Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-12-2008   #101
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1113 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans in DFW - '08 watch parties

Alright, so Bennett is going to every game now. I was listening on the drive home and man I thought I was going to be sick. Good game, next week the Lions and we saw them give the other team points today.
grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #102
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 15683 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Yeah - you missed the ending. What station were you listening on? My kid wanted to head out with the final 3 seconds and I told him the game was not over yet. (Texans still needed to finish it.)

Thanks for coming out and "lil Tex" did well for 3 quarters - kudos on pulling dad duties very well.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008   #103
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1113 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

It was on satellite radio. Up until this year that is how I got my Texans fix.
Old 10-13-2008   #104
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch1134 View Post
Alright, so Bennett is going to every game now. I was listening on the drive home and man I thought I was going to be sick. Good game, next week the Lions and we saw them give the other team points today.
Speaking as one w/o kids he was great this past week. Here is hoping we handle a team that we should win the game and probably pretty easily.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008   #105
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 15683 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected

Our first afternoon game coming up - start thinking of a location.
Old 10-16-2008   #106
OzzO
.. and then?

Alright DFWr's we have an afternoon game coming up - any nominations for this Lion whuppin'? See post #12 for previous suggestions. I'd like to try Wizard's at some point, but doesn't have to be this afternoon game.
Old 10-16-2008   #107
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Alright DFWr's we have an afternoon game coming up - any nominations for this Lion whuppin'? See post #12 for previous suggestions. I'd like to try Wizard's at some point, but doesn't have to be this afternoon game.
Probably a Mrs AT. tag a long week, we just looked at the options and she had no preference, so wizards is ok for us.
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2008   #108
OzzO
.. and then?

Alright, Wizards it is. See y'all there tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2008   #109
OzzO
.. and then?

Where the HECK are all the DFW Texan fans? You friggin bandwaggoners.

Wizards was a good place, seems like a KC homebase (got to see them cry againsr the Titans this week - good lawd, can some one stop them?) Maybe if we had our fans venture out of their casa, we'd show up in force as well.

Old 10-20-2008   #110
ArlingtonTexan

wizards seesm fine as a place, but is already KC's home. I know there are plenty of Texans' fans throughout the Metroplex. every Texans at cowboy game has strong representation at the games, but we need to increase the enthusiam for coming out.

That said, for next week give me a couple of days as I may take a weekend trip
Old 10-21-2008   #111
grinch1134
Veteran

I'm in for this weekend and I should be sans baby so anywhere should be fine.
Old 10-24-2008   #112
OzzO
.. and then?

Alright, so grinch is in, A-Tx, you in? Getting about halfway into the season, we can start hitting some of the top repeats or try something new. Anyone with a preference?
Old 10-24-2008   #113
grinch1134
Veteran

I liked Flips and Kerrs (though I don't think I want to mess with Kerrs since Dallas has a home game and coming in on 183 will be a nightmare).

If we are looking for some place new the Frankie's Bar - uptown Dallas suggestion from post 13 sounds good.
Old 10-24-2008   #114
OzzO
.. and then?

Good call on avoiding the stadium area. I'm game for Frankie's - looks kinda uppity, but maybe it'll be a good spot - updated post 12. See y'all there.
Old 10-24-2008   #115
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Good call on avoiding the stadium area. I'm game for Frankie's - looks kinda uppity, but maybe it'll be a good spot - updated post 12. See y'all there.
I still am not sure either way, but i will show at Frankie's if around
Old 10-26-2008   #116
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I still am not sure either way, but i will show at Frankie's if around
Ozzo,

thanks for the call, but we were closer to home than Frankies when you got hold us. we stopped at a BWWs in Grand prarie to see the victory. I assume some the dallas crowd cleared, but after not seeing anyone and only a couple of Texans TVs we weren't feeling like we were going to enjoy ourselves.
Old 10-26-2008   #117
OzzO
.. and then?

That's cool. Figured by that time, y'all weren't gonna make it back out. We must have just missed you as grinch mentioned seeing y'all walk the other way (we thought you were looking for an alternat eparking spot).

Once the Cowboy crowd cleared out, wasn't too bad. Kinda smoky, but better service than our other downtown location.

We'll set it up for next week - y'all start thinking of where you wanna hit (or re-hit) for the Viking game.
Old 10-29-2008   #118
grinch1134
Veteran

I'm out this week unless we go to restaurant/bar instead of a bar/restaurant. So I'm in for Flips, Kerr's, Buffalo Wild Wings or anything similar. I will have the little fan with me.
Old 10-29-2008   #119
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch1134 View Post
I'm out this week unless we go to restaurant/bar instead of a bar/restaurant. So I'm in for Flips, Kerr's, Buffalo Wild Wings or anything similar. I will have the little fan with me.
I liked Flips, so that one has a vote for me. None of the other options bother me though.
Old 10-30-2008   #120
OzzO
.. and then?

Agree - I'm preferring the more restaurant / bar settings. Flips is fine with me as well. Updated post #12.

If y'all think of other places we haven't tried yet, make sure to post those up as well. This "random spot" location seems to be working pretty well so far. (If we could just get some more to come out).

Last edited by OzzO; 10-30-2008 at 07:30 AM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read