Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-04-2008   #1
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ryan Krause????

Just read this on Chron.com and wondered why I havent heard anything about him. I haven't had alot of opportunities to get on 610 online, but when I do they are really just covering the usual suspects. I know Kubes likes TE's so does Krause look to make the team?

One to watch

Ryan Krause

Tight end

At 6-3 and 244 pounds, Ryan Krause is working to try to fit himself into the tight end rotation this season. Krause, a fourth-year veteran out of Nebraska-Omaha, had his best season last year when he appeared in nine games for the Packers.

Krause, who spent his first three seasons in San Diego, was signed in the offseason by the Texans to fill the void left by the departure of veteran Jeb Putzier, who was released in the offseason. The Texans considered trying him at fullback as well but plan to keep him at tight end at this point.

“He’s an athletic kid, can make plays in the pass game and has been a surprise in the run game,” coach Gary Kubiak said. “We’ll give him a lot of reps in the preseason and see how he does.”
Old 08-04-2008   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ryan Krause????

I actually posted about him after the first weekend of practice. To me, he looked very good, pulling down almost everything thrown at him. The past few practices he wasn't thrown to as much.

IMO, Krause > Bruener

Old 08-04-2008   #3
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I actually posted about him after the first weekend of practice. To me, he looked very good, pulling down almost everything thrown at him. The past few practices he wasn't thrown to as much.

IMO, Krause > Bruener

Bruener is strictly a blocking TE, nasically an additiional OL lined up at TE, so how does Kruase's blocking technique look? If he is a pass catching TE he is competeing against Dressen not Bruener.
Old 08-04-2008   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Bruener is strictly a blocking TE, nasically an additiional OL lined up at TE, so how does Kruase's blocking technique look? If he is a pass catching TE he is competeing against Dressen not Bruener.
Yeah, I understand Bruener's a blocking TE, but we also know Kubiak likes players with versatility. With OD and the others improving their blocking skills (especially in the ZBS) it'll make Bruener the odd man out.

I guess we'll take the wait and see approach, but if Kubiak was satisfied with what he had I don't think Krause would've been brought in to begin with.

Just my .02
Old 08-04-2008   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really know anything about him but he has his work cut out if he's going to make the team.

Daniels is a given to be the starter.

Dreesen seems to be a good and young backup... has the Colorado State connection and I think can play fullback if we're in a real big pinch (ie Leach, Cook, Taylor? can't perform).

Bruener is a guy all the players and coaches love. He's won the spirit of the bull award 3 straight years (voted by team members- goes to the person who best exemplifies character, leadership, and sportsmanship). He his in his like 15th season or so but does run blocking and I think plays mostly on special teams.

Krause will have to play well on special teams to make the team.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read