Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-28-2008   #1
jvaldez1984
Rookie

Default Maroon Lot vs MetroRail...

looking to get opinions on what i should do to get to the games this year...im debating whether to pay $200 for season parking in the maroon lot or pay $15/game at the Fannin park and ride and taking the MetroRail(another $2 roundtrip/per person and there are two of us)...the walking distance seems the same by looking at the map but i could be wrong...what do you guys think?
jvaldez1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #2
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Maroon Lot vs MetroRail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaldez1984 View Post
looking to get opinions on what i should do to get to the games this year...im debating whether to pay $200 for season parking in the maroon lot or pay $15/game at the Fannin park and ride and taking the MetroRail(another $2 roundtrip/per person and there are two of us)...the walking distance seems the same by looking at the map but i could be wrong...what do you guys think?
Hard to tailgate riding the metrorail.
Old 07-28-2008   #3
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 61122 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Hard to tailgate riding the metrorail.
Exactly. If you tailgate, I'm guessing they won't let you load a grill, cooler, a canopy, chairs, etc. on board the train.

If you're not tailgating, then I suppose the Metrorail would work, but I'd imagine there's cheaper places to park along the line than $15 though. I know you can park in a $2 lot downtown and ride it out to Reliant. $6 a game sure beats $19-$20 per game.

But I don't know anything about how late they run, for the late games, or what kind of a nightmare it is getting back on it after the game.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #4
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

If you do choose to take the Metro Rail, I would park in the Memorial Hermann Professional Center Building. I think the price is 10 bucks and you can catch the rail right outside the parking lot.

I did this for the Rodeo and I can tell you I will never take the busses to Reliant again. Easy in...easy out.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #5
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd opt for the maroon lot and tailgating.

Getting to Reliant on the Metro Rail is relatively painless - getting out is another story altogether. I gave my Blue Parking Pass to some friends two years ago for one game and rode the Metro Rail.

Going back to my truck was something like NY Subway hell. It was hot...really hot. There were hundreds of sweaty people pushing to get on the little cars. Once on, there were people standing, sitting, leaning - it was pretty much a once in a lifetime experience for sure. I've never done it again nor have I ever recommended it.

If you decide to go with the Metro Rail, park as close as possible so you don't have to ride it very far. That was my second mistake - I parked in the $2 lot downtown - that is a very, very long way on a hot day with 4000 fans around you in one small rail car while stopping every other block.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #6
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I am a MetroRail vagabond. Unless it has gone up it is $10.00 to park at the Fannin park and ride. $2.00 per person to ride the train. Since I have a few hundred buddies in the parking lot, tailgating is not a problem. I don't drink so that takes care of that problem, but I bet if you rode the rail and hooked up with a tailgate group you could put some money in the kitty for some beers and brauts. You have some guys that bring more than one grill and if you really wanted to you can carry a shopping bag on the train. That said I have been thinking about breaking down and getting a parking pass myself.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read