Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-28-2008   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Taylor's fill-in off to good start

That fill-in would be Charlie Anderson, yes the former Houston Texan......

Quote:
DAVIE - Charlie Anderson and his wife, Victoria, were out having an early wedding anniversary dinner last Sunday when he got a text message from former college teammate Josh Cooper.

The message was that Jason Taylor had just been traded to the Washington Redskins.

And guess who is the first in line to replace the Miami Dolphins former NFL Defensive Player of the Year?

"This is the biggest opportunity of my career," Anderson said. "Right now, I'm trying to take full advantage of it."

Throwing No. 1 overall pick Jake Long to the ground during a pass rush drill - as Anderson did Sunday - is a good place to start.

But if the 6-foot-4, 250-pound Anderson is feeling the pressure to come in and replace one of the most popular players in Dolphins history, he wasn't showing it.

After all, it's not like he's trying to replace Dan Marino.

"Close to it," Anderson smiled. "JT is a great player. Coming out of college, I always looked up to a guy like him. ... But the only pressure I can have is the pressure from my team to be the best player I can be.

"I'm trying to go out and play as hard as I can. I'm not trying to fill Jason Taylor's shoes. I'm trying to be the best player I can be."

If any Dolphin can sympathize with what Anderson and the guys behind him are going through, it's middle linebacker Channing Crowder.

All Crowder is doing is stepping into the position formerly occupied by Zach Thomas.

"When Zach left, everybody keep putting that, 'Now you're taking Zach's place' (on me)," Crowder said Sunday. "You want to let it go, you're not going to replace Jason Taylor. Defensive Player of the Year and I don't know how many ... (six)-time Pro Bowl (pick).

"You're not going to replace him, but you're going to fill the Will linebacker position and do a great job."
Link

Good luck Charlie........

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read