Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-31-2008   #101
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Bell is now a Texan

Mike Bell as a 4th, 5th, or 6th option at HB? How on earth could anyone have a problem with that? Some fans have to complain about something, I guess.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #102
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Cedric Benson isn't going to be on their radar because of the known behavior problems AND his lack of production AND because he's going to be asking for a lot of money. If he was as cheap as Mike Bell, he might have gotten a look-see.

And Kevin Jones is with the Bears now.

Right now, they're looking for cheap legs. Cedric Benson ain't cheap legs.
I didn't clarify enough. My bad. I knew he's on a roster now, so I was making that comment as in "Why didn't we go after Jones?"

Why were we not at his workout? Apparently there were 4 teams there.

I guess it was a $ thing. For both those guys.
Old 07-31-2008   #103
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Mike Bell as a 4th, 5th, or 6th option at HB? How on earth could anyone have a problem with that? Some fans have to complain about something, I guess.
It's just getting funny, that's all.

Some people subscribe to netflix and exchange unlimited movies at their leisure. The Texans do the same thing with RBs.

It's beginning to be a running joke (buh-duh-bump! Hey, that's two jokes in one). Yay for me!
Old 07-31-2008   #104
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
If Chris Brown is gonna keep getting hurt the bringing in Bell is a good thing . You never know .
I love your avatar!
Old 07-31-2008   #105
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
QFT.
Old 07-31-2008   #106
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why did they sign him to a 2 yr deal? saw it on espn.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #107
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
Why did they sign him to a 2 yr deal? saw it on espn.
Probably cause they're expecting more from him then you are.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-31-2008   #108
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
He's learning from me.
Wait. Aren't you the same person?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #109
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
We cut Harrison? I thought we were grooming him to be our future FS. I read that he had a really good day on Tuesday practice, even made an INT and took it home. What a bummer.
Seems that chron.com had it wrong, it was Mitchell. The UDFA from last year that was on the PC.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #110
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Chris Brown has anything to worry about. If you're hurt, you're hurt. this is training camp he's missing, not games. Kubiak said he knows Chris can contribute to this team, he just needs to be healthy. I'd hate myself if I cut Brown because he missed some time in training camp and he goes on to rush for 1000 yards for the Titans or something.

Texacutioner, please lay off the bold letters. It makes it seem like you are yelling and ranting, which is obnoxious. Mike Bell was available, unlike the backs you mentioned. He is simply coming to compete for a spot on the team. If he does, that's great. If he doesn't, oh well.

Priest Holmes was bounced around the league much like Bell was, that's the comparison. "OMG don't compare them!" Well why not? They both went through getting bounced around and look how Priest turned out. I bet someone said the same thing you're saying about Priest when he joined the Chiefs.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #111
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

simply stated Bell is a system RB that fits here, not to mention Gibbs needs bodies to burn reps with

he was able to elevate his game to the next level (Arizona to the NFL/Broncos) still young without much wear & tear but I feel he is another underachiver who shys away from contact & hard work ala Chris Brown, although I welcome him to prove me wrong & make this team. low cost med reward signing

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #112
Dancerdog
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Dancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVPDancerdog was voted MVP

I haven't seen the terms of Bell's contract disclosed as of yet. I imagine we got him on the cheap. I say give the guy a shot. Maybe being cut this time has gotten his attention and he'll come in and work his tail off. TC has a way of sorting these things out. Kubes & Co. will keep the best talent when all is said and done. C. Brown needs to get and stay healthy. I believe he can be productive if he does.
Dancerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #113
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Mike Bell is now a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1 View Post
I never heard of either one of these guys you're talking about. At least I heard of Bell. So what are there ststs like.
I like the signing of Mike Bell. He's still young, & has a lot left. I think he just had a bad year. I don't agree with going after Kenton Keith. IMO if a team is looking for a player who may be less known, but will pleasantly surprise; they should be scouting the CFL (or AFL) now. Didn't the Colts get Keith last year? Wouldn't the Texans scouts have seen him, too? I don't know if he'll be released with his arrest & all, but going after him sends me 2 messages:

1- The Colts scouts beat the Texans scouts to the punch

2- Now we would want a guy they don't want anymore

I'll stick with Mike Bell.
Just my
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #114
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I remember of Keith when he was up here in Canada, he wasn't exactly a high-character guy, either.

Kevin Jones is already injured. We don't need that either.

EDIT! Forgot to mention:

Welcome to the Texans, Mike Bell. Good luck to you!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read