Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-06-2008   #1
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough
Default Houston Hotels

Just wondering if u guys could give me some ideas for hotels for when I make my trip down, Figured I should book sometime soon. Coming for the Lions game the Thursday night and leaving the monday probably. Just wondering if you could give me some ideas as to what hotels are good value(we dont have much money).

Thanks,

Nick
Old 08-06-2008   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Hotels

I would recommend using priceline.com. I use the bidding section. I have been booking my hotels with them for a while now and I have no problems. I got a Residence Inn/Marriot for the Lions game for $50 plus Tax, which was about $65 with tax. That hotel usually runs between $150 and $200 without Taxes. It's a 2 1/2 star hotel. Very nice hotel in my opinion. But this was for Sunday after the game, I am sure that saturday will be a bit more. The only drawback of course is that you can't cancel because you have to pay up front and you can't choose the hotel. Also, You can only choose the general area which I always choose Reliant Park/Medical center area and I am never more than 5-7 miles away.

I usually bid for a two or two and half star. I don't like bidding for three star Hotels because many charge for parking. And it's not cheap.
As for paying for a regular hotel, they usually run on average between $80 and $180 around the stadium. Unless you wanna pay $40 for the dump called motel 6.

Since you are gonna stay for four days, I am sure you can a great deal through priceline since Hotels wanna fill every room possible.

Last edited by stingray; 08-06-2008 at 08:56 PM.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I would recommend using priceline.com. I use the bidding section. I have been booking my hotels with them for a while now and I have no problems. I got a Residence Inn/Marriot for the Lions game for $50 plus Tax, which was about $65 with tax. That hotel usually runs between $150 and $200 without Taxes. It's a 2 1/2 star hotel. Very nice hotel in my opinion. But this was for Sunday after the game, I am sure that saturday will be a bit more. The only drawback of course is that you can't cancel because you have to pay up front and you can't choose the hotel. Also, You can only choose the general area which I always choose Reliant Park/Medical center area and I am never more than 5-7 miles away.

I usually bid for a two or two and half star. I don't like bidding for three star Hotels because many charge for parking. And it's not cheap.
As for paying for a regular hotel, they usually run on average between $80 and $180 around the stadium. Unless you wanna pay $40 for the dump called motel 6.

Since you are gonna stay for four days, I am sure you can a great deal through priceline since Hotels wanna fill every room possible.
This is my method as well. Never have had a problem. Come to think of it, I have only used priceline for Texans games.
Old 08-07-2008   #4
pittbull3
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 pittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden cover

Depends on if you want to be close to the stadium or closer to Houston activities, such as malls, night life, restaurants, etc....If you want to be close to the stadium, the Holiday inn is right beside Reliant. Not a bad little hotel. If you want to be about 5-6 miles away, towards shopping and restaurants, the hilton, marriot, and hotel derek are in the galleria area. These would be good options of the wife is coming, or you yourself is a big time shopper.
pittbull3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #5
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

There is one I use on old spanish trail, it goes for 9.95 an hour which is reasonable. If you want the number just ask.

Old 08-07-2008   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
There is one I use on old spanish trail, it goes for 9.95 an hour which is reasonable. If you want the number just ask.

Old 08-07-2008   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Depends on how much you want to spend and where you want to be.

Hotel Za Za, Hotel Derek, The Rennaisance,The Houstonian, there are so many to choose from.

I would just start looking at some of their websites and prices online, and see which one fits your needs and price qualifications.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-07-2008   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Depends on how much you want to spend and where you want to be.

Hotel Za Za, Hotel Derek, The Rennaisance,The Houstonian, there are so many to choose from.

I would just start looking at some of their websites and prices online, and see which one fits your needs and price qualifications.
Geeez... You suggested some of the most expensive hotels in town. Maybe they can get a room and mix in a dinner at La Colombe d'Or.....

PS Hotel ZaZa will always be the Warwick to me...
Old 08-07-2008   #9
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

I stayed at the Holiday Inn just next to Reliant when I came into town, great Hotel, great staff and not too expensive either. I would really recommend it, was a nice surprise when I arrived and opened my curtains and my whole window was filled with the sight of the stadium.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #10
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So your total bill ended up being $4.97?
Old 08-07-2008   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapHer View Post
Nice... But Spec also had to pay the male prostitute.
Old 08-07-2008   #12
Dean 74
Rookie

stay at the magnolia downtown and take the rail. they run $99. specials.
Dean 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
It was funny to me.

Quote:
Yeah it was. I treat women like they keep saying they want to be be tread, as equals so I let her pay for half the bill.

Old 08-07-2008   #14
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
OUCH...
Old 08-07-2008   #15
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Nice... But Spec also had to pay the male prostitute.
NAY...Hobie works for food
Old 08-07-2008   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean 74 View Post
Good suggestion. That place is really really nice, and if you can get a 99 dollar special there then that is a sweet deal. I've always wanted to stay there.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #17
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean 74 View Post
This was going to be my suggestion as well, for the money this place just can't be beat. It's also within walking distance to some great bars and restraunts in downtown.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #18
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sure, what is it....
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Sure, what is it....
factory
Old 08-07-2008   #20
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
NAY...Hobie works for food
I would normally be offended, but when I get hungry, well I do things that I am not really proud of...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read