Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

OT Chris Williams out w/slipped disk

Fox

Rookie
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/NFC/NFC+North/Chicago/Features/2008/arkush080708a.htm

Injured his back the first day of practice and underwent surgery today for a slipped disk in his lower back. Wish him well, but can't help but breath a sigh of relief that we ended up with Brown considering our history of injuries with LT's. Williams is out indefinitely, and the Bears are reporting it doesn't have anything to do with his back problems that bothered him at Vandy....

Could be out for the year.

CHRIS WILLIAMS OUT FOR THE YEAR?
Posted by Mike Florio on August 7, 2008, 8:12 p.m.

We’re hearing rumblings from reliable sources that Bears rookie offensive tackle Chris Williams, the No. 14 overall pick in the 2008 draft, is expected to miss the entire season with a back injury.

Multiple teams were concerned about Williams’ health prior to the draft. Some were sufficiently concerned to take him off the board.

As we hear it, Williams has aggravated a prior back injury, and most likely will be shut down. This development, if indeed accurate, will throw a mediocre Bears offensive line into disarray, and will put even more pressure on the team’s defense to save the day, each and every Sunday.

Williams was one of seven offensive tackles selected among the first 21 picks of the draft.

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1103551.aspx

I really feel for the Bear's fans, know exactly what they're going through.

I really wanted this guy to be drafted by us. I knew he had back issues, but didn't know the exact details. Sorry to see that the Bears just lost their first round draft pick but I'm also really glad this wasn't the Texans.

I can hear the rumblings for their GM's neck already. First Benson gets the boot for being an ass, and now their first round pick is probably out for the year. They could have drafted Mendenhall but no way they'd know that Benson would screw up. Not looking too good in Chicago.

The prior back issue was well known from what I've been reading.

Branden Albert also is going to miss some significant time from what I heard somewhere today.

Branden Albert also is going to miss some significant time from what I heard somewhere today.

The promising tackles are dropping like flies:

From RotoTimes

Albert injury update

Branden Albert expects to miss the remainder of the preseason due to his sprained foot, according to the KC Star.

Our View: Albert wore a walking boot and used crutches to walk this week. Albert did not play tackle at Virginia, so he won't be able to effectively start at left tackle when he is ready to return, hence weakening the Chiefs' offensive line.

The promising tackles are dropping like flies:

From RotoTimes

Albert injury update

Glenn Dorsey's also lost some time to injury. Not as much as Albert, but he missed their first preseason game, and their hoping to get him back for the next one.

Not the worst thing in the world, but not exactly how KC wanted their highly touted draft class to start out.

Wasn't this guy the Texans top choice of the LTs in this years Draft ? I wonder what they really thought about his back problem because this issue was in fact actively discussed in many forums.
I dunno but maybe this means our luck is finally turning around re a franchise LT ? Had we got this guy, well at this point atleast Brown is healthy and getting ready to start in tonights preseason opener, while the Bears pick may be on IR for 2008.

Back