Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-31-2008   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Quincy Carter working out with Miami Dolphins

Quote:
DAVIE Bill Parcells might add one of his former players to the Dolphins' quarterback competition.

Quincy Carter, who guided Parcells' first Cowboys team to the playoffs in 2003, is working out for the Dolphins today, coach Tony Sparano said this morning.

Sparano said the decision to bring in Carter, who has been out of the NFL since 2004 and struggled with drugs, does not mean the team is unhappy with its current quarterbacks: Josh McCown, John Beck and Chad Henne.

None has separated himself as the competition enters the sixth day of training camp.

"I have been pleased with the three quarterbacks and what they've done," Sparano said. "The competition has been really good. It just means we have to do our due diligence on players that are available.
LINK

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #2
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 141560 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quincy Carter working out with Miami Dolphins

Of course he is. He'd be closer to Tony Montana too. "Hey chica, jew wan eat som ice cree or sansing?"
Old 07-31-2008   #3
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Of course he is. He'd be closer to Tony Montana too. "Hey chica, jew wan eat som ice cree or sansing?"
That one flew over my head. Please do me a favor and translate so that I can be in the loop. Thanks
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Wow, Quincy Carter. Talk about a name that fell off the face of the earth.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
That one flew over my head. Please do me a favor and translate so that I can be in the loop. Thanks
Might be that he tested positive for an illegal substance... Cocaine??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
He was playing arena league football in Shreveport La, I beleive.

September 8, 2002 and he wasn't even the best QB on the field... LMAO!!!
Old 07-31-2008   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Its a Scarface ref.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #7
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Its a Scarface ref.
Thanks. I can usually keep up or catch up quickly, but that one zoomed passed.
Sponsored links
Old 08-01-2008   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I thought it was a misprint at first. Dude must need some play money and Parcells is dumb enough to give it to him!! SUCKER!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #9
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 141560 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks. I can usually keep up or catch up quickly, but that one zoomed passed.
I couldn't find the "Ice cream" clip online, but basically Montana and his protegee are at the beach in MIA and Montana uses that as a pick up line to pick up girls. It doesn't work, but his rejection was less painful than Manny's attempt. It's pretty funny. Here's Manny attempt. No nudity involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFOpb...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p2hn...eature=related

Last edited by chicagotexan2; 08-01-2008 at 10:54 AM.
chicagotexan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #10
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't know quincy played in the AFL. Last time I saw him was when he was in AF2. Shreveport I believe is right.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #11
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I thought it was a misprint at first. Dude must need some play money and Parcells is dumb enough to give it to him!! SUCKER!!!

Umm, I never thought of Parcell's and sucker in the same paragraph. I do know that there have been players that appeared as malcontents to the public that Bill seemed to like, and those who fell into that category generally gave him their best.

At any rate, if QC is rehabilitated and can make a successful go of it, I do wish him the best.
Old 08-01-2008   #12
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Reminds me of Palmer in NY wanting a second chance to work with David Carr.

The list of names even prior to Carter being added doesn't inspire confidence exactly. But hey on the bright side they have Ted Ginn Jr to throw to!
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #13
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't think there was a shortage of bad QB's in the league...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

They're going to bring in Jeff George, too. Just for a look-see.

The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't Vinny Testaverde still live in Florida (when not filling in for HWSRN)?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read