Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-05-2008   #1
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TEXAN's on NFL Radio

Sirius radio has the Texans scheduled this Thursday at 1PM in their Training camp tour series.
Old 08-05-2008   #2
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TEXAN's on NFL Radio

let's hope they post this on the HT.com website...
I don't have - or want - satellite radio.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
let's hope they post this on the HT.com website...
I don't have - or want - satellite radio.
Not likely.

Sirius Sat radio is worth it just for NFL radio even though they never talk much Texans.
Old 08-05-2008   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Not likely.

Sirius Sat radio is worth it just for NFL radio even though they never talk much Texans.
I agree 100%. I get most of my NFL info on the chanel.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #5
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not likely.

I've had satellite radio in rental cars while on vacation and it was okay. But daily my commute is so short - I live like 10-15 minutes from work - that I'd hardly make use of it on any kind of regular basis. At least not enough to warrant yet another bill.

and when I'm at home, I'm watching TV.
Old 08-05-2008   #6
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to say that if I lived in Houston and could get 610 or any other Houston sports radio station I wouldn't need Sirius at all. With that being said, I don't live in Houston, and of ALL the national sports media, Sirius is by far the most knowledgeable and kind to the Texans organization. They have had a positive outlook on the teamís future. Generally, depending on the show, the hosts seem to know position battles on the team, unlike ESPN and other sports media who refer to former players or players who are on IR and PUP as if they are still on the roster and starting that week. I also have to agree that even when they're not talking Texans (90% of the time) it's almost always worth listening to.
Old 08-05-2008   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I've had satellite radio in rental cars while on vacation and it was okay. But daily my commute is so short - I live like 10-15 minutes from work - that I'd hardly make use of it on any kind of regular basis. At least not enough to warrant yet another bill.

and when I'm at home, I'm watching TV.
I have Sirius and if you don't use it for your car, you can also log on to Sirius.com and listen from your computer. It's awesome.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-05-2008   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, we should try to call in on that day. If only to encourage them to talk more Texans.
Old 08-05-2008   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey, we should try to call in on that day. If only to encourage them to talk more Texans.
You know that is very true. If no buzz comes from putting Texans on the radio, then they are pretty much forced to look elsewhere for news to report.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #10
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN2 is also running a show on the Texans Thursday at 3pm EST
Old 08-05-2008   #11
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Brilliant!
Old 08-06-2008   #12
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I'm a regular , eric in houston, but I talk about everyone. I always get through and would be willing to sacrifice my glory if someone would like me tto ask a texans question. Btw, sirrius has a unit called the stilletto andits a walkman like sirius plus it records. I've had sirius for over 4 years and its great.
leebigeztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #13
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I'm a regular , eric in houston, but I talk about everyone. I always get through and would be willing to sacrifice my glory if someone would like me tto ask a texans question. Btw, sirrius has a unit called the stilletto andits a walkman like sirius plus it records. I've had sirius for over 4 years and its great.
Hey, I have heard you before!!! I usually listen to a taped version from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. on the the river road of the Rio Grande River, (Border patrol agent). But anyway, keep calling.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #14
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Perhaps one of you web-gurus can tape... err, record the show and figure out a way to post it someplace for those of us too cheap... err, I mean not fortunate enough to have satellite radio...

Meanwhile, I'll look into how much adding satellite radio to my home set-up would be. I gotta have a transportable set-up that I can use in the car and the crib.
Old 08-06-2008   #15
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected

The stilletto is like $200., u can get a unit for the car for $28 at walmart and u can buy the boombox for 70 bucks. The service iss $13 per month plus a 1 time activation, but if u know someone with it, they can add a receiver for 6.75. I have like 3 receivers. u have to pay the yearly bil once a yr. Its great though.
Old 08-06-2008   #16
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79515 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

I got Sirius for the sports packages, but have found it so much better than regular radio I think I'd do it again anyway. I realized it when somebody stole mine out of my truck a few weeks ago. Commercials SUCK!

Now that the XM merger is complete, I really hope MLB is an option next year.

I'm looking forward to the Texans report. We're a little starved for information in GA.
Old 08-06-2008   #17
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Yeah, once u get it, you'll never want regular radio. They have specialized channells like nfl,nba, nascar, as well as music genre's, news and the comedy is great. If you're a nfl lover, nfl radio makes espn look like a college production show. The ex-gm's , coaches and plyers give al kind of knowledge and keep guys out of fandom.
Old 08-07-2008   #18
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

WE JUST GOT BUMPED FOR GB NEWS CONFERNCE!
Old 08-07-2008   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
WE JUST GOT BUMPED FOR GB NEWS CONFERNCE!
Do what?
Old 08-07-2008   #20
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

they just stated the GB news conference will be on at 1pm, the same time they were doing the houston texans training camp

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read