Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-31-2008   #1
hellbentforfootball
Rookie

Rep Power: 220 hellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Gonna Talk to Mr Smith

Guys I have lucked out and won VIP tix to practice for this Sat. A.M. practice (it was on 610 six pack trivia last Fri. Anyway supposedly the GM is gonna be there mingling with the attendees, all I want to tell him is thank you for making this team respectable, and that I have been a season ticket holder since day one and have heard ALOT of grief from friends and family as to how I can justify giving this organization my hard earned pennies, Well, this is the season I get to say "this is why I do it." So I'll try not to hyper-ventiliate when I have my opprutunity(sp?) but I tend to freeze up when these types of situations present themselves. Oh yeah and LOTS of pictures.
:mshadows:
hellbentforfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #2
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default Re: Gonna Talk to Mr Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbentforfootball View Post
Guys I have lucked out and won VIP tix to practice for this Sat. A.M. practice (it was on 610 six pack trivia last Fri. Anyway supposedly the GM is gonna be there mingling with the attendees, all I want to tell him is thank you for making this team respectable, and that I have been a season ticket holder since day one and have heard ALOT of grief from friends and family as to how I can justify giving this organization my hard earned pennies, Well, this is the season I get to say "this is why I do it." So I'll try not to hyper-ventiliate when I have my opprutunity(sp?) but I tend to freeze up when these types of situations present themselves. Oh yeah and LOTS of pictures.
O_O Wow! Congrats man! I'd be the same way if I were you, lol...

Be sure to tell us how it went after it's over. And have fun! :o
Old 07-31-2008   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I heard that on 610. It was the greatest over-the-top movie villains trivia, right? I need to call in when they do movie stuff because I always know all or most of those answers.

Please also tell Rick that all us fans think he's incredibly good at his job and we appreciate it.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #4
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Please also tell Rick that all us fans think he's incredibly good at his job and we appreciate it.
I second this, shake that mans hand and tell him that he is our hero!
Old 07-31-2008   #5
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Gonna Talk to Mr Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I heard that on 610. It was the greatest over-the-top movie villains trivia, right? I need to call in when they do movie stuff because I always know all or most of those answers.

Agreed!
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #6
whiskeyrbl

Yes tell him for all of us.
Old 07-31-2008   #7
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Best.... GM.... Ever....
Old 07-31-2008   #8
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Ten years from now, after the Texans current roster has won 4 Super Bowls, NFL Films will do a feature on the Houston Texans glory years. It will highlight the amazing drafts and free agent acquisitions by one Rick Smith.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #9
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought I was the only one who knew the "blue velvet" quote but as an online listener, I was about a minute delayed. I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway
Old 08-01-2008   #10
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You make sure you shake Rick Smiths' hand for me too. Have fun and tell him to have Kubiak call me if he needs anymore advice
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #11
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Ask him to join Texanstalk and associate with us commoners.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #12
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 141010 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ask him to bring back the white helmets and tell him he's doing a great job.
Old 08-01-2008   #13
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
I thought I was the only one who knew the "blue velvet" quote but as an online listener, I was about a minute delayed. I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway
I knew that one, I love that movie... the one I wouldn't have gotten was the John Malcovich question. I knew it was him, but my first guess was that the clip was from that Con-Air movie where I think he played a psycho killer... didn't realize it was from that other movie.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #14
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Ask him to join Texanstalk and associate with us commoners.
Second this.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #15
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thanked him LAST year at the rookie breakfast. He seems to be a really nice guy - I asked him to autograph the yearbook, as I saw him as the primary architect of its contents.

(In my view - McNair is the Developer, Smith is the Architect, and Kubiak is Head of Construction)
Old 08-01-2008   #16
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

we call them the trilogy. i'd have to dig up that thread but it's stated as fact.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #17
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I thanked him LAST year at the rookie breakfast. He seems to be a really nice guy - I asked him to autograph the yearbook, as I saw him as the primary architect of its contents.

(In my view - McNair is the Developer, Smith is the Architect, and Kubiak is Head of Construction)

Don't forget Olsen, the "Contract Man." He's got us out of "Cap Hell!"
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #18
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the team is superbly managed in all areas of the front office. We are very lucky to have the quality of people that we do in charge.
Old 08-02-2008   #19
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 270486 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Ask him to bring back the white helmets and tell him he's doing a great job.
ummmm... just tell him thanks. the blue helmets are just fine, thank you.
And it would be nice if he had the time to visit the msg board from time to time. Preferably this one, but I'd understand if he went to the "official" ht.com board.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294021 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
ummmm... just tell him thanks. the blue helmets are just fine, thank you.
And it would be nice if he had the time to visit the msg board from time to time. Preferably this one, but I'd understand if he went to the "official" ht.com board.
I remember when Chase Masterson (Leeta on Deep Space 9) registered an account and posted on the TrekBBS. A moderator banned her because he thought she was a troll just using the name. She got her account back and made some nice posts, but to this day that mod still takes crap from everyone for that. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read