Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-02-2008   #1
pittbull3
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 pittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden cover
Default O-Line getting love & respect

It's funny. I've ben going to training camps since I can remember. And, whether it be in Pittsburgh or now Houston, I have never seen the big guys get so much love. It's amazing what the NFL draft can do. Fans are following the every move of the O-line, looking to see what Duane Brown is going to be like. Looking at Alex Gibbs new system, and looking for how the run game will transform. Then after practice, the O-line was the only guys left on the field Thursday night signing autographs. I talked with my buddy on the team and he responded " hey, the big guys like getting love to and we gotta make ourselves recognizable". But, I think it is more the fans this year, reaching out and wantinng to meet the trench guys too. Good job Houston fans, not just supporting the "super stars", such as Johnon, Williams, Ryans, Schaud, and Robinson, but also looking out for the Unit! Brown, Pitts, Myers, Briesel, Winston, Frye, Weary, Studdard, Salaam, etc....The on-field guys ready to Protect & Serve!
pittbull3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #2
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O-Line getting love & respect

Gotta luv the O-line

I made 3 training camps and that was my focus, watching the line matchups. My son played o-line over the last 4 years in HS and I got an education watching him play. But I did hear a lot of buzz in the stands about the line and many people made the trip over to the far field to watch the "big uglies" or "fat fools" (just a couple of the lovely nicknames for linemen ) in action.
Old 08-02-2008   #3
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Eric Winston has been one of my favs since his rookie season. I met him at All Access and he was one of the FEW that bothered to look up and acknowledge who he was signing an autograph for, which just happened to be my granddaughter. She was wearing a pink TEXAN jersey and he told her how cute she looked. Wanted to know where we got it because he wanted to get one for his girlfriend. Just general chit-chat, but, he took the time to do it. We later saw him in the tunnel and he remembered my granddaughter and spoke to us again. A really nice guy.

Since our OL has had their woes for six years now, it's nice to see them come together. I just have a feeling this is gonna be a great year for Eric, and the entire OL.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull3 View Post
It's funny. I've ben going to training camps since I can remember. And, whether it be in Pittsburgh or now Houston, I have never seen the big guys get so much love. It's amazing what the NFL draft can do. Fans are following the every move of the O-line, looking to see what Duane Brown is going to be like. Looking at Alex Gibbs new system, and looking for how the run game will transform. Then after practice, the O-line was the only guys left on the field Thursday night signing autographs. I talked with my buddy on the team and he responded " hey, the big guys like getting love to and we gotta make ourselves recognizable". But, I think it is more the fans this year, reaching out and wantinng to meet the trench guys too. Good job Houston fans, not just supporting the "super stars", such as Johnon, Williams, Ryans, Schaud, and Robinson, but also looking out for the Unit! Brown, Pitts, Myers, Briesel, Winston, Frye, Weary, Studdard, Salaam, etc....The on-field guys ready to Protect & Serve!
Good stuff Pittbull3 !
In my very modest football history as a player, I didn't play in the OLine (or DLine for that matter), and while all of that was decades ago, in more recent years as a spectator I've acquired a new found interest in the
position(s) of OLine. And like others, when attending TC sessions there's nothing I'd rather watch what the big guys in their one-on-one drills do.
But with the legendary Alex Gibbs and his industrial-strength version of ZB now in full-blown implementation with the Texans, the attention of this unit is now at an all-time high for many of us, including this poster.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #5
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

I'm excited about the prospects this year for the OL under the tutelage of Coach Gibbs. I was at one practice and they were giving it all they had. One good note: Steve Slaton was hitting the hole and turning on the afterburners. Look to see some exciting play from him this season. I'd sure like to see A. Green have a good, healthy season. I think he's still got some gas left in the tank if he can avoid his knee injury bug.

Howdy GHF! Glad to see that you made some more practices.
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year I called for hiring AG drafting a LT & signing Faneca in the FIX THE DAMN LINE thread.

Two out of three aint bad as MEAT LOAF used to sing.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read