Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-29-2008   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Joe Texan Hangs It Up X 2

I was listening to Radio 610 at about 5:45 pm when I heard one (I don’t know one from the other, I think it was Rich Lord) of the two announcers being as disrespectful to one of our own as I’ve ever heard....comments directed about Joe Texan. No matter what you think of Joe, one thing you can’t deny..........he breathes and lives and works hard for our beloved Texans. The announcer belittled Joe’s plaque hanging in the Hall of Fame. If that wasn’t enough, he made belittling sarcastic comments about Joe’s drinking habits, after Joe told him he doesn’t drink. Joe put out a great deal of effort for the aforementioned honor. And as for the latter, unless things have just again recently changed, Joe has indeed chosen to now appreciate life and have fun without the help of alcohol. A disgusting display of an announcer who is so full of himself that he fails to occasionally look at himself in the mirror.............for someone who the only thing he has a chance of hanging at the Hall of fame is in the coatroom.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 07-29-2008 at 06:27 PM.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #2
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Joe Texan Hangs It Up X 2

Sorry to hear that.

Congrats Joe on the ability to enjoy life and have fun without drinking. That is a huge challenge for a lot of people and I am sure it isn't easy with it being all around you (during tailgating, events, etc). It can definitely take a negative toll on your health. Someone mentioned to me a couple of weeks ago that you decided to not drink anymore. I admire you for that.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #3
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

610 is still on the air?? I haven't listened to that station in over a year.

Rich Lord is a douchebag. I don't know why he doesn't follow his true love and get him a radio gig in Nashville.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #4
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Rich Lord is a dumbarse...always has been. I missed that call but did catch him saying that Alex Van Halen plays bass for VH.

Why he is still on the air is beyond me.

P.S. Bruce Springsteen sucks!

Last edited by Drew_Smoke; 07-29-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

What started someone talking about Joe on the radio?
Old 07-29-2008   #6
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really admire Joe for making the choice awhile back. It's not something that comes easy I'm certain.

As for Rich Lord...if he's all that 610 has left to offer, I won't be tuning in anytime soon. I'm glad I didn't hear the show...my car might have started driving itself to the station.
Old 07-29-2008   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119538 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

We have your back, Joe.

I can relate to your efforts with alcohol, it's a daily thing for a lot of us. You have my complete and utter respect.
Old 07-29-2008   #8
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay I know of Joe Texans on this site. Cool guy! However, does he have some sort of personality of a fan outside of this site where people know him?

So, he was on the radio station today, and they blasted him? Why?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #9
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not nearly as bad as some are making it sound.

Here's what actually happened.

Joe called the station and said that Rich Lord needed to stop drinking, because Rich said something about how the Texans could have easily finished 7-9 last season because of the Jacksonville game where the Jaguars had nothing to play for... which is actually true. It could have easily been a different outcome had the Jags needed the win for a playoff spot.

Anyway, Rich then said that Joe was the one who sounded drunk. Rich of course has ZERO knowledge of Joe's battles with alcohol (nor do I) - he was simply saying back to the person that accused HIM of being drunk - that Joe was the one who sounded drunk on the radio.

After that, Rich belittled the Hall of Fame plaque, which he didn't know about, and again - nor did I. He basically said the plaque wasn't a big deal, but in that smarmy way that he says things.

I think you guys are severly overreacting. I don't even think Joe would be mad at Rich. It was just kind of a weird exchange, and nobody brought up being drunk but Joe himself. Is Rich supposed to know to the history of TexansTalk.com message board posters?

You can call me names all you want, but that's what happened.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119538 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Okay I know of Joe Texans on this site. Cool guy! However, does he have some sort of personality of a fan outside of this site where people know him?

So, he was on the radio station today, and they blasted him? Why?
I don't know, but tomorrow I might hop over to their website and see if I can hear the show. I suspect they might be getting calls on Joe's behalf.
Old 07-30-2008   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

Names!

Seriously, thanks for the post. We in Austin aren't exactly hip to what's happening and it did sound bad until your explanation.
Old 07-30-2008   #12
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Joe called the station and said that Rich Lord needed to stop drinking, because Rich said something about how the Texans could have easily finished 7-9 last season because of the Jacksonville game where the Jaguars had nothing to play for... which is actually true. It could have easily been a different outcome had the Jags needed the win for a playoff spot.

Anyway, Rich then said that Joe was the one who sounded drunk. Rich of course has ZERO knowledge of Joe's battles with alcohol (nor do I) - he was simply saying back to the person that accused HIM of being drunk - that Joe was the one who sounded drunk on the radio.

After that, Rich belittled the Hall of Fame plaque, which he didn't know about, and again - nor did I. He basically said the plaque wasn't a big deal, but in that smarmy way that he says things.

