Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-01-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Camp Spotlight:Matt Schaub

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4440

Quote:
The NFL motto this year, “Believe in Now,” couldn't fit the Texans any better. It's the third year of the Gary Kubiak era and the team never has looked better. It's also the second season as starter for quarterback Matt Schaub, and that could mean all the difference to a team searching for its first-ever postseason berth.

Undoubtedly, Schaub wants to prove that he can be counted on to lead the team for the forseeable future. Last year, his injuries drew an incomplete picture after a blockbuster trade with Atlanta landed Schaub in the Bayou City.

“I expect to be on the field and not get injured and be out there for 16 weeks and help my ball club win,” Schaub said. “If I can control my responsibilities with the team and take care of the football, we’ll be in fine shape.

“Last year, everything was just new for me with moving and everything else that goes on when you’re in transition from one team to another. Now, I’m comfortable with my surroundings and everyone that’s around me, my teammates and the coaches and what they ask of me.”
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #2
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 128458 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Camp Spotlight:Matt Schaub

Thanks Wolf.

I just hope he has been working on his chin.

We need you out there, Matt! (not intended to start a Sage debate)
Old 08-01-2008   #3
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 84240 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Thats a cool piece . Matt sure seems confident along with Andre and Walter . Lets hope so .

I noticed towards the end of the video when they are talking to Kyle Shanahan about the improved running game, Darnell Jenkins is carrying Dre and Kevin Walter's pads in from practice . It must suck to be a rookie .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #4
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah what a drag. he gets payed to play football. that does suck.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #5
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 84240 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
yeah what a drag. he gets payed to play football. that does suck.
Thats exactly what I meant !

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #6
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

I am hoping for big things from Matt Schaub this season. He's had a year to get settled in and has had time to get plenty of reps this TC with his receivers. I see Matt posting big numbers this season. He's certainly got a great receiving corps. Johnson, Walter, Davis and Jones are definitely not a shabby group to have. C'mon Jacoby, I expect a great year from you. You showed us early last season what you were made of. I just know you're gonna do great things this season.
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263584 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I want Schaub to have a pro bowl year and prove all my previous posts about the trade to aquire him wrong.

This is one case where being wrong is a good thing.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read