Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texan fans in DFW - '08 watch parties

OzzO

.. and then?
Alright - instead of bumping last year's version.... what's the scoop? We have the first preseason game coming up this Saturday night (home v. Denver). I know I didn't get a chance (or remember) to look for alternate locations. Did anyone else find central spots?

As for this Saturday - anyone in for watching this one at a location of choice? Perhaps Ker's for now till we find other solutions?

this was the exact thread I was looking for. I just moved to Downtown Ft. Worth. I had season tix the last 5 yrs! But had to give them up AND move here. I don't know of any places here yet its only been 2 weeks. But without NFL ticket i will be in desperate need of a place to watch the games. I will keep up with this thread to see where the games will be watched.
I guess I am no longer in the yellow:aggressive:

Chris, sounds like my position last year - I had season tickets since day one and tailgated in blue. Then last year I moved up to DFW - NE side and it's just not the same as tailgating and a live game, but it is good to find a close second with some fellow fans.

Once a few of the regular locals wake up (Hoth, A-Tx, p-neck, shoot - guerilla and rvguy - where the heck have y'all been?), we'll figure out a place. Last year I think we got burnt out on Ker's every week, but after an offseason - at least till we figure out alternatives, some wings and such doesn't sound too bad. We went to the Winghouse of Dallas since it was a central location.

We looked at the web site and I must say what a horrible place that must be......... wife noo loonger looookiiiiing.......WOW I will be there everyday game on or not! JK. Location seems great.

I'll still only make an occasional appearance. I mean, I made... hmm... oh, yeah, ONE appearance last year. :texflag:

But it was Carolina and that was fun.

I'll be going to the preseason game with the Cowgirls and I HAD to go to the first Monday Night Game EVAR in Reliant. :kingkong:

And I will unfortunately be in Italy opening weekend. :gun:

Other than that, it's just going to depend. We're probably going to be moving from Flower Mound to Ponder which puts me a little further out. I'll probably come out if I get a situation like the Carolina game where I dropped my wife off at the airport and then swung by the watch party. But I've got no real preference on where it happens.

We looked at the web site and I must say what a horrible place that must be......... wife noo loonger looookiiiiing.......WOW I will be there everyday game on or not! JK. Location seems great.

Ha. Yeah, it's like a Hooters - but it doesn't take away too much from the game.

P-neck, we'll see ya when we see ya then.

I guess all my fellow Texan bretheren in DFW have turned to the silver and blue to worship mummies and Jessica Simpson's bish.

... yeah, I'm calling y'all out.

I guess all my fellow Texan bretheren in DFW have turned to the silver and blue to worship mummies and Jessica Simpson's bish.

... yeah, I'm calling y'all out.

Dude, that's not cool.

I'm not sure how available I'll be this fall. My youngest start flag football and my oldest will be playing tackle yet again. I'll probably be good for the Oct games, as I will be coming from work.

IF we can somewhere other then Ker's I might become more available.

Heh - I knew that'd get someone's attention.

Hey, if any of y'all know of alternate sports bar central locations, I'm all open for that. (I'm still realtively new to the city.)

Guess I better start googling.

Buffalo Wild Wings opened the first of their newly redesigned locations in Irving recently (It's a 635 and MacArthur roughly).

http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/stories/2004/10/25/daily29.html

The Irving restaurant is 6,000 square feet, with 240 seats indoors and 36 seats on the patio. There is also a new lounge area located between the bar and the family-orientated dining sections. The restaurant has more than 50 TV.

Looks impressive from the outside.

Hmm... I'm down for that for an alternative (though it's chicken again).

Would y'all want to hit that this Saturday or start off with Ker's till we get the gameplan? It'd be real nice to have one or a couple of "home base".

Alright you slackers. In addition to Ker's, here's some suggestions...

Twin Peaks - Arlington
Bone Daddy's - Dallas though I can't tell if they have the games there.
Wizard's Sports cafe - Richardson - 2nd WIN Det home game, good size and pool tables
Buffalo Wild Wings - Irving, Addison, Lewisville - Indy home game in Irving, good place.

... the search continues. Let me know if any (or all) of those meet your fancy. And where the heck is A-Tx?

Found a few more alternatives listed in the '07 DFW watch party thread.

Big Johnson's beer garden - Dallas
Buffalo Joes - Dallas - Browns game - WIN, good "strip center" sports bar
TNT Sports Page - Addison though this seems to be Viking fans homebase
Frankie's Bar - uptown Dallas - 3rd WIN in a row! Cincinnati home game - better than MAT, packed with 'boy fans
Varsity Club - Plano

some more...
Bailey's 1st & 10 - Highland Park
Industry Bar - Richardson
McKinney Ave Tavern - uptown Dallas - Pit game, good place, but you'd think more than one waitress for Sundays
Ten Sports Grill - downtown dallas - Jag away game - good place, but all the smoking Saint fans go there
Wild Turkey- Dallas

Others suggested / found.....
Cafe Gecko - Addison
Ker's Wing House - Dallas Miami home game - 1st WIN (good juju)
Texan Station - Grapevine
Flips Grill - Grapevine - Titan away game, good food and service. 2nd visit - Min away
Bobby V - Arlington
No Frills - Arlington

edit - we're gonna hit some 2nd go arounds, those will be highlighted. I'll start bolding the upcoming game for perhaps easier scanning. Revised the red spots to places that seemed to be most enjoyable if we want to rehit those.

