Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-05-2008   #61
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans in DFW - '08 watch parties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
Anyone meeting in North Dallas for the game? Possibly Plano/Frisco/McKinney area?
You are welcome to join us at either of these locations over the next couple of weeks.

9/7- Pittsburgh we are meeting on McKinney Ave.

http://www.mckinneyavenuetavern.com/The_MAT.html

9/14 Ravens we are meeting od 114 in Grapevine

http://flipsgrill.com/
ArlingtonTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008   #62
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Anyone meeting in North Dallas for the game? Possibly Plano/Frisco/McKinney area?
I'm heading from the NE, A-Tx from the West... the fans I've seen posted here in the past, we're all sides of the metroplex. Come on along for our tour of Dallas sports bars this year.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008   #63
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

McKinney Tavern is a little far for me, about 45 minutes, but I'll try to make it out.

How does it work for Texans games in that place? Do they give us one screen isolated from the rest of the crowd near the bathrooms since we're the enemy?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #64
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
McKinney Tavern is a little far for me, about 45 minutes, but I'll try to make it out.

How does it work for Texans games in that place? Do they give us one screen isolated from the rest of the crowd near the bathrooms since we're the enemy?
Actually, we have not been there yet, so we will get what we can stake out.

Overall, one of the reason we are trying to move around is to find a happy medium on the drives. Ozzo did a map of the people who attended some last year and quite honestly you could have not spread us more out without trying.

I know one thing though there are more Texans fans around these parts. Every cowboys game has a good Texans representation and we need to find away get some of those guys coming to watch. It would be great for us have several places for people to choose.
Old 09-07-2008   #65
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...How does it work for Texans games in that place? Do they give us one screen isolated from the rest of the crowd near the bathrooms since we're the enemy?
I asked them when I called if they'll have the game on - they'll have them all on. Asked if it gets pretty packed and his response was only when the Cowboys are playing... so I think we'll be good.
Old 09-08-2008   #66
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
I asked them when I called if they'll have the game on - they'll have them all on. Asked if it gets pretty packed and his response was only when the Cowboys are playing... so I think we'll be good.
McKinney tavern nice place with fun atmosphere, but the service was worse than the Texans performance. One waitress, who was overwhelmed.
Old 09-08-2008   #67
OzzO
.. and then?

She was like a Mario Williams - all over the place with very little help.

Upcoming is an afternoon game (pending Ike's decision) and I'm camping this weekend - I should be able to make it, but if for some crazy reason I don't - it'll be due to a camping hangover.

Y'all be thinking of the 3rd game location - gotta be a good one since it's against Tennessee.
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2008   #68
ArlingtonTexan

With game moving to Monday, and not available on sunday ticket, looks like the titans game is our next meeting. do we want to just move place we agreed to for this week to the 21st?

BTW, if someone does have a way or place to watch it in DFW speak up and I can probably be there.
Old 09-12-2008   #69
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
The e-mail from the Texans says the game will also be shown on ESPN2
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/new...reply&p=997446

Sounds like the game will be on TV (either DirectTV or ESPN 2)...so who wants to fight the Cowbay fan herds?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #70
OzzO
.. and then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
With game moving to Monday, and not available on sunday ticket, looks like the titans game is our next meeting. do we want to just move place we agreed to for this week to the 21st?....
Cool with me for the Titan game, I was thinking that as well. I'm not up for fighting the cowboy herd.. cowbay as Hoth says..., and if I'm gonna watch a Monday night game (that I can't just walk a few paces to bed when the game is over)... I'd better be taking off Tuesday.
Old 09-18-2008   #71
ArlingtonTexan

Just bumping so that we can confirm flips for this week

9/14 114 in Grapevine

http://flipsgrill.com/
Old 09-19-2008   #72
OzzO
.. and then?

Confirmed - Flips Grill in Grapevine for the Titan game. (friggin Texans better show up for this game).

We can go ahead and start thinking about / agreeing on the next locale for the following Jag game. BWW or Ten Sports Grill perhaps?
Old 09-20-2008   #73
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Confirmed - Flips Grill in Grapevine for the Titan game. (friggin Texans better show up for this game).

We can go ahead and start thinking about / agreeing on the next locale for the following Jag game. BWW or Ten Sports Grill perhaps?
I am ok with either place.
Old 09-21-2008   #74
ArlingtonTexan

Bad game good experience at flips...assuming that it is a return to location at some point. also, a couple of new faces. Even if you are not the posting type we appreciate you gus showing up and making a fun experience.
Old 09-21-2008   #75
OzzO
.. and then?

Yep -Flips moved towards the top of the list, a definte return. Thank your FFL commish for us.
Old 09-21-2008   #76
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1114 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good times had by all, even if we got to watch a loss.
grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #77
OzzO
.. and then?

Hump day - who wants to make the call for the next viewing spot?
Old 09-24-2008   #78
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Hump day - who wants to make the call for the next viewing spot?
Seems like I made a suggestion for the last two, so I am trying not give any input.
Old 09-25-2008   #79
OzzO
.. and then?

Let's do Ten Sports this go around. I don't think Hoth is joining us till Oct, so perhaps we could do BWW in his honor next game.

Dallas has an afternoon game, but I'll confim they'll have the Texans game on. So, Ten Sports for the upcoming Jags game. Time to celebrate a win.
Old 09-25-2008   #80
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1114 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm out this week, but I look forward to weeks to come.
grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read