Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-28-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AccuScore: Sports forcasting -Texan results

stumbled on this reading another sports thing

I haven't read how this computer simulation puts things in order

but shows Texans win total
5 wins 17.6 percent probability
6 wins 21.7 percent probability
7 wins 19.5 percent probability

http://accuscore.com/index.php?optio...als&Itemid=210

now playoff probability 6.0% for the Texans (hey Astros are .1% probability)
http://accuscore.com/option,com_acc_...st/Itemid,210/

Quote:
AccuScore forecasts the future of sports, just like the weather forecast predicts the weather
http://accuscore.com/articles/misc/w...is-accuscore?/

so they flip a coin? (about as good as what forcasters are in predicting the weather)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AccuScore: Sports forcasting -Texan results

kinda different and this will definitely change

Texans-steelers page
http://accuscore.com/option,com_acc_...07/game_id,11/
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #3
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
stumbled on this reading another sports thing

I haven't read how this computer simulation puts things in order

but shows Texans win total
5 wins 17.6 percent probability
6 wins 21.7 percent probability
7 wins 19.5 percent probability

http://accuscore.com/index.php?optio...als&Itemid=210

now playoff probability 6.0% for the Texans (hey Astros are .1% probability)
http://accuscore.com/option,com_acc_...st/Itemid,210/

http://accuscore.com/articles/misc/w...is-accuscore?/

so they flip a coin? (about as good as what forcasters are in predicting the weather)
They might flip a coin. I just used a 1991 US Nickle and flipped it 16 times letting it hit the table. According to my coin, we go 7-9.

Now on the off chance my coin is correct, after the season is over you may purchase my amazing fortune telling 5 cent piece on ebay with a starting bid of $10k dollars.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
They might flip a coin. I just used a 1991 US Nickle and flipped it 16 times letting it hit the table. According to my coin, we go 7-9.
That's a fun idea, here's my results: using a 2001 Quarter- Kentucky Edition

Steeler: We Win
Ravens: We Lose
Titans: We Lose
Jags: We Lose
Colts: We Win
Dolphins: We Win
Lions: We Win
Bye:
Vikings: We Lose
Bengals: We Win
Colts: We Lose
Browns: We Win
Jags: We Lose
Packers: We Lose
Titans: We Lose
Raiders: We Win
Bears: We Win

Waddya know we go 8-8! LOL
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #5
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Right, just 2 teams, Miami and Atlanta, have a worse playoff probability than we do.

Luckily the games are played on a football field and not on a computer.

The Texans are going into Pittsburgh and "steeling" one. That'll get some people waking up to what's going on down here.

How's that for a forecast?

thatsbulltailgaters.net

Last edited by Speedy; 07-28-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read