Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-06-2008   #21
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All eyes on Duane Brown vs. Broncos Saturday ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Five fingers making a fist takes a little time. I wouldn't push the panic button if he has trouble with the speed rushers at first. Can you imagine what the o-line practice will be like tuesday if they lay an egg ?

Meyers is the one I'm worried about.

I'm praying one of the young safeties gets a couple of opportunities this pre-season and we finally put an end to the C.C. & Earl experiment.

And. will Steve Slayton distinguish himself on the field when he does not have the ball in his hands ? Inquiring minds want to see it.
Why are you "worried about" Myers? He started for Denver most of last year and has several years of being in their ZB system which Gibbs installed.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #22
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

If Brown is playing longer than the other starting OL that means he'll get to see some time against Dumervil AND Jarvis Moss (Denver's 07 1st round pick). That's two good edge rushers, we'll have a pretty good idea of where Brown is at after the game if he plays a half. If he can hold his own against those 2 in his first NFL action i'm gonna feel really good about Schaub's blindside this season.

If he doesn't then i'm gonna just have to hope Gibbs gets him where he needs to be by the start of regular season!!!
Old 08-07-2008   #23
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

see no sense in starting another thread in regards to Mr. Brown but check out "10 questions with Duane Brown" on the main website- http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4472

I was shocked with this past draft (whats new?) taking Brown this early with no 2nd rd. pick but you know I like his apptitude for the LT position, kinda reminds me of another Brown who went to Arizona last year I think he's gonna be a player the Texans covet for many years to come, even winding up to be the best LT in the 08 draft class. as he continues to grow into the position his value is going to shoot higher & a reason why I had ranked him as a must extend player/contract on another thread, even without the benefit on one single NFL game under his belt.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #24
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
see no sense in starting another thread in regards to Mr. Brown but check out "10 questions with Duane Brown" on the main website- http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4472

I was shocked with this past draft (whats new?) taking Brown this early with no 2nd rd. pick but you know I like his apptitude for the LT position, kinda reminds me of another Brown who went to Arizona last year I think he's gonna be a player the Texans covet for many years to come, even winding up to be the best LT in the 08 draft class. as he continues to grow into the position his value is going to shoot higher & a reason why I had ranked him as a must extend player/contract on another thread, even without the benefit on one single NFL game under his belt.
WOW, just WOW BL ! When you fall in love, you fall hard big boy because I know how strongly you felt about last years #5 overall pick in the NFL Draft !
Comparing our rookie OT Brown to the Cards rookie OT Brown of last year is indeed high praise coming from you. I sure hope you're right about him.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #25
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
If he's starting the game (which sounds like he will be), that means he'll be responsible for Schaub's backside for atleast a series or 2. So until I develope some confidance in him, that knowledge will leave me a little anxious but I won't be the only one.
surely they'll leave the RB in for help until they see if he is handling the rusher or not?

Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #26
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

*cough* If anyone records the pre-season games I would love a copy, send me a msg if you can make a digital copy and are willing to share it *cough*
Old 08-09-2008   #27
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
WOW, just WOW BL ! When you fall in love, you fall hard big boy because I know how strongly you felt about last years #5 overall pick in the NFL Draft !
Comparing our rookie OT Brown to the Cards rookie OT Brown of last year is indeed high praise coming from you. I sure hope you're right about him.
very similar players, Duane is a little more athletic however that fits what Gibbs likes to do, but in the end it still comes down to your comptitive nature & ability to outbattle your opponent. I would just ask Texans fans to be patient with his development, know he will learn from his mistakes, that by the end of the year if the Texans are in some kind of playoff contention Duane Brown is probably a big reason why, cause Texans can run the ball & protect Schaub/Sage...........

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-10-2008   #28
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, so I took my binoculars and specifically watched Duane Brown on each play. For the most part, I couldn't tell you what any other offensive player did in the first half. Heck, I didn’t even realize Green got hurt again.

What can I say but OMG, this kid is good, real good.

Duane got beat on one play. That’s it, one. It was a running play in the first series of downs. The DE for the Broncos stunted to the inside and Duane missed him. Taylor was hit at the line of scrimmage for little to no gain. Otherwise, Duane pretty much manhandled his opponent on the rest of the plays.

I have to eat a little crow on this one. I was a Na Sayer on draft day thinking this pick was a reach. I was wrong. From what I saw and if Brown keeps learning and getting better (which he should), he was a steal at the 26th pick.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #29
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Ok, so I took my binoculars and specifically watched Duane Brown on each play. For the most part, I couldn't tell you what any other offensive player did in the first half. Heck, I didn’t even realize Green got hurt again.

What can I say but OMG, this kid is good, real good.

Duane got beat on one play. That’s it, one. It was a running play in the first series of downs. The DE for the Broncos stunted to the inside and Duane missed him. Taylor was hit at the line of scrimmage for little to no gain. Otherwise, Duane pretty much manhandled his opponent on the rest of the plays.

I have to eat a little crow on this one. I was a Na Sayer on draft day thinking this pick was a reach. I was wrong. From what I saw and if Brown keeps learning and getting better (which he should), he was a steal at the 26th pick.
Thank you for doing that at the game tonight. I will now watch the re-air on NFLN to try and see as much of Duane as I can. Was good, for me, to know what you thought of him so I can try and see it, too, when I watch the re-air.

Good job, broseph.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read