I think you guys are severly overreacting. I don't even think Joe would be mad at Rich. It was just kind of a weird exchange, and nobody brought up being drunk but Joe himself. Is Rich supposed to know to the history of TexansTalk.com message board posters?

Thanks for the explanation, but Rich Lord is still an asshat.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #13
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

my wife and I sent an email discussing the outrageous accusations or should I say slander that was shown during their radio broadcast. I'll be listening and waiting to hear the apology tommorow. What time is the show broadcasting?
Old 07-30-2008   #14
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Names!

Seriously, thanks for the post. We in Austin aren't exactly hip to what's happening and it did sound bad until your explanation.
No problem! I'm in Austin too... I was listening via iTunes.

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation, but Rich Lord is still an asshat.
I'm in no way refuting that... but in this case, his biggest crime was belittling the HoF plaque, not making light of any sort of drinking issue.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 07-30-2008   #15
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
my wife and I sent an email discussing the outrageous accusations or should I say slander that was shown during their radio broadcast. I'll be listening and waiting to hear the apology tommorow. What time is the show broadcasting?
Omigod it was SO not slander! See my explanation above. You guys are just going to embarrass the message board if you flood 610 with a bunch of emails overreacting about this.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 07-30-2008   #16
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe is a cool cat and it was kind of cool to meet him at a Subway on Stuebner a few weeks ago.
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #17
whiskeyrbl

Joe don't listen to those idiots, they are just jealous. Congrats on the alcohol free life, stick with it and take it "One day at a time"
Old 07-30-2008   #18
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Rich Lord has made statements in the past about Joe and his drinking. He had asked them to stop and they have ignored him.

I don't know why he called them back. Who would have guessed that Rich Lord was still on the air?

Maybe Joe should have said he was on drugs.

I am not sure what 610 would gain from putting down a Texans Ultimate Fan, a Hall Of Fame honored one at that, for any reason. It seems that as a station that carries the Texans games and takes in a lot of money doing so, they would sing praises. It also seems that Rich Lord is still employed by the Texans and he would see the devotion and passion that Joe exudes on an everyday basis is a benefit to his show and the Texans. His continued trashing of Joe Texan is further proof that he is either jealous or he must have done some bad acid during one of his weird roadie-like Springsteen exursions and never quite recovered.

Joe has done a lot for under-priveleged children and has helped raise a lot of money for various charities in the past. He continues to try to devise more ways of helping people in their struggles and would give the jersey off his back if Rich Lord or anyone who needed it. We shouldn't feel sorry for Joe...he will be fine but I think we should let Rich Lord know how we feel and how his continued bashing of Joe is getting older and harder to bear than his Springsteen stories.

I know Rich can't know about every fans struggles but I still intend to e-mail him to let him know my thoughts and to ask him to tone it down again. Here is his e-mail if you decide to do so as well.

richlord@sportsradio610.com
Old 07-30-2008   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I hate to tell you, but Joe's comment of Lord being drunk was in the context like "what are you doing, drinking Kool Aid." He wasn't seriously accusing Lord of being drunk. Lord, is very familiar with Joe Texan and his past "habits during tailgaiting and games." When Joe replied "I don't drink."
Lord came back "SURE, he doesn't drink." Lord's intentions were indisputably
foul..
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008   #20
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
Rich Lord has made statements in the past about Joe and his drinking. He had asked them to stop and they have ignored him.

I don't know why he called them back. Who would have guessed that Rich Lord was still on the air?

Maybe Joe should have said he was on drugs.

I am not sure what 610 would gain from putting down a Texans Ultimate Fan, a Hall Of Fame honored one at that, for any reason. It seems that as a station that carries the Texans games and takes in a lot of money doing so, they would sing praises. It also seems that Rich Lord is still employed by the Texans and he would see the devotion and passion that Joe exudes on an everyday basis is a benefit to his show and the Texans. His continued trashing of Joe Texan is further proof that he is either jealous or he must have done some bad acid during one of his weird roadie-like Springsteen exursions and never quite recovered.

Joe has done a lot for under-priveleged children and has helped raise a lot of money for various charities in the past. He continues to try to devise more ways of helping people in their struggles and would give the jersey off his back if Rich Lord or anyone who needed it. We shouldn't feel sorry for Joe...he will be fine but I think we should let Rich Lord know how we feel and how his continued bashing of Joe is getting older and harder to bear than his Springsteen stories.

I know Rich can't know about every fans struggles but I still intend to e-mail him to let him know my thoughts and to ask him to tone it down again. Here is his e-mail if you decide to do so as well.

richlord@sportsradio610.com
Only met Joe 1 or 2 times, a great guy....

Rich Lord in MHO is nothing worth listening to...but I did just send him an email telling him that.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read