Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-03-2008   #1
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 21898 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default There's Football on TV Tonight.....

http://www.nfl.com/schedules#Week
Sun, Aug 03 Time (EST) IND @ WAS 8:00 PM Tickets NBC

THERE'S MF FOOTBALL ON TV TONIGHT!!!
http://www.imeem.com/people/fmcdx_T/...usic_playlist/
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: There's Football on TV Tonight.....

yay! i'll be able to watch about a quarter of play because it's preseason and i don't know any of the players, but it's better than nothing!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's see...Indy and Washington....Oooh, I can see uh...did the Colts sign any rookies yet? Oh yeah, there's Colt Brennan.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #4
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

can't really get hyped until at least week 3 of the preseason, but that doesn't mean i won't be watching LOL
Old 08-03-2008   #5
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104197 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorgi!
Sorgi!
Sorgi!

How does he still have a job?
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #6
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

i wanna see the green dot on a defender's helmet,

1st time ever

oh and Addai is being looked already
Old 08-03-2008   #7
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

They sure like Clark.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-03-2008   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

That has to be about the 5th toss to Clark on the opening drive.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

While I'm happy that the unofficial start of the season is here, anything more than 3 preseason games in this day and age [almost year-round conditioning and weight program, minicamps, OTA, and training camp] is pretty much a waste and unnecessary risk to player health.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Sorgi!
Sorgi!
Sorgi!

How does he still have a job?

How hard is it to hold a clipboard ?

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorgi has some pretty nice stats for a bakup. Im surprised he hasn't tried to start somewhere else in the league

Career 61.4% completion percentage
6 times as many TDs as INTs
Rating of 90+
Old 08-04-2008   #12
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: There's Football on TV Tonight.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
While I'm happy that the unofficial start of the season is here, anything more than 3 preseason games in this day and age [almost year-round conditioning and weight program, minicamps, OTA, and training camp] is pretty much a waste and unnecessary risk to player health.
Agreed. Well played game IMO, considering it was the first preseason game (except for the bad snap by the Colts center).
Old 08-04-2008   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Hefty Lefty isn't just a lardass, he's a horrible QB.

Gray looked good

All of the Skins QB's looked good

H.O.F game should be included in the 1st pre-season weekend. 5 preseason games =
Old 08-04-2008   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Hefty Lefty isn't just a lardass, he's a horrible QB.

Gray looked good

All of the Skins QB's looked good

H.O.F game should be included in the 1st pre-season weekend. 5 preseason games =
I was impressed with Colt Brennan. Yes it was a preseason game against backups and he lacks prototypical size- but the guy made perfect throw after perfect throw. I think it was a great 6th round pick and the guy should make a good solid back up QB in the league. That's something we've come to find out is more important than it seems.

I didn't get to see too much of the game. How'd the rookie WR's look for the Redskins? Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly.

I look forward to seeing Alex Brink get some playing time. I hav'nt seen much of him in College like I have of Brennan.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I was impressed with Colt Brennan. Yes it was a preseason game against backups and he lacks prototypical size- but the guy made perfect throw after perfect throw. I think it was a great 6th round pick and the guy should make a good solid back up QB in the league. That's something we've come to find out is more important than it seems.

I didn't get to see too much of the game. How'd the rookie WR's look for the Redskins? Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly.

I look forward to seeing Alex Brink get some playing time. I hav'nt seen much of him in College like I have of Brennan.
I agree Ole Miss, Brennan was impressive at times. His deep balls were very precise. His throwing motion isn't very pretty, but he got the job done. Albeit against the 2's and 3's.

Thomas and Kelly were not on the field. I think they said it was hamstring issues. Their second round TE looked good.
Old 08-04-2008   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Mike Hart looked good for the Colts. There was so much talk about how he's not going to ever be a stud RB in the pros and that he's had so much wear and tear in college. But one thing I've learned from Smith and Kubiak this past year or so, is that they can make the most out of late round picks and no name free agents. Look at our RB's now in Walker and Taylor. I am extremely happy with how these last two drafts turned out and am looking forward for more to come. I still don't think Hart is going to be outstanding but the guy is a BIG competitor and I'm convinced he easily would have made this team (6th round pick).

I really don't know what my point is, I guess I'm just excited that football has finally started. AND that I think as a team, we're still trying to build SOLID depth at virtually every position so some more trade downs in the draft would be good.

All in all, Hart and Brennan were two great 6th round picks.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #17
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

It was nice to have football to wager on again. This one was free money..lol
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #18
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post

I think Brennan looked good technically. Jim Zorn looks like a good coach. On that note, I'd like to see Brink too, so if anyone has an extra ticket
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #19
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104197 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Fred Davis is a beast!

Go Trojans!

I'm still waiting to see John David win the starting job in preseason. If not, he'll be starting before the year is out
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

FYI , Cards and Saints play tonight on ESPN at 7.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read