam vs Pittsburgh though (Again, this is just what I interpreted from Kubiak, and I could be well off).
I have taken past comments and articles to pretty well reflect Brown as the starter from day one. Although you know that if he did not develop quickly enough (making our QB an easy target), Salaam would be slotted there without any hesitation at all.............until he was felt to be able to hold that spot legitimately.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #129
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
well, to be fair, he's been saying "we're going to play him with the 1's. he's going to need as many reps as possible. we want to get him ready to go."

which doesn't exactly say. "he's the starter." but i think thats certianly the goal.
If you throw someone in with the ones that's saying "he's the starter"...

Of course if he sucked it up he would have gotten his spot taken, and feasibly it's still possible although its not likely....
Old 08-09-2008   #130
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 214832 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I have taken past comments and articles to pretty well reflect Brown as the starter from day one. Although you know that if he did not develop quickly enough (making our QB an easy target), Salaam would be slotted there without any hesitation at all.............until he was felt to be able to hold that spot legitimately.

I think that pretty much sums it up. I don't have any problem with the coaches handing the starters position to a first round draft pick. I think that goes with the territory considering the money involved and the teams intentions when they pull the trigger on that pick. I only get concerned when things go like they did during the C&C era where a rookie or free agent got the starting gig and it was his to lose if (and only "if") he was hit by a bus and killed or seriously injured.

With Brown I get the feeling that if Salaam could have beaten him out of the job decisively then Brown would have been running second team until he was ready to be a viable option. With our current coaches I feel like the best player is going to be on the field in almost every circumstance.
Old 08-10-2008   #131
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw Torrin Tucker last night. It looks like he ate Mike Bell.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read