Last edited:
Added some more to the list above (perhaps to keep the list on the first page). Based off noting where people lived in the '07 thread and these locations, see if we can't come up with something central - perhaps permanent home base or rotating among a few...

Edit, looks like those are N Dallas - ranging from Irving and Carollton on the West side to Richardson and Plano on the East side. Then from what I can gather.... Hoth and P-neck on the NW side, ChrisR and A-Tx on the West side, DallasTx up North, I'm in NE and TexansSB07 on the East side... so, yeah - we're all over.

Yeesh.

Last call - 2 hours before the game. Anyone wanna meet up? I'm in NE Dallas, so we don't need to do the "offical spot" as of yet - like there is one.

Any early plans for this week's game? Another Sat night game - depending on response, either I'll check on one for the group or I'll head to one close by my area.

Any early plans for this week's game? Another Sat night game - depending on response, either I'll check on one for the group or I'll head to one close by my area.

I have no idea how I missed this thread last week, but I would not have been able to go as we had dinner plans with another couple. Probably OK for this Saturday, but it might be a MRS. AT tagalong night as she is out of town this week and will want to unwind.

Let me look at the list and see what looks interesting.

Sweet - glad to have y'all back around. Seems we have another in our midst, ChrisR from Ft.W - we gotta impress him... for a little bit anyway till he buys a few rounds.

:shades:

I'm a definite no go this week. Between football weight ins and my oldest's birthday I'm thinking my Sat. is already packed.

Last week with a bit of planning I could've made it out. This weekend I won't be so lucky.

This fall is going to be packed working full time and going at least half time out at UNT. I might be able to make some games this year with some ahead notice and nothing going project wise for school. I've met a bunch of posh sports fans up here in Dallas it's cool when they are winning but otherwise they could care less.

All i need is a heads up on the games and I'l try to make it. It's going to be a tough season for this Texans fan to take up here.Especially since I think this will really be a good year that we have deserved for some time.

Added another to post #12 / first page to select from.

There are a lot of really good places on that list. My first thought is to have a moving location since the core group seems to be spread in every possible corner of the metroplex. If we find a place for every week, i would like a more diverse menu and somerthing more comfortable.

Man am I happy I found this site :doot:

My wife is from Ft Worth and I spend a lot of time there during the season (especially on away games). I'll keep in touch with ya'll and catch a game with you guys the next time I'm in the DFW. GO TEXANS! :texflag:

P.S. - I know how much you guys suffer up there around those Cowchunk windbags. Her whole family is full of Jerry's Favorite Losers. Quick, tell me how many times you've heard this line up there - "Ah man, you don't like da boys? Their America's Team. How can you not like America's Team." Makes me won't to spit up and swallow it back down every time I hear it. Hang tough up there fellows :fans:

There are a lot of really good places on that list. My first thought is to have a moving location since the core group seems to be spread in every possible corner of the metroplex. If we find a place for every week, i would like a more diverse menu and somerthing more comfortable.

Ker's isn't comfortable?
:cool:
Diversity (especially menu), that's what I was thinking as well. Perhaps a rotation among 4 or so places - maybe West, NW, N, and central Dallas?

Perhaps:

Ker's - Irving (last year's spot)
Twin Peaks / BWW - Lewisville / Coppell
Bone Daddy's / Wizards - Richardson
McKinney Ave Tavern / Ten Sports Grill - uptown / downtown Dallas
and if y'all have another suggestion for the West side

If we did all those, that's 8 - 2 times per year to move around, find one we really like, possibly locate other locations? I'm open to whatever, if there's a preference - post em up, don't be shy. (let you body get loose, you ain't too fat to fly... oops, went off on a The Time tangent). I can set the places early in the week to give the folks a heads up if y'all like.

Maybe this way, we'll decide on the top one(s) for a true home base for next year's SB run?

Welcome Texans JBZ as a previous silver and blue supporter, it doesn't bug me too much (just gotta find those few sensible cowboy fans to be around) Y'all "new relos" just stay tuned to this thread, we'll figure it out. If y'all have a suggestion, post it up.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing this Sat night N.O. game somewhere. Perhaps default to Ker's (my son already asked about going there) if others wanna join up.

Ozzo,

The comfortable is that at heart, I am probably a dive/neighborhood bar type. still I enjoy being with Texans fans more than liking the place so much.

Anyway, this weekend wanna give one of the Dallas city place a shot?

I'm good with the dive type - as long as it's got a good tv screen and great fans. Whatever y'all want to hit (are you talking one of the uptown / downtown Dallas locations?) any other nominations by say, tomorrow evening to make sure we're set?

