Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-08-2008   #21
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114277 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Looking forward to our game against Houston North

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
This was interesting:

"I dont care how bad the Texans backfield may look on paper. Slaton scares the hell out of me. He has the kind of mojo to make people look real stupid on the field."

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=18437
I read that entire thread. Saw the posts about how they're better than us (granted they didn't all say that). I found it interesting that where, in any of the posts, was the phrase, "damn, last year when it counted, they beat the crap out of us 31-13."

I was tempted - sorely tempted - to join that forum just to post that one statement.

but no sense getting all riled up over a preseason game now is there.
Old 08-08-2008   #22
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I read that entire thread. Saw the posts about how they're better than us (granted they didn't all say that). I found it interesting that where, in any of the posts, was the phrase, "damn, last year when it counted, they beat the crap out of us 31-13."

I was tempted - sorely tempted - to join that forum just to post that one statement.

No, it really doesn't matter. Besides, they could kill us Saturday without even being a better team. Who knows what will happen in a preseason game?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #23
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont care about the results, the scores that is, of pre-season games. Apart from all the rah-rah about building a winning attitude, pre-season is about seeing players perform in their positions, and possibly also getting an idea of how new schemes are going to look.

In reference to the Kubiak-thingie and how lucky we are in having the people we have in our coaching staff, I can only say this: Regardless of our teams results, the Houston Trexans are a team I am proud to call myself a fan off.

The high class that coaches, players and the owner emanates are for me a beacon of light within professional sports, and a gentleman mentality and philosophy that many other sports teams and athletes could learn from.

That does not mean I don't want the wins though
Old 08-08-2008   #24
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The 3rd preseason game is the one where we'll get a real chance to gage everything. This is a scrimage, nothing more. But I'll be watching every second AND recording it because I want to see what our younger guys are like. I'm want to see how our O-line is picking up the ZBS, and believe it or not, the 3rd string QB battle between Boyd and Brinks should be interesting. From what I've read about the training camp, Boyd is looking the better of the two.

But I really can't wait to see our 1st string defense for the few rounds they'll be playing. We aren't going anywhere this year without our defense playing up to snuff.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #25
DenverFan
Rookie

As a Broncos fan:

Our team has been horrible for the last two seasons with a few isolated bright spots (Cutler, Marshall, Dummerville, Sheffler, Young). The team falling apart I wouldn't place so much on the loss of Kubiak as in the changing age of the players.

Out of the starters in the 2005 AFC Championship game (the last game Kubiak was with the Broncos) three are left on offense, defense, and including the quick and punter. That means that 7/8 of the starting lineup from those years has left Denver, retired, been cut or whatever.

The team also is adjusting to a new QB and a new offense, the offense is leaving a cut-back, zone blocking, run based offense for the traditional drop back passing offense. This explains the majority of the OL problems.

The defense has been a complete mess, mainly because the DL is garbage, which seems to be changing ( ).

I remember the game last year, and yes Denver was destroyed. However, everyone destroyed Denver last year (any of you guys see that bears game, ).

So, I would give the Broncos one more year before they return to regular playoff contenders.

On the other hand I really enjoy watching the Texans as they play Broncos Football (or if you really want Kubiak football) and have some great players.

Who should be interesting to watch in this preseason game for the Texans?

For the Broncos it should be Eddie Royal, Anthony Aldridge, and the MLB competition.

Good Luck and hope to read some good analysis of the game here after wards.
DenverFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #26
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverFan View Post
As a Broncos fan:

Our team has been horrible for the last two seasons with a few isolated bright spots (Cutler, Marshall, Dummerville, Sheffler, Young). The team falling apart I wouldn't place so much on the loss of Kubiak as in the changing age of the players.

Out of the starters in the 2005 AFC Championship game (the last game Kubiak was with the Broncos) three are left on offense, defense, and including the quick and punter. That means that 7/8 of the starting lineup from those years has left Denver, retired, been cut or whatever.

The team also is adjusting to a new QB and a new offense, the offense is leaving a cut-back, zone blocking, run based offense for the traditional drop back passing offense. This explains the majority of the OL problems.

The defense has been a complete mess, mainly because the DL is garbage, which seems to be changing ( ).

I remember the game last year, and yes Denver was destroyed. However, everyone destroyed Denver last year (any of you guys see that bears game, ).

So, I would give the Broncos one more year before they return to regular playoff contenders.

On the other hand I really enjoy watching the Texans as they play Broncos Football (or if you really want Kubiak football) and have some great players.

Who should be interesting to watch in this preseason game for the Texans?

For the Broncos it should be Eddie Royal, Anthony Aldridge, and the MLB competition.

Good Luck and hope to read some good analysis of the game here after wards.
I wasn't lying when I reported that the Broncos pretty much went away from the ZBS in the Chargers game.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #27
CTWade
Quack Attack

Rep Power: 14 CTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

Reading that thread was quite informative... I never realized that Brandon Marshall was better than Andre Johnson.
CTWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read