Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2004   #141
Jwwillis
All Pro

Havent been on to see all the whining yet. Nice to see some things never change. This has been a good old fashion smashmouthed football game and im lovin it especially now that we have the lead.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #142
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr is having one of his best road first halfs of the season. He has spread the ball around and Bradford's TD came after Carr was looking at the other side of the field first.

7/13 112 yards and a TD is not bad considering the weather (the ball is hard to throw when it is hard as a rock) and the Bears solid D.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #143
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

DROB FOR DROY!!

Great interception.. great throw by Carr on that TD. lets hope they dont get all toasty in the lockerroom and have to come out and get situated again.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #144
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

it will be a shame if D-Rob doesnt win Defensive Rookie of the Year...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #145
SESupergenius

How many CB's in recent years have been named ROY?
Old 12-19-2004   #146
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

well if you look at the opinion of fans around the league.. alot of them are leaning towards Jonathen Vilma. he has more tackles than DRob but our boy has him beat in every other column.

I posted the stats and said DRob deserves it more on one forum.. and they said that Vilma should get it because he is an ILB and is calling the plays for the Jets defense.

While I can understand that that is a big thing.. it is also part of his position.. so while he has done well, he hasnt really gone above and beyond.

DRob has been the bigger impact player IMO.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #147
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
well if you look at the opinion of fans around the league.. alot of them are leaning towards Jonathen Vilma. he has more tackles than DRob but our boy has him beat in every other column.

I posted the stats and said DRob deserves it more on one forum.. and they said that Vilma should get it because he is an ILB and is calling the plays for the Jets defense.

While I can understand that that is a big thing.. it is also part of his position.. so while he has done well, he hasnt really gone above and beyond.

DRob has been the bigger impact player IMO.
Vilma plays in NY so he gets more media attention and that will help him...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2004   #148
AndreJ
All Pro

Glenn Earl is a pretty solid player, he doesn't get talked about much, but that could be a good thing cause that means he doesn't make many mistakes, however it also means he doesn't make any outstandnig plays. He's a solid tackler though i like him. He's got 4 solo tackles so far.
Old 12-19-2004   #149
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice play by Earl
Old 12-19-2004   #150
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

And Earl is coming off of a knee injury. Next season he's going to be another one of those steals you hear about. I think he'll get much better with another camp and another year away from his injury
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #151
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Why is it when you know we score first its like a sigh of relief??? I sure hope they can keep this up and not get over confident.
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #152
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Carr is having one of his best road first halfs of the season. He has spread the ball around and Bradford's TD came after Carr was looking at the other side of the field first.

7/13 112 yards and a TD is not bad considering the weather (the ball is hard to throw when it is hard as a rock) and the Bears solid D.
You need to cut and paste this for all of those people who think you only criticize Carr.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #153
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

for all of us we need at least one TE if not 2 for next year, Murphy has played extended downs.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #154
AndreJ
All Pro

I've seen alot of players slip and fall today must be very hard to get some traction out there.
Old 12-19-2004   #155
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Did a miss Moses getting injured??? Because Glenn was back there returning the punt, maybe they were setting up for the lateral throwback...

Old 12-19-2004   #156
AndreJ
All Pro

Yeah i dont think he was hurt i think it may have been some kind of trick play coming up.
Old 12-19-2004   #157
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

I have to admit, their fans sure aren't very loud there....It seems very quite to me....You would think a home game for them would be very loud.
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #158
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8
I have to admit, their fans sure aren't very loud there....It seems very quite to me....You would think a home game for them would be very loud.
They were just talking about the fact that the Bears have been bad for close to 20 years on the Radio broadcast. Our fans think we have suffered with all our losing.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004   #159
AndreJ
All Pro

that was a horrible possesion right there, we need to move the ball and give our defense some rest.
Old 12-19-2004   #160
Dime
Hall of Fame

The Bears D seems to be stepping up a bit.
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read