A-Tx, if you're talking one of those locations, I think Ten Sports looks more our "style" from the website.

I think Dallas has a Sat night game as well (v. Denver) so dpending on where we go - possibly may not get the "big screen".

I'm good with the dive type - as long as it's got a good tv screen and great fans. Whatever y'all want to hit (are you talking one of the uptown / downtown Dallas locations?) any other nominations by say, tomorrow evening to make sure we're set?

A-Tx, if you're talking one of those locations, I think Ten Sports looks more our "style" from the website.

I think Dallas has a Sat night game as well (v. Denver) so dpending on where we go - possibly may not get the "big screen".

Have we settled any plans for Saturday?

Nah, but I'm thinking to get this season statred and possibly discuss plans for the season, let's hit the Ker's - Dallas from last season (may have a better chance to get a tv especially with Dallas playing at the same time). You alirght with that?

Perhaps ChrisR and TexJBZ can meet up - that seemed to be the only othe rpossiblities this go around (though if any others, that's obviously fine as well).

A-Tx, I'll PM you my cell if you wanna contact me that way.

Nah, but I'm thinking to get this season statred and possibly discuss plans for the season, let's hit the Ker's - Dallas from last season (may have a better chance to get a tv especially with Dallas playing at the same time). You alirght with that?

Perhaps ChrisR and TexJBZ can meet up - that seemed to be the only othe rpossiblities this go around (though if any others, that's obviously fine as well).

A-Tx, I'll PM you my cell if you wanna contact me that way.

i left my cell on your PM also, but Ker's is fine. We have discussed the issues with the place, but it is harmless enough and a good default location if we find nothing else works.

Cool. I'll bring the map with alternate locations and approximate locations of fellow DFW Texan fans.

Well, A-Tx (and Mrs. A-Tx) and I found out that there is a "pre-season" package that is seperate from the NFL regular season package - so after trying Ker's then Humperdink's we stopped our quest to watch the Saint game.... now to find the replay.

We have basically 2 weeks to figure out any additional spots, especially on the West side of Dallas (the places I located tended to be central Dallas and between 75 and 35E).

In terms of Arlington, there is that first ker's we went to. Also, there is NO Frills Grill located off 20 and another in fort Worth. The one closest to me, in is Mansfield but that would be getting off the beaten path a bit.

I'm good with any of them. I would say go for the more centralized ones and if more Texan-DFW fans start emerging from all points, we'll possibly start going to rotating extreme locations. Hence, the reason I kinda nixed some of the suggestions on the 1st page and focused more on the red font ones.

In terms of Arlington, there is that first ker's we went to. Also, there is NO Frills Grill located off 20 and another in fort Worth. The one closest to me, in is Mansfield but that would be getting off the beaten path a bit.

forgot about Bobby V's also right off 20 in arlington.

T minus 1 week (or so) till Sept 7 noon regular season start. What spot y'all wanna hit first?

I'll call the MAT this afternoon and verify they have the Texan game showing, if family / kid friendly, and if there are any specials.

I've added a few more to post #12 including Bobby V's and No Frills (good LAWD those are way out there... well, from me anyway) Also came across a place called Texan Station in Grapevine as a possbility - also posted that one in post 12.

"Texan Station".... it's like it was meant to be.
:texflag:

I'll call the MAT this afternoon and verify they have the Texan game showing, if family / kid friendly, and if there are any specials.

I've added a few more to post #12 including Bobby V's and No Frills (good LAWD those are way out there... well, from me anyway) Also came across a place called Texan Station in Grapevine as a possbility - also posted that one in post 12.

"Texan Station".... it's like it was meant to be.
:texflag:

I have been to the Gaylord property (Texan Station)and its really nice. Fairly sure that I had a couple drinks at that bar. Think a little on the pricey side.

Yeah, we are on opposite ends of the metroplex so anything that is really close to one or the other is getting pretty far out. Thinking that the places you have listed before are going to be the most central for everyone. I know I am fine with easy 25-30 mile drive on a Sunday.

Not to be an ass, but just pick a place, any place, and go watch the game..... if there are other Texans fans there, great, if not, then start the party up !!
My lord, there are hundreds of sports bars around, pick a place close to home and go enjoy the game, regardless of who's all there !!
Go Texans !! :texflag:

Hasn't this decision been going on for over a year :jogger: Maybe have two watch party groups the ones for the Ft. Worth/Arlington area and the others for Dallas/Mesquite/Addison/Plano, Richardson area :thinking:

blah blah blah.... and when y'all come out to watch a game with us, then you can have the right to be a hobie... I mean an ass.
:shades:

Last season we stuck with Ker's - good place, but chicken every Sunday was a bit much. So far we haven't had an overwhelming response with the DFW Texan fans, so our tiny little group is trying to find some good, central locations thankyouverymuch.

Now, after that RUDE interruption (just messin)... Called the MAT - they're showing the game and are kid / family friendly. See y'all at this location for the 1st game 'o the season.

My mother use to fry chicken every Sunday god I miss that!!!

Glad, you found a central location :hobie:

Back