Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-12-2008   #21
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan fans in DFW - '08 watch parties

Yall had sure pony up and make it to the stadium when we come,

Yea I am calling you out
Old 08-12-2008   #22
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Added another to post #12 / first page to select from.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #23
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Last week with a bit of planning I could've made it out. This weekend I won't be so lucky.

This fall is going to be packed working full time and going at least half time out at UNT. I might be able to make some games this year with some ahead notice and nothing going project wise for school. I've met a bunch of posh sports fans up here in Dallas it's cool when they are winning but otherwise they could care less.

All i need is a heads up on the games and I'l try to make it. It's going to be a tough season for this Texans fan to take up here.Especially since I think this will really be a good year that we have deserved for some time.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #24
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post

Yea I am calling you out
Assuming the postal service does not mess up getting my tickets to me I will be there.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #25
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Added another to post #12 / first page to select from.
There are a lot of really good places on that list. My first thought is to have a moving location since the core group seems to be spread in every possible corner of the metroplex. If we find a place for every week, i would like a more diverse menu and somerthing more comfortable.
Old 08-12-2008   #26
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post

Yea I am calling you out
I'll be there.

Course, I'll be dodging you like the plague.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #27
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Man am I happy I found this site

My wife is from Ft Worth and I spend a lot of time there during the season (especially on away games). I'll keep in touch with ya'll and catch a game with you guys the next time I'm in the DFW. GO TEXANS!

P.S. - I know how much you guys suffer up there around those Cowchunk windbags. Her whole family is full of Jerry's Favorite Losers. Quick, tell me how many times you've heard this line up there - "Ah man, you don't like da boys? Their America's Team. How can you not like America's Team." Makes me won't to spit up and swallow it back down every time I hear it. Hang tough up there fellows
Texan JBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-12-2008   #28
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
There are a lot of really good places on that list. My first thought is to have a moving location since the core group seems to be spread in every possible corner of the metroplex. If we find a place for every week, i would like a more diverse menu and somerthing more comfortable.
Ker's isn't comfortable?

Diversity (especially menu), that's what I was thinking as well. Perhaps a rotation among 4 or so places - maybe West, NW, N, and central Dallas?

Perhaps:

Ker's - Irving (last year's spot)
Twin Peaks / BWW - Lewisville / Coppell
Bone Daddy's / Wizards - Richardson
McKinney Ave Tavern / Ten Sports Grill - uptown / downtown Dallas
and if y'all have another suggestion for the West side

If we did all those, that's 8 - 2 times per year to move around, find one we really like, possibly locate other locations? I'm open to whatever, if there's a preference - post em up, don't be shy. (let you body get loose, you ain't too fat to fly... oops, went off on a The Time tangent). I can set the places early in the week to give the folks a heads up if y'all like.

Maybe this way, we'll decide on the top one(s) for a true home base for next year's SB run?

Welcome Texans JBZ as a previous silver and blue supporter, it doesn't bug me too much (just gotta find those few sensible cowboy fans to be around) Y'all "new relos" just stay tuned to this thread, we'll figure it out. If y'all have a suggestion, post it up.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing this Sat night N.O. game somewhere. Perhaps default to Ker's (my son already asked about going there) if others wanna join up.

Last edited by OzzO; 08-12-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-13-2008   #29
ArlingtonTexan

Ozzo,

The comfortable is that at heart, I am probably a dive/neighborhood bar type. still I enjoy being with Texans fans more than liking the place so much.

Anyway, this weekend wanna give one of the Dallas city place a shot?
Old 08-13-2008   #30
OzzO
.. and then?

I'm good with the dive type - as long as it's got a good tv screen and great fans. Whatever y'all want to hit (are you talking one of the uptown / downtown Dallas locations?) any other nominations by say, tomorrow evening to make sure we're set?

A-Tx, if you're talking one of those locations, I think Ten Sports looks more our "style" from the website.

I think Dallas has a Sat night game as well (v. Denver) so dpending on where we go - possibly may not get the "big screen".
Old 08-15-2008   #31
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
I'm good with the dive type - as long as it's got a good tv screen and great fans. Whatever y'all want to hit (are you talking one of the uptown / downtown Dallas locations?) any other nominations by say, tomorrow evening to make sure we're set?

A-Tx, if you're talking one of those locations, I think Ten Sports looks more our "style" from the website.

I think Dallas has a Sat night game as well (v. Denver) so dpending on where we go - possibly may not get the "big screen".
Have we settled any plans for Saturday?
Old 08-16-2008   #32
OzzO
.. and then?

Nah, but I'm thinking to get this season statred and possibly discuss plans for the season, let's hit the Ker's - Dallas from last season (may have a better chance to get a tv especially with Dallas playing at the same time). You alirght with that?

Perhaps ChrisR and TexJBZ can meet up - that seemed to be the only othe rpossiblities this go around (though if any others, that's obviously fine as well).

A-Tx, I'll PM you my cell if you wanna contact me that way.
Old 08-16-2008   #33
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Nah, but I'm thinking to get this season statred and possibly discuss plans for the season, let's hit the Ker's - Dallas from last season (may have a better chance to get a tv especially with Dallas playing at the same time). You alirght with that?

Perhaps ChrisR and TexJBZ can meet up - that seemed to be the only othe rpossiblities this go around (though if any others, that's obviously fine as well).

A-Tx, I'll PM you my cell if you wanna contact me that way.

i left my cell on your PM also, but Ker's is fine. We have discussed the issues with the place, but it is harmless enough and a good default location if we find nothing else works.
Old 08-16-2008   #34
OzzO
.. and then?

Cool. I'll bring the map with alternate locations and approximate locations of fellow DFW Texan fans.
Old 08-17-2008   #35
OzzO
.. and then?

Well, A-Tx (and Mrs. A-Tx) and I found out that there is a "pre-season" package that is seperate from the NFL regular season package - so after trying Ker's then Humperdink's we stopped our quest to watch the Saint game.... now to find the replay.

We have basically 2 weeks to figure out any additional spots, especially on the West side of Dallas (the places I located tended to be central Dallas and between 75 and 35E).
Old 08-19-2008   #36
ArlingtonTexan

In terms of Arlington, there is that first ker's we went to. Also, there is NO Frills Grill located off 20 and another in fort Worth. The one closest to me, in is Mansfield but that would be getting off the beaten path a bit.
Old 08-19-2008   #37
OzzO
.. and then?

I'm good with any of them. I would say go for the more centralized ones and if more Texan-DFW fans start emerging from all points, we'll possibly start going to rotating extreme locations. Hence, the reason I kinda nixed some of the suggestions on the 1st page and focused more on the red font ones.
Old 08-19-2008   #38
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

So who's all going to the game?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #39
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
So who's all going to the game?
going
Old 08-19-2008   #40
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read