Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-20-2008   #41
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans in DFW - '08 watch parties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
In terms of Arlington, there is that first ker's we went to. Also, there is NO Frills Grill located off 20 and another in fort Worth. The one closest to me, in is Mansfield but that would be getting off the beaten path a bit.
forgot about Bobby V's also right off 20 in arlington.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008   #42
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

T minus 1 week (or so) till Sept 7 noon regular season start. What spot y'all wanna hit first?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008   #43
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mckinnie ave tavern seems to have bunches of TVs
Old 09-02-2008   #44
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Mckinnie ave tavern seems to have bunches of TVs
I guess no other thoughts.
Old 09-02-2008   #45
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll call the MAT this afternoon and verify they have the Texan game showing, if family / kid friendly, and if there are any specials.

I've added a few more to post #12 including Bobby V's and No Frills (good LAWD those are way out there... well, from me anyway) Also came across a place called Texan Station in Grapevine as a possbility - also posted that one in post 12.

"Texan Station".... it's like it was meant to be.
Old 09-02-2008   #46
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
I'll call the MAT this afternoon and verify they have the Texan game showing, if family / kid friendly, and if there are any specials.

I've added a few more to post #12 including Bobby V's and No Frills (good LAWD those are way out there... well, from me anyway) Also came across a place called Texan Station in Grapevine as a possbility - also posted that one in post 12.

"Texan Station".... it's like it was meant to be.
I have been to the Gaylord property (Texan Station)and its really nice. Fairly sure that I had a couple drinks at that bar. Think a little on the pricey side.

Yeah, we are on opposite ends of the metroplex so anything that is really close to one or the other is getting pretty far out. Thinking that the places you have listed before are going to be the most central for everyone. I know I am fine with easy 25-30 mile drive on a Sunday.
Old 09-02-2008   #47
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to be an ass, but just pick a place, any place, and go watch the game..... if there are other Texans fans there, great, if not, then start the party up !!
My lord, there are hundreds of sports bars around, pick a place close to home and go enjoy the game, regardless of who's all there !!
Go Texans !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2008   #48
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Hasn't this decision been going on for over a year Maybe have two watch party groups the ones for the Ft. Worth/Arlington area and the others for Dallas/Mesquite/Addison/Plano, Richardson area
Old 09-02-2008   #49
OzzO
.. and then?

blah blah blah.... and when y'all come out to watch a game with us, then you can have the right to be a hobie... I mean an ass.

Last season we stuck with Ker's - good place, but chicken every Sunday was a bit much. So far we haven't had an overwhelming response with the DFW Texan fans, so our tiny little group is trying to find some good, central locations thankyouverymuch.

Now, after that RUDE interruption (just messin)... Called the MAT - they're showing the game and are kid / family friendly. See y'all at this location for the 1st game 'o the season.
Old 09-02-2008   #50
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

My mother use to fry chicken every Sunday god I miss that!!!

Glad, you found a central location
Old 09-02-2008   #51
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
blah blah blah.... and when y'all come out to watch a game with us, then you can have the right to be a hobie... I mean an ass.

Last season we stuck with Ker's - good place, but chicken every Sunday was a bit much. So far we haven't had an overwhelming response with the DFW Texan fans, so our tiny little group is trying to find some good, central locations thankyouverymuch.

Now, after that RUDE interruption (just messin)... Called the MAT - they're showing the game and are kid / family friendly. See y'all at this location for the 1st game 'o the season.
Sorry, I'll be in NYC over the weekend.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #52
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

With my school schedule working the way it is i might be staring at working most weekends sadly. Second half of the sason might better and I'll want to view us hopefully making a playoff push.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008   #53
OzzO
.. and then?

We'll be around - keep checking this thread as we start our quest for the holy grail.. I mean quest for the ultimate centrally located sports bar.

... and now, for something completely different.
Old 09-02-2008   #54
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
We'll be around - keep checking this thread as we start our quest for the holy grail.. I mean quest for the ultimate centrally located sports bar.

... and now, for something completely different.

I am going to post the location on the "other" boards and I will see you on sunday.
Old 09-03-2008   #55
OzzO
.. and then?

Ah good call - for some reason I didn't even think to post there. Thanks
Old 09-03-2008   #56
ArlingtonTexan

I found out today that a guy know from an another message and a fantasy footbal league, manages a place in Grapevine right off 114. he has Sunday ticket and 16 TVs through the restruant and will do something for us if we come over his way. Thinking maybe next game (2nd) Let me know what you think.

http://flipsgrill.com/
Old 09-04-2008   #57
OzzO
.. and then?

Sounds good and good location. Let's hit that one next for the Baltimore game. Good find, thanks.
Old 09-04-2008   #58
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Shoot, just come to Bubbas, I know they will be showing it there and there will be Texans fans there to boot....even if 1 or 2 are planning on doing some during the half time show....
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008   #59
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Shoot, just come to Bubbas, I know they will be showing it there and there will be Texans fans there to boot....even if 1 or 2 are planning on doing some during the half time show....
That would be 1..... Hobie
Old 09-05-2008   #60
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone meeting in North Dallas for the game? Possibly Plano/Frisco/McKinney area?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read