Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-01-2008   #1
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans & Austin - KEYE 2008

Well my friends, we are heading into the new football season here. How do you think KEYE is going to treat the Texans this year?

I bought the insurance of Sunday Ticket again this year just in case I can't make the bar and KEYE is continuing their treason.

So, the first question is: Will Austin residents be able to see Texans preseason games live this year?

I know KEYE favors the Cowboys here...and honestly you can't get mad at them...they are another Texas team, and KEYE has sinced dropped their "official station of the Texans" lie.

So will there be another station carrying the Texans?
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #2
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans & Austin - KEYE 2008

I thought I saw someone somewhere say that at least the Broncos/Texans game was going to be televised in Austin, but I can't find the thread. If that person reads this, maybe you can repost?

The great thing about the "official station of the Texans" thing being removed - is that it was a DIRECT result of us on the boards sending them emails and telling them to drop it, because it's so damned insincere.

I'll keep my eyes open and post if I find out anything.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
Well my friends, we are heading into the new football season here. How do you think KEYE is going to treat the Texans this year?

I bought the insurance of Sunday Ticket again this year just in case I can't make the bar and KEYE is continuing their treason.

So, the first question is: Will Austin residents be able to see Texans preseason games live this year?

I know KEYE favors the Cowboys here...and honestly you can't get mad at them...they are another Texas team, and KEYE has sinced dropped their "official station of the Texans" lie.

So will there be another station carrying the Texans?
The problem between Texan fans and KEYE has nothing to do with the Cowboys. The Texans are an AFC team and KEYE handles the AFC games on Sundays. KEYE chooses to show Tack games over Texans games since VY is the Longhorns Lord and Savior.

I thought we covered this part.
Old 08-01-2008   #4
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
The problem between Texan fans and KEYE has nothing to do with the Cowboys. The Texans are an AFC team and KEYE handles the AFC games on Sundays. KEYE chooses to show Tack games over Texans games since VY is the Longhorns Lord and Savior.

I thought we covered this part.
He's talking about the pre-season. It has everything to do with the Cowboys.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 08-01-2008   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
He's talking about the pre-season. It has everything to do with the Cowboys.
OK, no reason to snap.
Old 08-01-2008   #6
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Nobody's snapping! Sigh... man, message boards just aren't good for personal interaction. Haha.

I wasn't purposely being curt or short... just trying to make a succinct point and not repeat myself and talk it into the ground like I seem to do pretty often.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 08-01-2008   #7
DiehardChris
You betcha!

But since it's also part of the discussion - when the regular season starts, I see no reason to believe that the station won't keep doing what they have been doing. A quick look at the Texans/Titans schedules shows a ton of conflicts this year, just like last.

So it looks like it's going to be the same ol' BS.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Sponsored links
Old 08-01-2008   #8
barrett
Hall of Fame

Section: 636
Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Damnit! I thought this thread was going to be about how KEYE has rededicated themselves to the Texans and were REALLY going to be the official station of the Texans. Not that it matters to me personally. Since 3rd Base will be my home away from home.

Speaking of, didn't someone mention something about 1530 asking where Texans fans go to watch the games? What ever came of that?
Old 08-01-2008   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Nobody's snapping! Sigh... man, message boards just aren't good for personal interaction. Haha.

I wasn't purposely being curt or short... just trying to make a succinct point and not repeat myself and talk it into the ground like I seem to do pretty often.
I don't care, let's fight. I want some consequences and repercussions!
Old 08-01-2008   #10
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
Damnit! I thought this thread was going to be about how KEYE has rededicated themselves to the Texans and were REALLY going to be the official station of the Texans. Not that it matters to me personally. Since 3rd Base will be my home away from home.

Speaking of, didn't someone mention something about 1530 asking where Texans fans go to watch the games? What ever came of that?
I actually thought the same thing... I got excited for a second.

Showtime - don't make me get a metal chair!!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 08-01-2008   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Getting back to it. I think it's a foregone conclusion the pre-season will belong to the Cowboys. I believe it would be that way the season after the Texans win the Super Bowl. It's just the way of the world in Austin and the Front Office apparently recognizes that and will never market this town.
Old 08-01-2008   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
curt or short
Quote:
consequences and repercussions!
Dang y'all are redundant!!!
Old 08-01-2008   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Dang y'all are redundant!!!
You can say that and still have that sig??
Old 08-01-2008   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can say that and still have that sig??
LMAO... Touche'
Old 08-01-2008   #15
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm holding out hope I get to watch the Texans on Sundays. We have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs and I don't want to miss a game.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #16
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
I'm holding out hope I get to watch the Texans on Sundays. We have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs and I don't want to miss a game.
Not gonna happen - at least not every week. You'll have to get DirecTV or go to one of our watch parties.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 08-01-2008   #17
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I know that you will be able to watch reruns of all the preseason games (expect vs Cowboys) on NFL Network. I emailed KEYE to ask what the preseason schedule is going to be like...I am sure I will hear from then soon.

Last year KEYE showed BOTH the Texans and Cowboys..I hope they do it again.

Anyone else going to Dallas for the preseason game?
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #18
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
Well I know that you will be able to watch reruns of all the preseason games (expect vs Cowboys) on NFL Network. I emailed KEYE to ask what the preseason schedule is going to be like...I am sure I will hear from then soon.

Last year KEYE showed BOTH the Texans and Cowboys..I hope they do it again.

Anyone else going to Dallas for the preseason game?
Do you have Time Warner, Rockabilly? Looks like they're doing the Cowboys on the main KEYE channel, and the Texans on that secondary channel that they have. I don't know if you can actually get that other KEYE channel without digital cable or not... but BOTH of these channels are on Time Warner digital, and they're both available in HD. I got this screencap from the KEYE site:

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 08-01-2008   #19
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Did they have two channels last year? Any chance they'll put the Texans on the secondary channel when there's a conflict with their precious Titans on the main channel?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 08-01-2008   #20
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

What channel is KEYER?
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read