Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-03-2008   #1
stiff
Rookie

Default Good Article on AJ from Sporting News

Good Read on AJ... For the 9 games he played last year he was #1 in yds/game and receptions/game. He ranked 3rd in TDs/game. Unlike the TOs, CJs etc Johnson lets his game do the talking that we all know.

Good to see him and the Texans getting some good pub.
http://today.sportingnews.com/sporti...20080803/?pg=6

Thanks I have corrected the Link

Last edited by stiff; 08-04-2008 at 02:44 PM. Reason: edited link
stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #2
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Good Article on AJ from Sporting News

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiff View Post
Good Read on AJ... For the 9 games he played last year he was #1 in yds/game and receptions/game. He ranked 3rd in TDs/game. Unlike the TOs, CJs etc Johnson lets his game do the talking that we all know.

Good to see him and the Texans getting some good pub.
http://today.sportingnews.com/sporti...pg=6&cookies=1
Link's no good.

I love me some AJ and hope to draft him in my FF league, but I'm pretty certain those stats aren't accurate. He was #1 in yds/game, but third in rec/game (behind Welker and Housh) and fifth (behind Moss, Owens, Edwards, and Jennings) in TDs/game.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Link's no good.

I love me some AJ and hope to draft him in my FF league, but I'm pretty certain those stats aren't accurate. He was #1 in yds/game, but third in rec/game (behind Welker and Housh) and fifth (behind Moss, Owens, Edwards, and Jennings) in TDs/game.
I think they're just comparing the weeks that they all played. So, cutting out the 7 weeks that AJ missed... for EVERYONE... who played best in those remaining 9 games.

But that's just an assumption on my part.

EDIT: Oh, and you CAN get to the link if you remove the &cookies=1 from the link.
EDIT #2: And my assumption was wrong, so nevermind this entire post.

Last edited by The Pencil Neck; 08-03-2008 at 10:11 PM.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #4
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think they're just comparing the weeks that they all played. So, cutting out the 7 weeks that AJ missed... for EVERYONE... who played best in those remaining 9 games.

But that's just an assumption on my part.

EDIT: Oh, and you CAN get to the link if you remove the &cookies=1 from the link.
EDIT #2: And my assumption was wrong, so nevermind this entire post.
How in the world did the writer/editor fail to notice the 112 receptions Welker and Houshmandzadeh caught last year?

112/16 = 7, and 7 > 6.7
Old 08-03-2008   #5
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

This link : http://today.sportingnews.com/sporti...20080803/?pg=6

That will work .

Its a good piece, just a few oversights . Thanks for the link .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #6
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
This link : http://today.sportingnews.com/sporti...20080803/?pg=6

That will work .

Its a good piece, just a few oversights . Thanks for the link .

Yeah, that link worked. Thanks. It was a good read and I'm just so glad we have the kind of players we do. I don't much care for the "hot dogs." If you know what I mean.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #7
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
In order to understand stats, it helps to read the accompanying text:

"The NFL's top five wide receivers in total yards in 2007 - Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Terrell Owens - all played at least 15 games, compared with only nine for Houston's Andre Johnson. Based on per-game averages though, Johnson clearly belonged in their company."
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-04-2008   #8
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

You've gotta respect a man who goes out and posts the kind of numbers AJ does, yet is so quiet and unassuming in his nature. I love it. His humility and class are a refreshing change from the "hot dogs" in the league. AJ, may you have your best year ever and stay healthy. Please. The Texans are blessed in having so many classy players. Kubes and Smith have done a great job recruiting players who have a "team first" mindset. I believe this will be our best season ever. Go Texans!
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

He points to Chad and TO as doing their flashy stuff as an entertaining the fans.

Personally, I find AJ catching the ball extremely entertaining.
Old 08-04-2008   #10
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange View Post
In order to understand stats, it helps to read the accompanying text:

"The NFL's top five wide receivers in total yards in 2007 - Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Terrell Owens - all played at least 15 games, compared with only nine for Houston's Andre Johnson. Based on per-game averages though, Johnson clearly belonged in their company."
Maybe you should practice what you preach. My post made it clear that I couldn't read the accompanying text because the link wasn't working.
Old 08-04-2008   #11
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Good Article on AJ from Sporting News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
He points to Chad and TO as doing their flashy stuff as an entertaining the fans.

Agreed! Especially in the end zone
Old 08-04-2008   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The thing about AJ is that he looks so fluid and graceful. It's almost like he's jogging and it's effortless for him but he's flying by all the defenders. I think Dre is one of the most fascinating players to watch in the entire league.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Followed by him running down the field for a TD.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read