Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-31-2008   #1
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 41913 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Where do YOU buy Texans Gear???

Simple thread...

Where do you buy your Texans Gear???

Where is the best place to get Texans Gear???

Since we just moved back to Texas (and H-Town) after 3-4 yrs away...we need to stock up on our Texans Gear.

Looking for:

XXXL sized Texans fan stuff (I's a Big Brotha)
Womens Texans gear (I've GOTTA get the wife outta that Chicago Bears stuff)
And kids gear (8 yrs)...

I've heard lots of folks mention both Academy & Walmart...
My experience is that those two places are almost ENTIRELY vacant of good Texans stuff.

Suggestions and recommendations please!!!

Edit: If I put this in the wrong forum...please move it where it belongs. Thanks mods.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where do YOU buy Texans Gear???

I haven't really seen one store that has a great selection of Texans gear. I've bought a few caps off NFLshop.com but for shirts and stuff, I haven't found a place that has a great selection. I've seen a few at Kohls, some at Academy, and some at Walmart. Kohls had the best selection when I went there, but I haven't been to the store in a while so that may have changed.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #3
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Where do I buy Texans gear? Well, after I swim through the Cowboys gear (and their big wall display), then I find the Texans gear (this is at the Sports Authority in Katy on I-10/Fry Road).
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #4
whiskeyrbl

Houstontexans.com , Academy
Old 07-31-2008   #5
Chainsaw
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Chainsaw is on the Pro-Bowl ballotChainsaw is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Right stuff, low price: Academy

Don't hit the Sports Authority. It's sickening how much cowgirls stuff, and how little Texans stuff, they carry. I walked out of the store pissed off a couple of weeks ago while searching for kids size Texans jerseys. They had none; Academy had Mario, Demeco, Schaub, and Johnson.
Chainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #6
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I haven't really seen one store that has a great selection of Texans gear. I've bought a few caps off NFLshop.com but for shirts and stuff, I haven't found a place that has a great selection. I've seen a few at Kohls, some at Academy, and some at Walmart. Kohls had the best selection when I went there, but I haven't been to the store in a while so that may have changed.
hmmm... I hadn't tried Kohl's. I get most of my stuff at Academy. Although I have bought a cap or two at the training camp kiosk.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #7
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Don't go to Walmart. They almost never have any "official" jerseys there. They only have the jerseys without the stripes on the shoulders, lol.

Try the Sports Fan-Attic in Memorial City and Willowbrook Mall. They have anything you need for Texans stuff. Even have baby stuff like bibs and teeny onesy jerseys. lol. very cute. They should have stuff for your whole family.

Academy always has stuff, but meh. lol

If your in need for a cap try Lidz in any mall.
Old 07-31-2008   #8
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really digging the Texan's new hat... But I doubt, I'll find any store in Austin that'll sell these. Maybe Fanzz, but most likely I have to order it online.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #9
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Believe it or not, Wal-Mart has a couple of really cool Texans hats... and since it's Wal-Mart, I assume there's a bunch of XXXL stuff too.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #10
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Believe it or not, Wal-Mart has a couple of really cool Texans hats... and since it's Wal-Mart, I assume there's a bunch of XXXL stuff too.
Which Wal-Marts?
Old 07-31-2008   #11
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Which Wal-Marts?
I was at one on 249 several miles from 1960... not sure what the cross-streets were, but I assume all the ones in the Houston area have the same stock.

EDIT - it's a few miles north of Spring/Cypress on 249.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 07-31-2008   #12
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

ahh ok. I thought you meant around Austin. I got my hopes up lol. Thanks anyways.
Old 07-31-2008   #13
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

The only clothes I buy from Walmart are boxers and tees. The hell with everything else, especially bootleg Texans gear.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 08-01-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-31-2008   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm really digging the Texan's new hat... But I doubt, I'll find any store in Austin that'll sell these. Maybe Fanzz, but most likely I have to order it online.
You like the hat? I thought it has a weird design. Especially with the white shape in the back. Not a big fan. I do like the draft hat though

You can probably find caps at a Lids store. There should be one in your local mall. Here's a list of all the Houston locations http://www.lids.com/locations.html

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #15
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
ahh ok. I thought you meant around Austin. I got my hopes up lol. Thanks anyways.
Actually - I didn't buy the cool hat that I saw at that location in Houston, so I was going to go out in Austin this week and see if I could find it... I'll let you know, man.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 08-01-2008   #16
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
You like the hat? I thought it has a weird design. Especially with the white shape in the back. Not a big fan. I do like the draft hat though
I think it looks the hat pretty spiffy. The draft cap is alright, but I think the tri-color is sort of tacky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Actually - I didn't buy the cool hat that I saw at that location in Houston, so I was going to go out in Austin this week and see if I could find it... I'll let you know, man.
thanks dude.
Old 08-01-2008   #17
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Why does baseball get all the cool hats? Like these for the Astros:

http://www.lids.com/pid/20114866

http://www.lids.com/pop/product_imag...l?pid=20120776

http://www.lids.com/pop/product_imag...l?pid=20115050

http://www.lids.com/pop/product_imag...l?pid=20113488
Old 08-01-2008   #18
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Make a trip to the Go Texans Store at the stadium. They have tons of stuff there. It might only be open during the season though. I don't remember. They have nothing but Texans gear.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #19
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Yer, I like those hats. I prefer my bill to be curved though.
Old 08-01-2008   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

there's DEFINITELY a generation gap between you and me as far as ballcap taste goes.
LOL
you younguns can keep that hip-hop look, I'll stick to the mainstream, classic styles. Nothing worse than an old dude, like me, trying to rock hip-hop styles. It just looks weird.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read