Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-20-2004   #1
Aussie_rams_fan
Rookie

Default Houston playoff bound

I think that the hoston texans will make the playoffs this year. their d is good their qb is very good, as is their RB. two good young wr's. it doesnt matter if they win in the playoffs, just that they make it. they r young. if they make it this year, next year, they will know a litlle bit more about playoff football, and go even further
Aussie_rams_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #2
texansfan88
All Pro

gday mate

Unfortunately, we're not going to the playoffs so why dont you just throw another shrimp on the barbie
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #3
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
gday mate

Unfortunately, we're not going to the playoffs so why dont you just throw another shrimp on the barbie
LoL, i didn't want to say anything.
Old 12-20-2004   #4
Aussie_rams_fan
Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
gday mate

they r making it, ill go on record on saying it right now. MODS AND EVERYONE ELSE, TEXANS WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS
Old 12-20-2004   #5
Aussie_rams_fan
Rookie

Congrats for being the 666th person who has said that to me in my life. Go eat another cow, drink beer and hit your wife u texan LOL. only jokin
Old 12-20-2004   #6
Billboy
waterboy

Default He's Australian and he worships the devil

PLease dont put a "hex" on football.

Hey what time is it over there. You can see into tomorrow right? Can I contact you on Saturday so I can put some football bets in...........
Billboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #7
Aussie_rams_fan
Rookie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billboy
PLease dont put a "hex" on football.

Hey what time is it over there. You can see into tomorrow right? Can I contact you on Saturday so I can put some football bets in...........
Its 3 pm ova here on the 21st of december, wat time ova ther. I can see into the future, and the future says............HOUSTON IN PLAYOFFS
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2004   #8
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_rams_fan
Its 3 pm ova here on the 21st of december, wat time ova ther. I can see into the future, and the future says............HOUSTON IN PLAYOFFS
Lm@o i like the way you think, i seriously doubt it, but with the austrians on our side we might have a chance LoL. Assuming all helll breaks lose in the rest of the leauge. And it still might not be possible i think.
Old 12-20-2004   #9
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually we are still alive...we would have to win out and Jacksonville would have to lose their last 2 as well as the Ravens, Broncos and Bills. If we win this weekend we own the tiebreaker over the Jags. It is possible the Broncs lose their last 2 they way they have been playing. And the Ravens hae to play the Steelers this weekend. The Bills play the Steelers in 2 weeks and didn't we beat them earlier this year? We do have the easiest last 2 games in the the AFC.

AFC PLAYOFF SEEDING
Division leaders
Team W-L Div. Conf. Remaining Schedule
1. STEELERS y 13-1 4-1 9-1 Ravens (8-6), @Bills (8-6) = 16-12 (.571)
2. PATRIOTS y 12-1 4-0 9-1 @Dolphins (2-11), @Jets (10-4), 49ers (2-12) = 14-27 (.341)
3. CHARGERS y 11-3 4-1 8-2 @Colts (11-3), Chiefs (6-8) = 17-11 (.607)
4. COLTS y 11-3 5-1 7-3 Chargers (11-3), @Broncos (8-6) = 19-9 (.679)
Wild-Card teams
5. JETS 10-4 3-2 7-4 Patriots (12-1), @Rams (6-8) = 18-9 (.667)
6. JAGUARS 8-6 2-3 5-5 Texans (6-8), @Raiders (5-9) = 11-17 (.393)
Still Alive
7. RAVENS 8-6 3-2 5-5 @Steelers (13-1), Dolphins (2-11) = 15-13 (.536)
8. BRONCOS 8-6 3-3 5-5 @Titans (4-10), Colts (11-3) = 14-14 (.500)
9. BILLS 8-6 3-3 5-6 @49ers (2-12), Steelers (13-1) = 15-13 (.536)
10. TEXANS 6-8 3-2 5-5 @ Jaguars (8-6), Browns (3-11) = 11-17 (.393)
11. CHIEFS 6-8 2-2 5-5 Raiders (5-9), @Chargers (11-3) = 16-12 (.571)
Tiebreakers
Old 12-20-2004   #10
Aussie_rams_fan
Rookie

Told ya, told ya
Old 12-20-2004   #11
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Broncos lose the next two, they finish 8-8. If we win the next two, we finish 8-8. The Broncos beat us and hold the tie breaker. It does not matter what the Bills or Jags do; I think we are officially mathematically eliminated.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004   #12
mes311
Rookie

Smile

We would be right in the middle of things if we were in the sorry NFC.
mes311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #13
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

I still don't think we're ready for the playoffs, but stranger things have happened...LOL....Look at Miami...Who would have thought....But i loved it..... It made a true believer out of me that anything is possible.....
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #14
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
If the Broncos lose the next two, they finish 8-8. If we win the next two, we finish 8-8. The Broncos beat us and hold the tie breaker. It does not matter what the Bills or Jags do; I think we are officially mathematically eliminated.
Head to head tiebreakers (except for head to head 'sweep' which isn't applicable in this case) go out the window when more than two teams from different divisions are involved. Conference record takes over in this case. The reason the Texans are mathmetically alive is because they would finish 7-5 in conference if they won out and would have a better conference record than any of the current 8-6 teams if they all lost their last two games. Not very likely at all but it is possible.

Last edited by aj.; 12-21-2004 at 07:53 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #15
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

This isn't the NFC you know....
Old 12-21-2004   #16
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I will go on record as saying, there is no way the Texans will win their next 2 games, while the Ravens, Jags, Broncs, and Bills lose their last 2.

Dever vs. Tennessee and Indy.
Baltimore vs. Pitt and Miami.
Buffalo vs. San Fran and Pitt.
J'ville vs. Houston and Oakland.

Bold teams are teams with losing records.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #17
MichaelMC
Rookie

I say if Miami can beat NE anything is possible even a Texan playoff game. very unlikely though. I see the Jets and the Bills getting the wildcard.
MichaelMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Time # 5134573489671987

All I wants for Xmas is 8-8
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #19
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that Baltimore will get the last wild card spot. They always seem to tough it out in the end.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #20
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I just dont see an 8-8 team making the playoffs in the AFC this year.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read