Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 07-21-2008   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cowboy fan predicts the Texans to go 1-15

Quote:
Houston Texans: my prediction (1-15, misses playoffs)

The Texans are clearly on the rise, but just how much higher they will go this season is still in question. Offensively, the key will be getting the running game developed. Injuries have hurt the Texans so much at running back the past two seasons that they have not been able to implement the run-first offense Gary Kubiak successfully ran in Denver. If they can develop that if will open up more big plays in the passing game for wide receiver Andre Johnson and cut back on the number of times quarterback Matt Schaub gets hit. Defensively, the team must be effective rushing the quarterback. If the Texans are unable to apply adequate pressure, the secondary will be exploited, especially in the first half of the season when it will be without cornerback Dunta Robinson. End Mario Williams must pick up where he left off last season when he tallied 14 sacks, and defensive tackle Amobi Okoye needs to make a big jump from his rookie season to his sophomore campaign. The offense will change a little with the departure of assistant head coach/offensive coordinator Mike Sherman, now the coach at Texas A&M. Instead of using some of Green Bay’s gap sheme and Denver’s zone blocking scheme, the Texans will go completely to the zone-blocking scheme. Assistant head coach/ offense Alex Gibbs will oversee the development of the offensive line, which is sure to help improve the blocking in the run game.
1-15? Come on!

LINK

Be sure to leave a comment for this guy.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #2
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboy fan predicts the Texans to go 1-15

why are you reading stuff written by a cowboys fan
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #3
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
why are you reading stuff written by a cowboys fan
I didn't know he was until after I read the article.

If we are on the rise wouldn't that mean we would improve on an 8-8 record?

Old 07-21-2008   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
I didn't know he was until after I read the article.

If we are on the rise wouldn't that mean we would improve on an 8-8 record?
He must've switched them around. Or at least I hope so.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #5
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow! All I can say is simply, wow! Most Cowboys fans are so absorbed with what's going on in their own conference, little room is left to anyone with no bearing on their (our) schedule whatsoever. Hate the fans all you wish, but to blatantly try to further strife and devision not a good thing. Read the boards, the Texans are rarely mentioned because for the most part what the Texans team is or is not doing isn't the Cowboys business. When the few fans that actually make a negative comment, it usually come from those who have had the pleasure of interacting with a Texans fan. Most that I have encountered wish the Texans well and really don't take a vested interest in how whether they lose until we play each other.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

It's funny, he says we need to get the running game going, so we can reduce the number of hits Matt Schaub takes.

As a team, we gave up 22 sacks total. The 'boys..... 25.

We ran for 1586 yards. 3.8 ypc.

They ran for 1746 yards. 4.2 ypc.

We did it with scrubs, they did it with probowlers......

Don't get me wrong, I favor Dallas to make it to the Superbowl, but for him to suggest we'll go 1-15...... That just peeves me.
Old 07-21-2008   #7
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Now thats what I call a blogger....lol
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-21-2008   #8
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It's funny, he says we need to get the running game going, so we can reduce the number of hits Matt Schaub takes.

As a team, we gave up 22 sacks total. The 'boys..... 25.

We ran for 1586 yards. 3.8 ypc.

They ran for 1746 yards. 4.2 ypc.

We did it with scrubs, they did it with probowlers......

Don't get me wrong, I favor Dallas to make it to the Superbowl, but for him to suggest we'll go 1-15...... That just peeves me.
Nuff said.

Old 07-21-2008   #9
stiff
Rookie

Quote:

1-15? Come on!

LINK

Be sure to leave a comment for this guy.
Not only is he a cowsquirrel fan but also a tack fan, vy, to, and romo are his favorite athletes. But one thing is he is only an 18 year old kid who lives near dallas. He predicts the 'aints to go 15-1, San Diego to go 16-0, the Dolphins to go 0-16, cowsquirrels to go 16-0, redskins 1-15. So after taking 30+ years to go undefeated in the regular season this yeat there will be 2 teams?
stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #10
whiskeyrbl

LOL, seems I am not the only one that left him with a lil' Texans "How do ya do", what a dumba$$.
Old 07-21-2008   #11
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Wow! All I can say is simply, wow! Most Cowboys fans are so absorbed with what's going on in their own conference, little room is left to anyone with no bearing on their (our) schedule whatsoever. Hate the fans all you wish, but to blatantly try to further strife and devision not a good thing. Read the boards, the Texans are rarely mentioned because for the most part what the Texans team is or is not doing isn't the Cowboys business. When the few fans that actually make a negative comment, it usually come from those who have had the pleasure of interacting with a Texans fan. Most that I have encountered wish the Texans well and really don't take a vested interest in how whether they lose until we play each other.
I don't know if it was directed to me or not but I didn't mean to cause division...I put it in the rivalry section just because like thunderkyss said it just peeves me that he predicts a 1-15 record. I really respect you and HoustonFrog as Cowboys fans and this wasn't directed toward either of you. I just find it ridiculous that he thinks we will only win 1 game.

BTW I left the comment as "Steel".

Last edited by Brando; 07-21-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-21-2008   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

wow, Just wow

I can't comment on there and am not going to create an account just to respond but all I can say

"Signing everyone and everything and looking good on paper gets to to the playoffs and leads to the Super Bowl"

signed,
Dan Snyder (sarcasm)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #13
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nope.

When I lived in DFW this past year (and unfortunately moving back for the school year; long story), I got flack for just being a Texans fans. "Hahaha, your a Texans fans, they suck!". So I would be like, "hit me up when the Cowboys win a playoff game this decade because they haven't won one since I was wearing Power Ranger pajamas". That day they loss to the Giants was so glorious.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #14
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32854 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

This must be the same Cowboy fans that still think Dwight Clark was out of bounds on The Catch and never understand why they will never play the Packers in the Super Bowl!
Old 07-21-2008   #15
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

REVENGE!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #16
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

This kid doesnt really pay attention......

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #17
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

He gives all bloggers a bad name, and for that I resent him.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008   #18
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Nope.

When I lived in DFW this past year (and unfortunately moving back for the school year; long story), I got flack for just being a Texans fans. "Hahaha, your a Texans fans, they suck!". So I would be like, "hit me up when the Cowboys win a playoff game this decade because they haven't won one since I was wearing Power Ranger pajamas". That day they loss to the Giants was so glorious.

LOL, GuerillaBlack, you lived in DFW. Wouldn't it be similar here among peers being one of a few Cowboy fans in a host of Texans? Imagine, Cowboys can't win a playoff game, 19-10, and countless other chants.
Old 07-21-2008   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Starstruck I invite you to come to 3rdbase in Austin for any game you wish, just do not wear your cowboys jersey and sit with us Texans fans and you will see plenty of how this group of fans you are referring to make no comments regarding the Texans. I will recommend that you do not bring any kids or folks who could get offended easily.

It is just an invite so you can see for yourself what no comments are made.
Old 07-21-2008   #20
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
I don't know if it was directed to me or not but I didn't mean to cause division...I put it in the rivalry section just because like thunderkyss said it just peeves me that he predicts a 1-15 record. I really respect you and HoustonFrog as Cowboys fans and this wasn't directed toward either of you. I just find it ridiculous that he thinks we will only win 1 game.

BTW I left the comment as "Steel".
Thanks very much, I needed that! Rivalry is a good section to smack the Boys, but seriously, most fans are too absorbed on what our season will be like to debate on whether the Texans are 1-15 or 15-1 unless the latter will mean a meet in the SuperBowl. For the most part, if we're out of it, we would prefer to see the Texans there than any other team.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read