Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-28-2008   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ESPN Blog Network: Texans Notes...June 28

Take it for what it's worth, but I thought I'd pass along something I found today: An ESPN feature (AFC South Blog Network)

link: Texans July 28th Report by Paul Kuharsky, espn.com

Quote:
• In a team period, a 9-on-7 period and a red-zone team period, I did my best to keep track of the touches of the four running backs who worked. Chris Brown was out with back issues.

Rookie Steve Slaton had 10, Ahman Green (the starter) and Chris Taylor had seven and Darius Walker had six. There seemed to be an effort to keep them all involved, a good mix of inside and outside stuff and a decent number of pass-catching chances. While some of Slaton's came at the end of each period with second- or third-teamers, I felt like they all got some chances with the ones on offense.

Two bad moments of note for Walker: On a play-action, check-down in a team period, he seemed very timid as he collected a short pass in the middle of the field. While he may have been expecting a lick, he lost a chance at additional yards as no one arrived immediately. On one bad play in 9-on-7, Walker got folded in half by safety C.C. Brown.

Chester Pitts told me Sunday the Texans are doing a better job of using the whole field in the run game, and I could see that is the case. It looks like everyone involved in the run game is making progress with the new zone-blocking scheme, though obviously the offensive line isn't cut-blocking teammates. I'll have another entry further addressing some of that soon.
A lot of stuff to read in that blog entry. I wonder if it matches the observations of our guys/gals here who are helping with camp coverage.
Old 07-28-2008   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ESPN Blog Network: Texans Notes...June 28

I'm thrilled when someone, anyone, notices a positive change in our running game!
Old 07-28-2008   #3
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

even though some of that is subjective it's nice to get the "reps" details. i wish i could rationalize driving down to houston for a practice.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Play of the practice: linebacker Chaun Thompson made an excellent leaping grab in front of Daniels inside the 5-yard line near the boundary in red-zone work. A very pretty interception.
I think he means Zac Diles. From the picture below.

Quote:
On one bad play in 9-on-7, Walker got folded in half by safety C.C. Brown.
Very nice!!

Old 07-28-2008   #5
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112269 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think he means Zac Diles. From the picture below.

Very nice!!

That is a really cool picture Hou Tex. You must have been pretty close to the sidelines.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #6
Polo

Someone tell Zach he has to stay in bounds to score
Old 07-28-2008   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
That is a really cool picture Hou Tex. You must have been pretty close to the sidelines.
Sorry, I should've included the link. HT.com has a photo section I like to check out after each practice. BullPennPhotos has some good ones too.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/PhotoGallery.asp
Sponsored links
Old 07-28-2008   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked the small part about Molden. Keeping up with AJ is very impressive!

Quote:
Later in a team period, what I thought was Schaub's deepest throw of the day didn't make it to Andre Johnson as rookie cornerback Antwaun Molden stayed with him up the left side and broke it up.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

He must've attended the afternoon session of the practice as I saw chris Brown get a decent amount of reps in the morning. Also the hit Earl Cochrn delivered on Chs Brown sounded like it hurt.
Old 07-28-2008   #10
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79918 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
i wish i could rationalize driving down to houston for a practice.
Just do it. You won't regret it.

I really miss going to camp. I don't know what the driving distance is that keeps the trip from being worthwhile, but I'm sure its more than 150. Unfortunately Its also less than 800.
Old 07-28-2008   #11
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Au$tin to Hou$ton is 16$ mile$.

I have to drive that di$tance ten time$ thi$ year plu$ beer co$t$...

if anyone want$ to $pon$or me....
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #12
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 66472 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I liked the small part about Molden. Keeping up with AJ is very impressive!
Quote:
Later in a team period, what I thought was Schaub's deepest throw of the day didn't make it to Andre Johnson as rookie cornerback Antwaun Molden stayed with him up the left side and broke it up.

A rookie cb is blanketing our best wr who is attempting to catch an underthrown ball by our saviour qb.

Sounds promising....

... Kinda....I know, it's just three days into training camp.

Old 07-28-2008   #13
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Quote:

A rookie cb is blanketing our best wr who is attempting to catch an underthrown ball by our saviour qb.

Sounds promising....

... Kinda....I know, it's just three days into training camp.

Maybe I am missing something here. It sounds to me like from that snippet Molden broke it up instead of an underthrow.

Some of the posters here should think about being DE's. Already ready to rush a QB even if it means our own.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #14
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 66472 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Maybe I am missing something here. It sounds to me like from that snippet Molden broke it up instead of an underthrow.

Some of the posters here should think about being DE's. Already ready to rush a QB even if it means our own.

Upon furthur review..I think you are right about the pass just being broken up...

Just funnin' around anyway. We're all fans.

Old 07-29-2008   #15
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Upon furthur review..I think you are right about the pass just being broken up...

Just funnin' around anyway. We're all fans.

If Molden has the ability to keep up with Dre.....our secondary is going to be a-ok this year.

I don't real often talk my resentment about David Carr and his tenure as QB here. My biggest thing isn't the money or the wasted #1 pick. It that's his play will have skewed the perspective of Texan fans for the QB position past his time. Until Matt Schaub steps in this season he is THE reference point.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #16
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Not that it really matters, but the date is actually JULY 28th, not June.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #17
Eight Gov
Rookie

I can't say this means much because ESPN has lost all credibility with me after I read this article where they made like 25 errors in their fantasy mag or something. I wish I could find that link again.
Eight Gov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #18
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
i wish i could rationalize driving down to houston for a practice.
I wish I could rationalise taking a week off work, flying half way across the world, leaving my wife and kinds in the lurch, spending a small fortune, to go to a practice session, that would be sweet.
Old 07-29-2008   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kiwi!! IF I ever win the lotto, I'll fund the trip!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I wish I could rationalise taking a week off work, flying half way across the world, leaving my wife and kinds in the lurch, spending a small fortune, to go to a practice session, that would be sweet.
You wont do that? And you call your self a Texans fan. Slacker.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read