Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-02-2008   #21
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Joey Dorsey (Houston Rocket) trying out for the Texans?

Ed "Too Tall" Jones (1974-1989) was listed at 6'9
He recorded 106 sacks (unofficially, since sack number wasn't kept as a stat until 1982). His season high was 13.

He also took one year off during his football career to try boxing (winning all his matches in the process.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #22
austintexanite
All Pro

I would have no problem with him trying out. Who knows, maybe he is the other speed rusher we need to help out on the d-line.
Old 08-02-2008   #23
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Mario is that tall with a 41 inch vertical .

Isnt it great!!
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #24
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
I would have no problem with him trying out. Who knows, maybe he is the other speed rusher we need to help out on the d-line.
Or a complimentary "Enforcer" to Okam.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #25
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 248675 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe we could give him some of Weaver's money; seems like it would be put to better use that way
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #26
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Any more news?
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #27
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I've always wondered what Karl Malone would do in football situations.
probably somethign similar to this:
Old 08-07-2008   #28
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagotexan1 View Post
It reminds me of that wrestling dope Lezner trying out for the Vikes. But Dorsey could pull it off. He's a thug (in a great way) on the court that intimidates and bullies the oppostion and he loves doing it. That and his athleticism could translate to football.
Info on Brock Lesnar if anyone is interested.
[url="http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorecard/othernews.asp?articleID=237599"]
http://mmamania.com/2008/05/24/brock...-fight-slated/
I do not know results of Saturday fight.
Old 08-07-2008   #29
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Info on Brock Lesnar if anyone is interested.
[url="http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorecard/othernews.asp?articleID=237599"]
http://mmamania.com/2008/05/24/brock...-fight-slated/
I do not know results of Saturday fight.
You would have to be phycic. The fight isnt until this Saturday.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #30
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I always though Micheal Young of U of H made the mistake of not attempting a football career. What I'm reading about Dorsey is that he is an enforcer type guy.

The problem is, he is not Gates. He is under contract to the Rockets. Mr. Alexander would lend him to Mr McNair and expose his property to injury because ? I don't think this one is going to fly. It'd be one thing to take the chance on him if he weren't under contract. Quite another for two pro franchises to "share" a talent. Then there is the money. What do you pay a back up TE under contract to another club in another sport ?

I did see the sissy futball guy kick with Criss Brown for tickets for charity. Now I would look into that. Criss Brown got hurt for a few weeks be nice under the current roster restrains to have a guy in the pipeline.
Old 08-09-2008   #31
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Really? I always recall him letting passes slip through his hands that would have been an easy layup. Unless I'm thinking of someone else. I'm fairly sure that's Hayes though.
I'm with you, I've seen him drop easy passes.

BTW, is that the chick from Shooter?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read