Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-31-2008   #81
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Bell is now a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Cedric Benson ain't cheap legs.
Is he asking for a lot of money???MAN WHAT A WASTE!
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #82
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember when we used to tolerate a player like Chris Brown? You know just sit and hope for the best? Not anymore, this organization is going to be a hard team to make from now on and either you produce or go home. Thanks to Bob, Gary and Rick for doing their job.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #83
kravix
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 kravix is on the Pro-Bowl ballotkravix is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I'd take Kevin Jones or Cedric Benson over Mike Bell any day.
Jones is PUP on the Bears roster. Why bring another RB into camp that cant take reps? Besides he has averaged 3.8 ypc the last 3 seasons. Even Ron Dayne did better than that last season.

Anyone who think Benson has or had a remote shot at this team really needs to step back and realize they are not looking at the entire picture. Players need to have ability, fit the scheme, and fit the personality of the franchise. We arent the Cowboys or Patriots. We dont take players with serious off the field issues and try to rahabilitate thier lack of self control, immaturity, or self respect. He couldnt use $40 of the millions the Bears handed him, which he didnt earn, to call a cab, he obviously has authority issues, and is most likely facing a suspension. A player like that on the Texans roster is a square peg that will never fit into a round hole.
kravix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #84
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I wonder if Chris Taylor reads that sentence and a light bulb goes on inside his head?

That's pretty spooky, folks. Kubiak might be doing the same thing to Taylor that Shanahan did to Bell: Trying to convert a guy to FB because he's not scoring big on the tailback exams.
I think it's more a matter of maximizing versatility. Mike Anderson had an incredible rookie season, but was converted to FB because of a glut at TB and the versatility he could bring to the offense as a runner and receiver at FB. I keep going back to this, but imagine a scenario with Slaton and Taylor in the backfield. I think it opens up the possibilities more than one with Slaton and Leach in there. I'm not banging on Leach.

I think PN has it right; if he weren't an ex-Bronco, I wouldn't think much more than camp fodder to fill in with Brown down. Bell knows the offense; Jones and Benson don't. He can slot in and take reps right away, besides being cheap. If he works out and is an upgrade over some of what we have, then great. If not, it hasn't cost them anything.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #85
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
If he wasn't the diamond in Denver, what on earth makes you think he could come and be one over here with Salaam and a rookie at tackle? Their are better RB's that the Texans could be going after right now than Mike Bell I can assure you.

Sorry but signing him didn't really help the team. It just added another so so RB to the roster that will blend in with the bunch we already have.
I'm sorry, what team is it you're a scout for, I missed it.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #86
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1 View Post
I'm sorry, what team is it you're a scout for, I missed it.
I don't have to be a scout to have my opinion. Is that alright with you? That is what a message board is for. I don't have to scream hooray every time the Texans sign a new player. I'm entitled to my opinion of what they chose to do the way you are.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #87
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Right now, I would be all for going after Andre Hall from the Broncos. Every time he touched the field last year he played well. He showed HR potential and made some big plays. He didn't get that many opportunities last year because the Broncos has Young, Bell, and Henry. When he did, he really played well though. I think the Texans could probably get him for a really late pick or something, and he does have the potential to be a starter here. He also knows the system already, and watching him run he looked way better than Bell ever has.

I also wouldn't going after Canton Kieth from the Colts. He played really well as a backup last year and when Addai went down, their running game didn't miss a beat with Kieth starting. The Colts got Rhodes back, so I could see them letting go of Kieth especially after he got arrested a few months back.

Those are two backups that I think have a lot more potential than Mike Bell.
I never heard of either one of these guys you're talking about. At least I heard of Bell. So what are there ststs like.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-31-2008   #88
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 57809 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't have to be a scout to have my opinion. Is that alright with you? That is what a message board is for. I don't have to scream hooray every time the Texans sign a new player. I'm entitled to my opinion of what they chose to do the way you are.
Second honeymoon?

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #89
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1 View Post
I never heard of either one of these guys you're talking about. At least I heard of Bell. So what are there ststs like.
Go look them up if you want to know. What is so hard for some of you to understand if someone doesn't go ga ga over every move the Texans make? I already said that I will support the guy since he's a Texan now.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #90
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 124145 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Just like dating - she was someone elses first, Sheesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #91
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 57809 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Just like dating - she was someone elses first, Sheesh.
You know I hear that Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #92
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey everyone will you all just please trust in Rick Smith?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #93
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Second honeymoon?

Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #94
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

apparently the chron is saying it was brandon mitchell not brandon harrison that was released.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #95
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
apparently the chron is saying it was brandon mitchell not brandon harrison that was released.
Knew it had to be a mistake.

Harrison has been impressing in camp so far, and has done alot more then Mitchell in TC.

Quote:
One to watch

Brandon Harrison: free safety

Brandon Harrison had the best practice day of his brief Texans career on Monday.

Harrison (6-2, 227) was making plays all over the field, including an interception return for a touchdown.

“He’s smart, and he works hard,” said general manager Rick Smith, who selected Harrison in the fifth round out of Stanford in the 2007 draft. “You can tell he feels a lot more comfortable. He’s having a real good camp, and today was his best day here.”

Harrison spent last season on injured reserve after suffering a serious hamstring injury. Now he’s trying to make up for lost time at a position that’s going to force the coaches to make some difficult cuts.

The Texans are loaded with safeties, including Harrison, C.C. Brown, Will Demps, Glenn Earl, Nick Ferguson, Dominique Barber and Brandon Mitchell.

In the Texans’ defensive scheme, the safeties are interchangeable. Defensive coordinator Richard Smith, defensive backs coach Jon Hoke and assistant secondary coach Ray Rhodes want to get faster in the secondary.

Harrison has excellent size and good enough speed. He’s so intelligent he sometimes overanalyzes. The coaches want him to get comfortable enough to simply react to what he sees. If he can, he’s got a chance to earn playing time.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5912145.html
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #96
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Definitely Mitchell. Mitchell is on houstontexans.com as well.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #97
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19489 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Whew. I was getting really annoyed until reading that. It seemed way too early to give up on a 5th round pick from last year, especially since the things I read about him seemed pretty positive. Of course, if they had gotten rid of him, I should probably have assumed it was due to something bigger (e.g. off-field problems) we hadn't heard about.

I'm kind of sorry to see Brandon Mitchell go, also - I had high hopes for him, as far as UDFAs go. But, with as many players as we have competing at safety this year (including another draft pick this year), it makes sense to cut from that group.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #98
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Unbelievable. There's no way that mistake should have been made - and it shouldn't have taken this long to fix. Wow.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #99
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
You know I hear that Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them.
He's learning from me.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #100
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

If Chris Brown is gonna keep getting hurt the bringing in Bell is a good thing . You never know .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read