Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-21-2008   #141
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans in DFW - '08 watch parties

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Yeah, I never really hit traffic, the Ker's exit was good for me as well. I never really experienced any major traffic game day last year or any time this year so far.

So, basically - I'm open to wherever this week, just wanted to take into account the same game time. Buffalo Joe's in post #12 seems interesting, but not sure how much of a hike that is for y'all and if their "family friendly". They look like a BWW place. Doesn't have to be this time, but perhaps one more spot to try.
It is a haul, but between weather and general apathy towards the Texans, i might want to make the long drive this weekend. Not really going to want to make in week 15 at 4-10 or whatever the heck or record will be. Two place in that same area Big Johnson and Twin Peaks you guys can pick either one.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #142
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Well, Big Johnson's number has been disconnected and all websites had the same number. Twin Peaks would be great for the view, but if kids show up (I'm not sure mine will go anymore this year, grinch what's your plans?)... and the few times I've been there, I don't recall big tv screens - but my attention may have been elsewhere. The location is more at the NW corner of 35E and 121 - not sure why google shoots it way up towards Lewisville Lake.

I just called Buffalo Joe's - they'll have the game on and said for the earlier games, they're not as packed with Cowboy fans as the afternoon or evening games.

So, from those - my preference choice would be:
- Buffalo Joes (more variety in menu)
- Twin Peaks (close 2nd, wouldn't mind going there)
- Big Johnsons (assuming they're still open)
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #143
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, Big Johnson's number has been disconnected and all websites had the same number. Twin Peaks would be great for the view, but if kids show up (I'm not sure mine will go anymore this year, grinch what's your plans?)... and the few times I've been there, I don't recall big tv screens - but my attention may have been elsewhere. The location is more at the NW corner of 35E and 121 - not sure why google shoots it way up towards Lewisville Lake.

I just called Buffalo Joe's - they'll have the game on and said for the earlier games, they're not as packed with Cowboy fans as the afternoon or evening games.

So, from those - my preference choice would be:
- Buffalo Joes (more variety in menu)
- Twin Peaks (close 2nd, wouldn't mind going there)
- Big Johnsons (assuming they're still open)

Buffalo Joes works for me. I may refuse to go to Big Johnson's to stop Mrs. AT from making a ton thinly disguised references all game long.
Old 11-22-2008   #144
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1114 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm out this weekend.
grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008   #145
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Buffalo Joes works for me. I may refuse to go to Big Johnson's to stop Mrs. AT from making a ton thinly disguised references all game long.
See ya at Buffalo Joe's then (unless it's Twin Peaks and you can make the references).

Old 11-27-2008   #146
ArlingtonTexan

Think with the Monday night game we were out anyway, but I am having to make a previously unplanned trip to Beaumont early next week.
Old 12-01-2008   #147
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone available to meet up for the MNF game?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2008   #148
OzzO
.. and then?

I'm sitting this one out - the one time I can stay at the house at watch the Texans. A-Tx may be adventurous though - I haven't heard from many others this season.

We'll defintely be back in the swing next week though.
Old 12-01-2008   #149
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, well....best seat in the house for me!! In front of my couch and big screen!

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #150
OzzO
.. and then?

Okay boys and girls (if any) time to ramp it up for the upcoming GB noon game. Any suggestions or repeat of previously viewed spots?
Old 12-04-2008   #151
OzzO
.. and then?

Y'all up for this week? I'm thinking Ker's, Twin Peaks (if y'all wanna try that), or BWW's. I've adjusted post #12 to highlight the spots it seemed we enjoyed better.
Old 12-04-2008   #152
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Y'all up for this week? I'm thinking Ker's, Twin Peaks (if y'all wanna try that), or BWW's. I've adjusted post #12 to highlight the spots it seemed we enjoyed better.
Think I am up for a twin peaks run unless one of the other guys want to do something different.
Old 12-06-2008   #153
OzzO
.. and then?

Aiight - I'll see ya at the Lewisville location, NW corner of 35E and 121.

I'll verify later today that they actually have spots to stay and watch the game.

**edit - just checked, they have a bar area and high top tables to watch the games, so we're good.

Last edited by OzzO; 12-06-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-06-2008   #154
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey fellas. I'll be up in the DFdub next weekend for the Titans game. Let me know where you guys will be watching the Tacks game at.
Old 12-07-2008   #155
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Aiight - I'll see ya at the Lewisville location, NW corner of 35E and 121.

I'll verify later today that they actually have spots to stay and watch the game.

**edit - just checked, they have a bar area and high top tables to watch the games, so we're good.
Hate to do this, but I am further behind on grading than I expected to be and need to work. On next week, we are doing an Austin weekend getaway trip.
Old 12-07-2008   #156
OzzO
.. and then?

Crud.. well, if you ain't going - we sure don't ever see anyone else (consistantly anyway). No prob, I guess I'll make other plans. Maybe we'll hit that spot next week. Hey - just checked, for those in the DFW area, the game will be on local tv!!

Texan JBZ - we'll see ya next week. Check back on this thread by mid-next week and we'll figure something out.
Old 12-07-2008   #157
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Crud.. well, if you ain't going - we sure don't ever see anyone else (consistantly anyway). No prob, I guess I'll make other plans. Maybe we'll hit that spot next week. Hey - just checked, for those in the DFW area, the game will be on local tv!!

Texan JBZ - we'll see ya next week. Check back on this thread by mid-next week and we'll figure something out.
Just realized that I had my weeks crossed and will be around Dec 14, but not Dec 20.
Old 12-08-2008   #158
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Cool deal!
Old 12-08-2008   #159
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
Cool deal!

Let us know what area you will be staying.
Old 12-08-2008   #160
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1114 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be at the game this weekend, so I'm out. Also, I just looked at the calendar and I'm out until next season as I am in Houston until New Years.

I'll be back for my punishment next season.
grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read