Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-19-2004   #1
AndreJ
All Pro

Default Billy volek

For christs sake i jsut saw the highlight on sportscenter, he threw the ball 60 times! Final #'s weere 40-60 492 yards i think 4 Td's and an Int in a 40-35 loss. I can't beleive he threw the ball that many times. Running game must have suck for tennesee
Old 12-19-2004   #2
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

And somehow, Drew Bennett caught another pair of TDs and he had 2 people around him on each catch. Can someone tell me why we cant get the ball to AJ with 2 people around him???

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #3
AndreJ
All Pro

Only thing i can think of is Drew Bennet has about 2-3 inches on Andre lol. AJ is 6-3 Bennet is 6-5 or 6-6. AJ didn't get many catches today, but i think the weather may have had somethnig to do with that. In a interview before the game he said he hated cold weather.
Old 12-19-2004   #4
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
For christs sake i jsut saw the highlight on sportscenter, he threw the ball 60 times! Final #'s weere 40-60 492 yards i think 4 Td's and an Int in a 40-35 loss. I can't beleive he threw the ball that many times. Running game must have suck for tennesee
Maybe the Titan's coaches wanted to see what Volek had? With McNair talking retirement and their season in the gutter, why not call pass every play and see if Volek is good. If he plays well then QB is less of a concern going into the offseason.
Old 12-19-2004   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

What sucks about this for me, my oppponent this week in fantasy football has VOlek as the QB. At least I had Bennet catching two of those 4 td passes.
Vinny will probably win this one.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #6
MarleyFan
Veteran

Raiders dominated the game, Titans were never in it! Warren Sapp even got a sack!
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #7
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 77507 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyFan
Raiders dominated the game, Titans were never in it! Warren Sapp even got a sack!
We thank you......most on this board hate the tite's.

cac
Old 12-20-2004   #8
DreamCatcher
Rookie

That is a lot of throws,i guees the RB,s wanted a day off.
Old 12-20-2004   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyFan
LOL...I saw Sapp's sack. Volek fell down, and Sapp put a hand on him.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Volek doesn't prove to be a "Flash in the pan", the Titanics may be "OK" at QB for some time. Personally, I don't think he is a one hit wonder, but ya never know.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #11
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair might as well retire. There's a new QB in Possum Holler.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #12
hot4SteveMcNair
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher
i guees the RB,s wanted a day off.
Chris Brown has a wicked case of turf toe.

I hardly believe that Volek will be a flash in the pan. He has a serious arm on him.

Lets also not forget who kept Carr on the bench at Fresno...... Volek.
hot4SteveMcNair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004   #13
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot4SteveMcNair

Lets also not forget who kept Carr on the bench at Fresno...... Volek.
Yeah he did. Volek also threw 30 TDs with only 3 INTs that year, led his team to a bowl game yet went undrafted, due largely to the fact that he didn't have the "measureables", i.e. he wasn't 6'4" and played for Fresno State instead of Florida State.

Just goes to show you can't judge quarterbacks the way you can judge any other player. The Titans were smart to re-sign him.
bad is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read