Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-08-2008   #21
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Bell waived

It's actually because Ephraim and Scott Jackson are hurt and can't practice. They were running out of offensive lineman and had to get another one into camp.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #22
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

See, we didn't need him.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #23
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 196 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

I was hoping for big things from him....I wonder how Darius is going to do?!?!
Old 08-08-2008   #24
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Who is this FA they picked up?
Old 08-08-2008   #25
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he's pretty much just a body needed to fill out the bottom rung of the OL.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #26
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Jackson was on 610 moments ago from training camp and talked about the offensive line and the running game.

--Supposedly Chris Brown has looked really good the last few days, as have Taylor and Walker. Ahman Green is being worked carefully for obvious reasons. The running game isn't lacking talent.

--Bell would've been around a little longer if it weren't for the injuries to Jackson and Weary.

--It's make or break time for guys like Frye and Butler. The coaches need to get them extensive work in the OL rotation to see if they have what it takes.
Old 08-08-2008   #27
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

What happend to them? Is it real bad?
Sponsored links
Old 08-08-2008   #28
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Get used to being bashed around here it does happen alot.
LOL LOL!

If you don't watch out Gary, I'll kick you around like 'em football you have!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #29
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Matt Jackson was on 610 moments ago from training camp and talked about the offensive line and the running game.

--Supposedly Chris Brown has looked really good the last few days, as have Taylor and Walker. Ahman Green is being worked carefully for obvious reasons. The running game isn't lacking talent.

--Bell would've been around a little longer if it weren't for the injuries to Jackson and Weary.

--It's make or break time for guys like Frye and Butler. The coaches need to get them extensive work in the OL rotation to see if they have what it takes.
Actually Darius Walker wasn't that bad at the end of the season last year.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #30
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
All I was saying at the the time though was that he wasn't any good, and he wasn't going to do anything for the Texans. I was bashed simply for having an opinion, and being correct in only a matter of a week or so. Go figure.
No you were not bashed just for having an opinion, no one does that around here. They may bash you cause they think your opinion is total crap but not for having one. Mr I got to be in bold cause I am afraid no one will notice me. So please get off the woe is me line.
Old 08-08-2008   #31
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
What happend to them? Is it real bad?
Jackson has plantar fasciitis. Weary has an issue with the screws in his leg. Salaam has a knee injury.
Old 08-08-2008   #32
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
No you were not bashed just for having an opinion, no one does that around here. They may bash you cause they think your opinion is total crap but not for having one. Mr I got to be in bold cause I am afraid no one will notice me. So please get off the woe is me line.

Apparantly you are the one that can't stop making an issue out of the bold. Is it hurting you in any way? If so, feel free to ignore the post.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #33
gary
Hall of Fame

Oh man.
Old 08-08-2008   #34
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
LOL LOL!

If you don't watch out Gary, I'll kick you around like 'em football you have!
Am I lieing? I don't think so.
Old 08-08-2008   #35
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't haste to judgement on this guy. We have three running backs that get hurt a lot and an undersized rookie. While Bell may have been out of shape, from what I understand, he did show some pep early in practices.

Things have a way of coming back around in this league. A couple of injuries and he may be back in a Texans uniform.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #36
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I wouldn't haste to judgement on this guy. We have three running backs that get hurt a lot and an undersized rookie. While Bell may have been out of shape, from what I understand, he did show some pep early in practices.

Things have a way of coming back around in this league. A couple of injuries and he may be back in a Texans uniform.
Actually, I could see him back when any of the OL get healthy. They are just using the new guy as a live body.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #37
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I wouldn't haste to judgement on this guy. We have three running backs that get hurt a lot and an undersized rookie.
They call me.....Mr. Glass...

Signed,

Darius Walker
Old 08-08-2008   #38
gary
Hall of Fame

We haven't even played our first preseason game yet and the injury bug is here.
Old 08-08-2008   #39
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We haven't even played our first preseason game yet and the injury bug is here.
*knock on wood* things have been going better than I expected so far. At least we haven't lost anyone crucial yet
Old 08-08-2008   #40
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
That was fun while it lasted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
that was quick......
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Now where have I heard that one before...
Hey now... let's keep this to football talk and not our personal life! haha just kidding.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read