Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-29-2008   #21
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gaffney or Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
Were you people watching the same Gaffney I was? He did, and does suck! He was so disinterested in playing here he would let passes hit him in the shoulder without even looking around. Don't you guys get it? We weren't good enough for this primadona! Walter is twice the receiver that Gaffney ever thought he was.

The only reason Gaffney is still in the league is Brady makes any receiver look better. Just look at what he and Moss have performed. Moss was good, but he didn't catch 23 TD's in one season until he joined up with Brady.

I think some people forget, due to Randy's time in Oakland, how much of an amazing WR he was and still is. Brady has helped average WR's look okay but given a superior weapon like Moss of course he's going to go off for the amount of TD's he did. Randy's Season high TWICE before was 17.

Gaffney vs Walter? Walter is tougher over the middle but Gaffney has more outside speed. Push IMO.

Last edited by Goldensilence; 07-29-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #22
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Walter is a Texans Gaffney is not, easy choice. I will take thecurrent one over one that is no longer here.

Old 07-29-2008   #23
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

apples to oranges.

gaffney earned little value with Carr, now we can see what he can do.

Walter is a little less talented but makes up for it in all facets of the game.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #24
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i thought the offseason was over
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #25
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Walter seems to be the better pro. He seems hungrier, and has better hands than Gaffney. I think they have similiar athletic ability, I just prefer Walter's hard work approach to the game.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #26
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Gaffney had only played a couple of seasons while Carr was here and was not that good. Over the middle he is not good dropping passes but on the outside he does have some speed. Like others have said in this thread Brady is probably the best QB in the league today and he does make a couple of his WR look better than they really are but it also had to do with having a brand new coaching staff that worked with him and made him a little better. The Texans staff didn't work with him but sometimes a player is just better off when there is a change. Just like any sport football has just the good players and then the superstar players and although Gaffney will always be that good and probably never will be that over the top player I do think that if he is worked with he could be a good WR to to have on your team wich the Pats have done just that. Two years ago the Pats probably did have the best WR core in the league and just maybe they still do. Who knows?
Old 07-29-2008   #27
Polo

I'm gonna go with Walter...

Better blocker and more physical...

For this offense I think we have enough guys who can "recieve"....It's nice to have recievers that can potentially turn 15 yard runs into 30 yard runs on a consistent basis...

Gaffney is another guy...He's pretty talented, but he's not talented enough for me to definitively say I'd rather have him over Walter...

And who knows...Gaffney may just be playing well because he's no longer a feature reciever.....Some guys excel being the third or fourth reciever, but struggle being a feature reciever because of the attention being paid to them...

For now I'll roll with the guy who's rolling with me...
Sponsored links
Old 07-29-2008   #28
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

Do some of you actually look at the numbers before you say some of these things. Gaffney plays for one of the best offenses in history and his numbers except for touchdowns are worst for the Pats than they were for us. I know he was #2 here but he should have been and always had been a #3. He is averaging 24 catches and 295 yards and 3 tds in 2 years with the Pats. How much are we missing.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #29
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

what's a gaffney?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #30
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Do some of you actually look at the numbers before you say some of these things. Gaffney plays for one of the best offenses in history and his numbers except for touchdowns are worst for the Pats than they were for us. I know he was #2 here but he should have been and always had been a #3. He is averaging 24 catches and 295 yards and 3 tds in 2 years with the Pats. How much are we missing.
Not that much but I'd much rather have Walter though because he catches more and because of his blocking skills.
Old 07-29-2008   #31
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
what's a gaffney?
I believe it's one of those hybrid animals, a mix between a giraffe and donkey.

You going to have to ask Napoleon Dynamite to sketch you out the descriptive details though.

Last edited by J-Russ; 07-29-2008 at 06:51 PM.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #32
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Some guys excel being the third or fourth reciever, but struggle being a feature reciever because of the attention being paid to them...
*cough* Peerless Price *cough, cough*
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #33
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Walter

Gaffney is my favorite Pat which isn't saying much seeing as I despise the team but he has flourished with Brady... I don't know really know how to compare them... ok so Gaffney went from Carr who we'll nicely label sub-par to playing with Tom Brady. HE'S F@#$ING TOM BRADY!!! but then he was a bigger producer than Stallworth and became a little of his clutch receiver ex. the Baltimore play from this year, which was complete bullshit but that's beyond the point.

Walter on the other hand stepped up big last year and kicked major ass down the stretch, not to mention he works in Kubes' system.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read